Opinion Potter should be our coach!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Talk about premature ejaculation lol. Like fuck he should, don’t want him at this great club .. Eels are having an off game, stop getting excited.. still another 40 mins before the SACK POTTER thread., and I will be the first lol.!!! Fuck potter!!
Eels were throwing everything at us in the early part of the game, and had the benefit of a heavy penalty count. We frustrated them, and stole a few tries against the run of play.

Our attack was sharper, the ball movement was faster, and players were looking for the ball. Plus we had speed to burn. A year ago those intercepts would have been run down.

This has always been in us, and it has taken a change in attack to bring it out.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Potter has made a few tweaks and our attack is reaping the rewards. Avo to fullback has been the master stroke as there really haven’t been any other changes personnel wise.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One win doesn’t mean he’s the best coach in the land. But, he’s a safe pair of hands and there seems to be a lot more pluses for Potter than there are for others. Flanagan has the shadow around his suspension, Ciraldo is untried, Fittler and Green are just undoglike, Wolf we don’t know, Madge doesn’t have good recent form. Even before tonight, Potter seemed to be the right fit for us moving forward. In the absence of a stand out alternative, I could live with the club going with Potter for a year or two.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He was asked at the press conference if he wanted to coach, he said he is thinking about it.

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
What's so reactive though?...he's experienced. He got shafted by Farrah and Benji and an inexperienced board at the Tigers. He's turned the team around. He at the very deserves assistance position.
Let’s see him actually get the players playing like that week to week. We aren’t always going to play a team who is off there game which parra were tonight.

but I do think especially if we get a rookie coach like ciraldo that he needs to be kept around.

NallaC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There playing better with Potter. However Potter has no pressure. Sort of has the perfect temp job.
If they keep performing over the next six weeks then maybe it's worth a thought.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
3 wins on the trot and this thread should start...
...lol it's a coaches thread amongst a zillion other coaching threads. It's about opinions I suppose.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
...lol it's a coaches thread amongst a zillion other coaching threads. It's about opinions I suppose.
My opinion is its still early.. The problem is is we leave it too long we might lose out on Ciraldo who will probably make a decision soon.

Could be a blessing in disguise... I like Mick.. His a touch respectable old bulldog nut.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
He was asked at the press conference if he wanted to coach, he said he is thinking about it.
He had previously been quick to rule out the thought of full time coach, but I sensed a change in his attitude in the press conference.
The way he was describing the pitfalls of full time coaching made me think that he has been in conversation with officials, and is trying to decide if its worth all the angst and hard work.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
There playing better with Potter. However Potter has no pressure. Sort of has the perfect temp job.
If they keep performing over the next six weeks then maybe it's worth a thought.
There's always pressure.

sifter6

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone will look like a super coach after dud Barrett
I agree, even though Barrett appeared to be a nice enough bloke, he cannot coach. Mick Potter is a better coach, but he will never be a Bellamy, or else Mounties would have won Reserve Grade last year.