Opinion Mahoney

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mahoney is getting absolutely man handled this season in both attack and defence, missed EIGHT tackles this week. Among hookers he currently sits 4th for missed tackles and 1st for line break and try causes. Really hope his shoulder is okay but signs aren't great, 4 years is a long time...
Do we have a back up rake? JMK for 2 years at a base price would have been good.

I liked the look of Berrill playing for Newtown the other week..

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Mahoney is always backing up in support aswell.
That’s one of the features of his game. His passing is mint as well. I don’t know this for a fact but I think Parra look an unhappy place at the moment. I’m not that worried about him at right now. JMK has a strong running game but Mahoney is an upgrade in every other area.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He's missed 54 tackles in 16 games this season. His attack hasn't been as potent this year either as he's run it a lot less.

He's still one of the best hookers in the comp and I'm glad we've signed him.. I'm hopeful he'll play a bigger role with us next season as he has to defer a lot to Moses, Brown and Gutherson etc..

His defence this season is a worry though. The last few seasons he's been a reliable defender so hopefully with a big offseason and more responsibility with us, he can get back to his form of 2020 and 2021..

Malla

Reaction score
He's missed 54 tackles in 16 games this season. His attack hasn't been as potent this year either as he's run it a lot less.

He's still one of the best hookers in the comp and I'm glad we've signed him.. I'm hopeful he'll play a bigger role with us next season as he has to defer a lot to Moses, Brown and Gutherson etc..

His defence this season is a worry though. The last few seasons he's been a reliable defender so hopefully with a big offseason and more responsibility with us, he can get back to his form of 2020 and 2021..
Yeah defense could be a worry given he's coming back from that shoulder surgery. You could hope he gets better - but its been the opposite. He's had 25 missed tackles in the last 5 games alone.

Not concerned yet, as I think this is more due to the team than Mahoney, but something to keep track of as last thing we need is a turnstyle in the middle

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appreciate the stats..

just saying the Stats dont show how clean and fast service is from Dummy half.. also is the ball going to the right player at the right time?

Mahoneys kicking game is better also..
Also doesn’t show JMK’s defence is 1000x better

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Mahoney is getting absolutely man handled this season in both attack and defence, missed EIGHT tackles this week. Among hookers he currently sits 4th for missed tackles and 1st for line break and try causes. Really hope his shoulder is okay but signs aren't great, 4 years is a long time...
The year is 2025
Mahoney is coming into his 3rd season as a Bulldog, and is viewed as the second coming of Liccha amongst the fans
He's ballooned out to 110kgs in his 5 foot 4 frame
Hes had 2 try assists in 2 years, topped the missed tackle count 2yrs in a row and was a victim of the one of the NRLS most vicious tackles from Lachlan Croker which put him out for a month with concussion symptoms
JMK is off contract, fresh of back to back premierships for the Dolphins.
:dizzy: Gould, overworked and still not being able to get us out the bottom 4 picks up the phone to JMKs agent

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The year is 2025
Mahoney is coming into his 3rd season as a Bulldog, and is viewed as the second coming of Liccha amongst the fans
He's ballooned out to 110kgs in his 5 foot 4 frame
Hes had 2 try assists in 2 years, topped the missed tackle count 2yrs in a row and was a victim of the one of the NRLS most vicious tackles from Lachlan Croker which put him out for a month with concussion symptoms
JMK is off contract, fresh of back to back premierships for the Dolphins.
:dizzy: Gould, overworked and still not being able to get us out the bottom 4 picks up the phone to JMKs agent
I laughed but this feels real...

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Take away his try assist and he has been poor. His decision making has been terrible and killed numerous sets.
also quality passes in front to his spine, 2 good early kicks, 1 resulting in a turn over and he's also been involved in multiple other tackles that have resulted in turn overs. I think he's been sacked a few too many times tho (a couple while trying to get a 6 again).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
also quality passes in front to his spine, 2 good early kicks, 1 resulting in a turn over and he's also been involved in multiple other tackles that have resulted in turn overs. I think he's been sacked a few too many times tho (a couple while trying to get a 6 again).
and add another try assist :D

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
+ His second try assist...lol. Still think his decision making has been poor, shades of Hodgson/Farah overpaying their hand

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
That pass by him was absolute trash lol, should have went out the back