Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
FACT - your persona is not humorous when we lose and Flanno plays like shit...he is not our only problem. Forward pack is soft and has no leader, JMK has no footy iq and has poor service. Flanno is still top 3 of our problems...and no one is worse than him, maybe on par.
I’m not trying to be funny right now. It happens over snd over again…. A few years ago Lewis was the worst halfback to play NRL, now Flano is…before Lewis it was Mbye. When Flano goes, if Ciraldo doesn’t have immediate success, it will be the next guy. At some point people have to look at the overarching structures and acknowledge that while some of our players may be far from great, those structures are making them worse.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
And for the 6 and 7 to shine you need at least 4 powerful middles of quality, which we most definitely do not have.

We loose the battle on the ground and post contact virtually every week, making it almost impossible to win if the opposition control the ball.

I want this addressed before i worry about our number 7.
Just wondering, other than Moses, exactly what 7 would actually complement Burto.

We are seeing some worrying flaws in his game.

Yes there's plenty of reasons why he is not looking great atm, but there's def parts missing in his 5/8 skillset.

Finding him a suitable partner to jell with his game will be difficult?

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So everyone else is on consensus that he's shit and you're the only defending him and prolonging this thread

Also FYI, my sources have said he's been shopped the fuck around so much and we've offered to pay the majority of his wage and there are NO TAKERS.
Well, if you don’t want the threat yo be prolonged, you could Soward stop arguing bro. Just saying.

My sources say something very different. My sources say 10 year upgrade is in the works.

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are cursed for a number 7 we go from Lachlan Lewis to flanno what did we do to deserve this

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I’m not trying to be funny right now. It happens over snd over again…. A few years ago Lewis was the worst halfback to play NRL, now Flano is…before Lewis it was Mbye. When Flano goes, if Ciraldo doesn’t have immediate success, it will be the next guy. At some point people have to look at the overarching structures and acknowledge that while some of our players may be far from great, those structures are making them worse.
But all those duds you named are fkn rubbish.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought we got exposed worse last week.

We had our mad Monday 2 weeks ago. They have clocked off after the Cowboys loss which deflated their heads after a few wins.
I was giving them the benefit of the doubt...
Against the Cowgirls we were robbed.
Against the Warriors it was the long travels and short turnaround.
Today...No excuses !

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah, I agree but Flanno is still shit

Flanagun

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
But all those duds you named are fkn rubbish.
That may be the case, but you can’t say they are the main problem when the problem existed and persisted before and or after they fucked off.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
That may be the case, but you can’t say they are the main problem when the problem existed and persisted before and or after they fucked off.
Ok they were the 2nd biggest problem :p

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Don't care about his concussion issues, I'd risk it all for Keary

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I love Flanagan's signature play of dummy and run into 3 defenders for a loss and the world's slowest play the ball. He does it on tackle 4 every set in the 20 and sometimes two times a set..

I also love his other signature play of giving it to the lead running forward every time we've created space out the back.. Or the repeated inside balls. Flanagan is the least instinctual and creative attacking half in the comp. He has tunnel vision. The defence aren't threatened at all when he has the ball.

He tries hard, he tackles well, he puts his body on the line. I can't fault his effort. It's nothing personal, but he's not good enough and if he's in the team next year, we will miss the finals yet again.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Every game this week is a blow out except for thursday night... roosters up 30 0 after 34 minutes
nrlol