Matt Burton | Consolidated thread

MOVE.80

M-Power
Reaction score
Yeah man its fkn bullshit! Look I get it there are some smart operators out there that know how to manage the cap but fuck me AS IF these cuntss aren’t over
Dead set taking the mickey. If rep round wasn't stand-alone they wouldn't be able to field a team lol

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Roosters need forwards. Their backline is still one of the best in the comp - Suali, Manu, Tupou and Teddy

Their issue is forwards hence picking up Lodge this year and whats the bet he has a crack and they keep him long term. They still need more.
There problem is their halves, they are both too brittle

Malla

Reaction score
There problem is their halves, the are both too brittle
You could argue that but I think it's more their forwards who continuously struggle to lay a platform for their Halves and backs. JWH is not the same player and has missed a lot of games, Collins is inconsistent, their bench is not as strong as it used to be. They dont have a hooker either or haven't been too consistent in that area either.

Radley back this week will make a huge difference and take a lot of pressure off their halves, which reinforces that forwards is their issue.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a few things that worries me about the possibility of losing Burton.
Politis's ruthless and obviously questionable methods of getting whatever he wants.
Also although he is now working and been paid by our club, Gus has had a very close association with Politis and the rotters in the past. At this stage, I have no reason to doubt that he is professional enough to honour his contract with us, but I've seen far to many cases of professionals putting past friendships before duty.
If we lose Burton to the rotters I would be worried about Gus's loyality to us.
I think you’re overthinking things too much…

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You could argue that but I think it's more their forwards who continuously struggle to lay a platform for their Halves and backs. JWH is not the same player and has missed a lot of games, Collins is inconsistent, their bench is not as strong as it used to be. They dont have a hooker either or haven't been too consistent in that area either.

Radley back this week will make a huge difference and take a lot of pressure off their halves, which reinforces that forwards is their issue.
That's true to a degree. Anyway let's hope their problems continue,if not, increase. I hate the rortsters

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In bold will probably be gone by 2024, making the Munster signing possible. I think Keary is on almost a mil or something.

But yeah I agree, its ridiculous. They are so top heavy and now they have Lodge who is a grub but a great buy, for $100k lol
If Monster goes to a Roosters than watch for Storm to make a play for Burton...the threat of the roosters and storm is a real concern

Malla

Reaction score
If Monster goes to a Roosters than watch for Storm to make a play for Burton...the threat of the roosters and storm is a real concern
Doubt it
If anyone goes to Storm it’s Wighton but they’ve never paid big money for anyone external to the club

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone else other than Gould was pulling the strings, I'd also be concerned.

I have 100% faith in Gus to get the job done.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No it isnt. Storm aren't willing to break the bank for Munster, they want him to take a pay cut. What makes you think they'll pay more for Burton

Dogs Rule

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don't think the Storm would have the money for Burton. They already have Papenhuyzen, Grant and Hughes on pretty good money. It sounds like it is part of the reason they want Munster to take a pay cut.... Not so much want.... But need him to take a pay cut if he wants to stay.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Seems to be a one trick pony at this stage. Doesn't offer much creativity like other halves. Seems to me that he's primarily a center that can fill in at the halves.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Doesn't help when you have a 7 beside you that does nothing.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Goes great in a dominant Penrith team with the blues.

Granted conditions were not the best. He did not stand up.