Official Team List Round 14 v Eels + Match Discussion

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who would have thought....the attacking genius gets punted and our attack ignites. Seriously good seeing a dogs team that turned up to cause an upset, especially against Parra. The ref literaly tried his best to keep Parra in it with a monster penalty count against us despite us having them fatigued all game & him not giving us one 6 again or penalty for them holding down or obstructing the ruck. No ref bias in the nrl boys.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was at the game ,definitely the best win in years ,that’s the way the game was meant to be played.
Let’s get on a winning run now.
Titans made it on 22 points last year.
Never say never ,let’s try create something special for the rest of the year into 2023

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Even though I am stoked at the win; the refereeing left a sour taste for me. I can't understand some of the calls today that went against us, while the Eels were given leeway for the same stuff. The count was too lopsided for the way both teams played.

It does go to show that we can't always blame refs when we lose, but I wonder what the score might have been had we got 12 penalties to 4.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Even though I am stoked at the win; the refereeing left a sour taste for me. I can't understand some of the calls today that went against us, while the Eels were given leeway for the same stuff. The count was too lopsided for the way both teams played.

It does go to show that we can't always blame refs when we lose, but I wonder what the score might have been had we got 12 penalties to 4.
We had no penalties in the second half and no 6 agains and still won with 16 players

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
His kicks and some his pass at the end of plays screwed up the plays where we had chances. This happened about 4 times during rhe game .
Yeah, rightio. Some of you will Soward see bad, because it’s all you look for. He had a good game today. Sad some of you can’t admit it, bro.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He steered the side around well today, produced one try assist, a linebreak assist snd another try involvement. Overall. a good game from hom. Some of you are just incapable of giving credit where it’s due.
Bro he still is the weakest link. Not a FGer

Reactions: TAS

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I think the sign of a good halfback is that they can control the game but go unnoticed. They make the 5/8 look like a superstar.

Flanagan seemed to do that this game. He took the pressure off Burton which allowed Burton to play amazing.
Exactly. And that’s all Potter is asking of him at the moment. He has been pretty down on confidence and Potter is just asking him to steer the ship and let Burton shine. That’s what he has been doing, with the bonus of a few added highlights today.

People call me a troll, but the players I champion are never bad as the kennel implies.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Bro he still is the weakest link. Not a FGer
He’s the best option we have to play 7 at the club snd is obviously performing the role Porter is asking of him. Pretty sad some of you are still piling on the guy after such a good win. He steered the ship today and even produced a few highlights. At least wait until our next loss to resume the pile on.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He steered the side around well today, produced one try assist, a linebreak assist snd another try involvement. Overall. a good game from hom. Some of you are just incapable of giving credit where it’s due.
He needs to work on his kicking game

The few opportunities he did get were terrible and taking the ball to the line is an afterthought for him

Though it wasn’t his worst game in fact for his ceiling he was almost hitting it