Opinion Flanagan cannot be no 7 in 2023

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
His attack is questionable but everything else he does is not that bad...

If there was someone better I would be all for it.
That's where our problem lies my friend. Only one left to try is BBO and no point trying him now in round 24

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's just a negative player. He takes the easiest options in attack because he's scared to make a mistake which also causes him to get sacked a lot. Way too passive and offers absolutely nothing. Even his 5th tackle kicks are atrocious. We should not be persisting with him, even if we have to wait until 2024 use our kids, e.g. BBO there.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
7 runs
33m
20/22 tackles
1 tackle break
1 kick for 40m

blue & white blood

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton is pissing me off. For all the flack Jack Cogger got, he never ever passed to a player to put them in a worse position than himself.
Burton couldn't give a fuck with his shit tip ons and dud passes when he couldn't be fucked taking the line on.
I honestly believe we should have made a play for Nico Hynes when we had the chance and as much as I am a Burton fan I think Nico would have been a better option, he is killing it at the sharks, he leads by example and seems to inspire the team and gets everyone involved & we probably wouldn't be forking out so much money to keep him like we are with Burton, even Hynes goal kicking seems much better than Burtons.

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm sure Gus is all over it but who's going to take him. Hopefully Ciraldo tells him he'll be playing NSW Cup next year.
Throw the bank at Moses
Our 1 is terrible too I might add, while I'm at it Pangai Jr is robbing us without a Balaklava

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But he has all the commentators conned & asking $850k what a joke, if so Moses or Dylan Brown are worth $2m each.
Lolllll… $2M for a partnership yet to win a premiership…

I think you’re being harsh on Burton. What were Moses or Brown playing like 30 games into their career? It’s a little unfair to compare a seasoned veteran like Moses to Burton right now. Moses and Brown have had 2 or 3 seasons together… Burton is yet to find his halves partner

Reactions: 88

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lolllll… $2M for a partnership yet to win a premiership…

I think you’re being harsh on Burton. What were Moses or Brown playing like 30 games into their career? It’s a little unfair to compare a seasoned veteran like Moses to Burton right now. Moses and Brown have had 2 or 3 seasons together… Burton is yet to find his halves partner
Harsh? Burton is set to become the second highest paid 5/8 in the game if we believe reports yet he barely breaks into the top 10 5/8's in the NRL. When you're set to earn that sort of coin then certain performances are expected from you. Burton and Brown are the same age btw and Brown is certainly the better player.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Harsh? Burton is set to become the second highest paid 5/8 in the game if we believe reports yet he barely breaks into the top 10 5/8's in the NRL. When you're set to earn that sort of coin then certain performances are expected from you. Burton and Brown are the same age btw and Brown is certainly the better player.
Yes harsh.

1. Brown receives better service from dummy half.

2. Brown plays with a halfback that can actually organise a team and thus allow Brown to focus on his running / passing game

3. Brown plays behind a monster forward pack that gives the halves the room to play, not constantly camped in their own red zone

Burton is being paid on potential, similar to what the Cowboys did when they bought Thurston (even though player salaries weren’t as high as they are now). It’s a risk that needs to be taken, we have seen enough to know that he has the potential to be in the top 3 halves in the game… just needs a stronger team around him so that he does not feel obliged to try and do it all on his own

LadWriter1

Waterboy
Reaction score
All the games I’ve been to I’ve noticed that before he kicks the ball, it looks like he just gets flustered and doesn’t know what to do with it. The way he drops the ball onto his leg is like a kid kicking for the first time.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Braydon Trindall would be a great pick up and foil for Burton if we can’t land a big fish in Moses or Munster

Shreksno1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look, I don't disagree at all. Our forwards (and especially our bench) are one of our biggest problems.
NO SHIT !
Zocker clay, stimpson, edwards (wow) what the actual fuck. How they cracked first grade is beyond me

Weak Gutted Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Braydon Trindall would be a great pick up and foil for Burton if we can’t land a big fish in Moses or Munster
This.

It’s a shame Ciraldo was signed earlier. Might have convinced Sean o Sullivan to come across. He is a genuine 7.

Wonder if Ciraldo can do anything with BBO or wakeham. ???