Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know why but I have a weird feeling about Moses.., he is off contract again and he will never win a comp at Parra. I am no fan but he is definately top 5 in NRL halfbacks and would be pretty handy inside Burton. The Dolphins are years away from being a premiership threat and the premiership chances out there (Storm, Penrith, Cronulla, Cowboys, Broncos, etc all have halfbacks except for maybe Souths.)

If Moses wants to win a comp, our rebuild including Gus, Ciraldo, JAC, Burton, Kikau, Mahoney etc might be to attactive to him and we might get him for Rooster money...
Whats so funny @Cheng ?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're Basil
No I am Bazil..

I said it was a weird feeling and I am no Moses fan, but, we do need a top flight half so who is there available except Burtons bitch Moses...?

Last edited:

Cheng

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
No I am Bazil..

I said it was a weird feeling and I am no Moses fan, but, we do need a top flight half so who is there avaiable except Burtons bitch...?
Only top flight half available is Munster and that is 24.

Munster is the only premium half available, as he would be worth every dollar thrown at him

Moses, like Clitoris Gutherson are overpaid flat track bullies who have gone missing year in year out, when it most matters on the big stage

"Moses wont win a premiership with Parra", well he definitely will not be winning one with Canterbury

It's Munster only, and that wont happen. We have to persist with Flanagan on an average wage, while we produce a half from one of our juniors who will hopefully be Hayward

You do realise Moses is on 900k at Parra?

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Munster is the only premium half available, as he would be worth every dollar thrown at him

Moses, like Clitoris Gutherson are overpaid flat track bullies who have gone missing year in year out, when it most matters on the big stage

"Moses wont win a premiership with Parra", well he definitely will not be winning one with Canterbury

It's Munster only, and that wont happen. We have to persist with Flanagan on an average wage, while we produce a half from one of our juniors who will hopefully be Hayward

For 900k, you will definitely get more value from Haas than Moses

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't get why we are talking about Munster... If we got Munster we would need to move Burton to 7. While he could play that role I think it would be a mistake. Munster is no 7 he is either a 5/8 or Fullback. Signing him to play Fullback is one thing but signing him as a half makes no sense as far as sensible spending of the salary cap. If we were to lose Burton that would be a differet story. BUt with CC on board can't see that happening.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Munster... and you are laughing at me??

Munster is a 6 and will earn 1.3 - 1.5 mil per season with the Dolphins so thats a waste of breath, never happening. Gutherson is easily the biggest fraud at Parramatta and he and Brad Arthur are nowhere which is why parra wont win a comp. Moses is on $900k+ but that runs out regardless at the end of 24 and nobody worth playing for (a permiership contender) will offer him that sort of money.

I remember when we were a powerhouse and players wanted to play for us and for less than they could get elsewhere, that time looks like it might be returning and we "need" a top shelf 7 if we want success in the next 2 or 3 years, otherwise if we have to wait to develop one it might be a lot longer wait..

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

We don’t need “Too Flight” in a 7.

We need a good solid game managing half. That can compliment Burton.

Hastings would be the one I would go for. He would be half the price of Munster and more of the style of Half we need. Munster like Burton are genuine 6’s.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I really don't get why we are talking about Munster... If we got Munster we would need to move Burton to 7. While he could play that role I think it would be a mistake. Munster is no 7 he is either a 5/8 or Fullback. Signing him to play Fullback is one thing but signing him as a half makes no sense as far as sensible spending of the salary cap. If we were to lose Burton that would be a differet story. BUt with CC on board can't see that happening.
Or… we could make Burton our number 1

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don’t need “Too Flight” in a 7.

We need a good solid game managing half. That can compliment Burton.

Hastings would be the one I would go for. He would be half the price of Munster and more of the style of Half we need. Munster like Burton are genuine 6’s.
Munster is a 1, 6 & 7

Hastings is average just like the majority of the halves in the comp

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munster is a 1, 6 & 7

Hastings is average just like the majority of the halves in the comp
Munster is not an organising play maker

He is a 6/1 not a 7. Particularly when Burton is NOT close to a 7.

A (better than average) Hastings at half the price of Munster will suit our squad balance better. Munster is great but him and Burton both play the same role. We need a true 7.

If your throwing big money around Sua'ali'i is the one we should be going in for.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Munster... and you are laughing at me??

Munster is a 6 and will earn 1.3 - 1.5 mil per season with the Dolphins so thats a waste of breath, never happening. Gutherson is easily the biggest fraud at Parramatta and he and Brad Arthur are nowhere which is why parra wont win a comp. Moses is on $900k+ but that runs out regardless at the end of 24 and nobody worth playing for (a permiership contender) will offer him that sort of money.

I remember when we were a powerhouse and players wanted to play for us and for less than they could get elsewhere, that time looks like it might be returning and we "need" a top shelf 7 if we want success in the next 2 or 3 years, otherwise if we have to wait to develop one it might be a lot longer wait..
Gutherson is a fraud? I rate him. he consistently plays at a high level. You have no idea!

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
$900k a year is a lot of money.
Definitely is. Players who demand that amount of coin never have back to back shit games. Little alone be a 10/10 one week then drop to a 3/10 the next.