Pride Jersey Pt.2

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And thats wrong if they received threats and felt they couldnt go.

But ffs look at all "categories". Christianity is not alone. I'm sitting with a muslim now who says the same thing.

Its not right but it happens. Thats why each person needs to try open their minds, and just try to be tolerant and respectful. Categorising and labelling for the sake of it doesn't help shit

And please, start using paragraphs. Its very hard to read your posts. Or spaces between paragraphs if you are.
I really cannot be bothered. I do apologise I agree it is very annoying as I at times can’t even tolerate my wall texts. But being on a forum I like to just to be somewhat illiterate without worrying lol.
Why can’t we just drop the political ideology and just call everyone Australian? Making your own flags and groups cause the division and make yourselves stand out as seperate. Everyone can come under one Australian flag and everyone Australian. But no.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I really cannot be bothered. I do apologise I agree it is very annoying as I at times can’t even tolerate my wall texts. But being on a forum I like to just to be somewhat illiterate without worrying lol.
Why can’t we just drop the political ideology and just call everyone Australian? Making your own flags and groups cause the division and make yourselves stand out as seperate. Everyone can come under one Australian flag and everyone Australian. But no.
Because. The world is too globalised and integrated for that. We have moved beyond that, there is no going back. Yes we are one, but we are many (lol).

Its ok to be different. Those differences give us a sense of self identity. its ok for different races, religions, genders, sexulaities, aliens with different beliefs to thrives under one universal banner of peace.

Its just a matter of us, as humans, finding a that harmonious balance of tolerance and self respect.

Both sides, left/right, thiest/atheist, religious/homo, etc etc will get things right and wrong, and the rights and wrongs should be discussed, no group is perfect.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats exactly it isnt it...

Im comfortable enough in my opinion to say I do feel anything of the rainbow kind is Illogical just like some would the same about my faith RATHER I'm HAPPY enough to say I'm not going to be rude to anyone nor violent to anyone and accept whilst being respectful of the choices in another's life.

NOW do I seriously need to celebrate your choice? Do i need to dress like you? FCUK NO Just like I wouldn't expect another to wear a Hijab or a Cassock in solidarity...

You want to be gay then go for it but don't expect society to be gay for a day...
Here's my agree/disagree response.

Firstly, agree. Shouldn't be forced to wear anything you don't agree with. I don't think anyone should be forced to do that.

Secondly, disagree. Being gay isn't a choice. If you say that then you're being completely dishonest. If you really think that being gay is a choice then that means that every man is actually attracted to other men but only the gay ones act on it....

Hmmm... Maybe we are all gay. Cool. Welcome my gay brother!

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Here's my agree/disagree response.

Firstly, agree. Shouldn't be forced to wear anything you don't agree with. I don't think anyone should be forced to do that.

Secondly, disagree. Being gay isn't a choice. If you say that then you're being completely dishonest. If you really think that being gay is a choice then that means that every man is actually attracted to other men but only the gay ones act on it....

Hmmm... Maybe we are all gay. Cool. Welcome my gay brother!

Misconstrued my rainbow friend.... I don't believe that.

Some people just have that desire fueled by a thought process and belief. The choice to follow that path and enjoy it more than any another... It wouldn't be the first time people follow the path of desire be it harmful or illogical. Addiction to drugs and alcohol could fall into the same category, Once normalized the addiction becomes a way of life...

With all that it doesn't mean one must be punished or torched for the path they choose. 80 years on this world, if your lucky, live it baby the way you want.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

Some people just have that desire fueled by a thought process and belief. The choice to follow that path and enjoy it more than any another... It wouldn't be the first time people follow the path of desire be it harmful or illogical. Addiction to drugs and alcohol could fall into the same category, Once normalized the addiction becomes a way of life...

With all that it doesn't mean one must be punished or torched for the path they choose. 80 years on this world, if your lucky, live it baby the way you want.
It's the usual Conservative religious idea. Conservative religious think that being gay must be a choice, because why would God make someone gay if he opposes it?

But there has been a few things proven by science:

1) through no fault of their own, people become psychopathic killers

2) through no fault of their own, people are born with a mix of male and female anatomy

3) through no fault of their own, people become gay

So if you think being gay is a choice, then you're completely wrong. But that doesn't mean you have to praise people for being gay. Because being religious is your choice. And believing in a God is your choice. And I guess being wrong is also your choice, but it's best to consider the potential harm you may be doing by pushing your false beliefs.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You’re 78? God Bless. Really good to see a boomer not be a typical cradle catholic and strong in his faith, tbh it’s really really good to see. Had no idea about your health condition and pretty shocked about it. I’ll throw in a Hail Mary for you.
Many thanks for your prayers and thoughts Bro. Owned a station in the outback in the last 20 years, sold and retired after was diagnosed with agressive C, went through the touture chambers in 2017, now 5 years later the doctors all tell me that I'm clear, but have some side affects.
I then went back to Griffith where I grew up found a really great spiritual Priest who set up a great Catholic Christian Family amongst the Faithfull, when I'm Ok I usually go to Mass 6-7 times each week many others do also
People want to help anyway possible many brought me food, I couldn't ask or hope for better

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Many thanks for your prayers and thoughts Bro. Owned a station in the outback in the last 20 years, sold and retired after was diagnosed with agressive C, went through the touture chambers in 2017, now 5 years later the doctors all tell me that I'm clear, but have some side affects.
I then went back to Griffith where I grew up found a really great spiritual Priest who set up a great Catholic Christian Family amongst the Faithfull, when I'm Ok I usually go to Mass 6-7 times each week many others do also
People want to help anyway possible many brought me food, I couldn't ask or hope for better
Honestly it almost seems a pre requisite today to hand pick your priest and make sure they haven’t slid to far to the left where they put a false empathy and sympathy on the sin of the individual rather than the truth, which in the end does not help but “potentially” condemn them for the next life and eternity to hell.
It really is a shame that post vatican ii instead of priests/bishops and parishes using it for good they end up abusing certain rules and try and find ambiguous language to do what they do which never would’ve been allowed prior to Vatican ii.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I reckon I tick half a dozen of the boxes on Folau's list but I couldn't pretend to be offended if you offered me money. Folau the player was one of the all time greats but Folau the man is a God-bothering loon. However, even a God-bothering loon has a basic right to free speech, without being sacked by his employer, who wasn't vilified by Folau's comments in any way.

And if you scratch below the surface, Folau wasn't sacked because Rugby Australia wanted him gone - he was sacked because the boss of Qantas (who uses Qantas as his personal soap box) wanted him gone! Think on that next time you grumble about Laundy exercising too much influence at the Dogs.
That’s not the way the professional world works. Free speech entitles a person to say what they want without being thrown in a cell …. It does not offer them immunity from repercussions from their employer in the event they say something in a public forum which can be seen as damaging to their brand… at least it doesn’t if they have signed a contract agreeing not to make public comment about certain issues which an employer has already clearly stipulated it sees as damaging to its brand, as was the case with Folau.

Whether he actually breached the terms of what he signed from a legal POV we will never know. But those who say he was automatically protected from repercussions don’t understand the difference between free speech and contractual obligations.

If his legal team was so confident of a win, I seriously doubt he would have settled for so much less than he initially sought, he wouldn’t have settled after swearing he would not do so, and he wouldn’t have agreed to apologise as one of the conditions of the settlement.

Not sure what Laundy has to do with it, I’ve never been a critic of his, personally.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Christmas don’t believe atheists when they claim they are following an imaginary sky fairy. Doesn’t stop many of them from taking offence. You don’t get to determine what is offensive to other people, mate. It’s all about perception.
Probably not the best analogy as atheists don’t give a f#%* about anything.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyways I read last night online that the 7 who refused to play are NOT happy with owner who said in an interview with Danny Weidler for channel 9, they’re working with those players and are willing to wear it in future. One of the 7 speaking got in contact with WWOS and said no one said that. Our religious beliefs mean more to us than that.

Guess you can put a PENN through Manly’s season.

Last edited:

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice way to alienate your playing group and some fans by way of virtual signalling.

Their season is effectively over.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Anyways I read last night online that the 7 who refused to play are NOT happy with owner who said in an interview with Danny Weidler for channel 9, they’re working with those players and are willing to wear it in future. One of the 7 speaking got in contact with WWOS and said no one said that. Our religious beliefs mean more to us than that.

Thought it sounded weird that they would fold.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

Doesn't matter if you agree with them or not, I have to commend them for sticking to their guns.

Too often we see people fold when the pressure is on them to do so.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
That’s not the way the professional world works. Free speech entitles a person to say what they want without being thrown in a cell …. It does not offer them immunity from repercussions from their employer in the event they say something in a public forum which can be seen as damaging to their brand… at least it doesn’t if they have signed a contract agreeing not to make public comment about certain issues which an employer has already clearly stipulated it sees as damaging to its brand, as was the case with Folau.

Whether he actually breached the terms of what he signed from a legal POV we will never know. But those who say he was automatically protected from repercussions don’t understand the difference between free speech and contractual obligations.

If his legal team was so confident of a win, I seriously doubt he would have settled for so much less than he initially sought, he wouldn’t have settled after swearing he would not do so, and he wouldn’t have agreed to apologise as one of the conditions of the settlement.

Not sure what Laundy has to do with it, I’ve never been a critic of his, personally.
My comment was the first I have made on the forum on a subject that still makes my blood boil. I was trying to get the point across (possibly not very well) that, if you are big on free speech (as I am), you can find yourself in the Folau camp without necessarily liking the guy.

Laundy was an afterthought and was not directed at you, personally. I was, and remain, angry at the role played in the Folau affair by the Irish scumbag (I'm not trying to come across as anti-Irish - I've forgotten his name and it's a description everyone will recognize). When Rugby Australia select a team, that team then goes out to represent Australia - you and me! The role of a sponsor is to hand over money that will hopefully strengthen the sport and the team, and, in return, bathe in the warm glow of the team's success, and indirectly make money from it. I doubt if you, or anyone else on the Kennel is OK with the idea of a sponsor dictating who will play in the team and who will be sacked from it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well thought out post, I can understand if some men/women are attracted to to people of the same sex.
However as you pointed out the thoughts we harbour will leed us to what we eventually become, I don't believe that anyone became an alcholic after his/her first drink.
As Confusers (sorry don't know how to spell his name) said "with our thoughts we make the world".
I've known some and heard of many cases, where a man chasses girls marries one has children, and then during middle age turns to a gay life stile and sometimes even paedophlia.
If this is not a case of a person allowing the wrong thoughts to take over his/her mind and eventually body I don't know what is, I have yet to see a worthwhile responce as to the reason why this happens to some.
Before each Mass we are asked to remember our sins in this order, thought, words, deeds and ommissions, note thoughts first.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
the globalised world just got significantly fractured and with the world reverting back to distinguishable and divergent nations and cultures, the LGBT experience will be one of the more visible examples of the differences

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score

I could easily replace 'thought process and belief' with the word religion. The issue is when your thought process or belief doesn't allow the presence of other thought processes and beliefs.

And thats the issue with half of the pro-religion comments on this thread. Its doesn't allow another belief and argues that my belief (religion) precludes the existence of anothers belief.

Think you're coming from a good place - but this is the real problem. To religious people, religion is a way of life. Cool with that. To alphabet people, its a way of life. Cool with that. As @alchemist noted, persecution leads to ideological fracturing which ultimately becomes us vs them. The colour of different beliefs in society makes it interesting. If we all believed the same thing - it just becomes one big circle jerk.