13 games - 12 games
3 tries - 6 tries
7 try assists - 8 try assists
5 line breaks - 5 line breaks
7 line break assists - 6 line break assists
33 tackle breaks - 32 tackle breaks
8 offloads - 14 offloads
2 40/20's - 0 40/20's

Burton's last 5 weeks stats wise has been very impressive, a massive uptick.

Burton's in the worst team in the NRL and Luai's in the best team in the NRL with the best strike back rower and decoy beside him...

Anyone criticising Burton or JAC, literally our 2 best players, has no idea.
Give yourself an uppercut. Statistics lie. They can't tell the whole story. Luai could go to the line in traffic and slip a deft pass the kikau who creates the line break for the centre. Luai gets credited with 0. If you look at Penriths games and Dogs games review how many touches Luai has and avg metres per set, compared to Burton and Dogs. Quoting the statistics you quote is near meaningless. We haven't scored tries from all Burtons wonderful work have we?
Ask Cleary and Penrith who they'd rather have. Burton isn't in the top 5 in 5/8th this season thus far.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Give yourself an uppercut. Statistics lie. They can't tell the whole story. Luai could go to the line in traffic and slip a deft pass the kikau who creates the line break for the centre. Luai gets credited with 0. If you look at Penriths games and Dogs games review how many touches Luai has and avg metres per set, compared to Burton and Dogs. Quoting the statistics you quote is near meaningless. We haven't scored tries from all Burtons wonderful work have we?
Ask Cleary and Penrith who they'd rather have. Burton isn't in the top 5 in 5/8th this season thus far.
If it wasn't for Burton we'd barely score 6 points a game. Luai's a good player. Luai and Cleary came through together and Luai has had a massive head start on Burton. 99% of people on here would tell you to get an uppercut suggesting Burton isn't a five-eighth, not sure why you've come at me with that. There's a reason why Burton's going to get an upgrade on his current deal.

Last edited:

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We don't have one f..king player in either State of Origin teams (best 34 NRL players)
They are the best ELIGIBLE NRL players and even then only in the eyes of the people who select the teams. Cowboys had half a dozen representatives but not their best player, Taumalolo, who is a proud Tongan, and therefore not available for selection. JAC was not there - he should have been one of the first picked, but he wasn't, mainly because Fittler is not a coach's fundamental orifice!

Clarification. Fittler is a fundamental orifice just not a coach's (pardon the terrible sentence construction).

Last edited:

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any future decent signings will be dependent on who our coach is, we won't be a chance of signing anyone till that is sorted

Last edited:

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't be surprised if the Roosters chase Munster and also keep Keary at 7. That would be an instant fix for the way they are at the moment and that's what Politis will want after this season. Surely we can outbid them though. If we and every other team allow them to get a spine of Tedesco, Munster, Keary and B.Smith when you look at our spine it's a f..king joke seriously.

We don't have one single player in the top 34 players for NSW or QLD. If we have this war chest for 2024 priority number one has to be to spend it to improve our spine and buy THE BEST player from those 34 NSW & QLD players which is probably Munster at the moment. If we want to be a serious contender this is a non negotiable MUST HAVE in my opinion. Whatever is bidded for Munster by other teams we need to make him an offer too good to refuse. We need to kiss and makeup with his manager Anasta unfortunately. Invite him to some training sessions. Anasta does have a passion still for our club. He wants us to improve.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are the best ELIGIBLE NRL players and even then only in the eyes of the people who select the teams. Cowboys had half a dozen representatives but not their best player, Taumalolo, who is a proud Tongan, and therefore not available for selection. JAC was not there - he should have been one of the first picked, but he wasn't, mainly because Fittler is not a coach's fundamental orifice!
but Tongans are eligible to play origin.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Looking through the SOO pdf I just posted, I am reminded of my days as a wage slave. Some of my colleagues made extensive use of a legendary device called the "simple issue complicator", usually in order to get out of doing any work. I am sure the NRL mean well, but it looks like they have got hold of the latest model of this machine.:smiley:

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any future decent signings will be dependent on who our coach is, we won't be a chance of signing anyone till that is sorted
We wont be signing quality players with Madge as coach

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I am pretty sure he represented New Zealand before Tonga which might be the reason he is ineligible.
no he is now eligible I’m pretty sure

he hasn’t played for néw Zealand for years

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If it wasn't for Burton we'd barely score 6 points a game. Luai's a good player. Luai and Cleary came through together and Luai has had a massive head start on Burton. 99% of people on here would tell you to get an uppercut suggesting Burton isn't a five-eighth, not sure why you've come at me with that. There's a reason why Burton's going to get an upgrade on his current deal.
Don’t get worked up mate. What you have been saying is 100%. Some people wouldn’t know what a good player is if it smacked them in the head.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We would have to pay Munster $1.6 a season for him to come here.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Get Braith Anasta to do us a favour and in return pay him for a "coaching gig".

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
We would have to pay Munster $1.6 a season for him to come here.
1.3, Storm's offer is less than 1m. I'm not worried about the Dolphins unless/until they start signing mercenaries on big money on 1 year deals. Munster's a 2024 signing, not 2023 (Dolphins struggling in recruitment, having to pay big money and long term contracts, they need to spend 95% of the salary cap on 2023).

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I am pretty sure this proves he is eligible
I am pretty sure this proves he is not.

According to Wikipedia, He came from NZ to Townsville when he was 13 - not before his 13th birthday! This means he just misses out on residency. But playing for NZ disqualifies him anyway. He has since dumped NZ in favour of Tonga, but that doesn't mean his games for NZ just disappear.

Philistine

Kennel Established
Reaction score
.....they need to spend 95% of the salary cap on 2023).
I'm not sure about this and I should like to hear from somebody who actually understands the rules.

From the NRL web site:

Since 2018 clubs have been required to spend at least 95 per cent of their salary cap each year and that rule is in place to guarantee player payments.

"95 per cent of their salary cap" could mean 95% of what they contracted to spend rather than 95% of $9.4M. This is the only reading that makes any sense to me, although looking for sense from the NRL is a bit like looking for the philosopher's stone. If the clubs have to spend 95% of $9.4M, this forces some clubs to spend overs on second rate players, and completely negates what the cap is supposed to be there for.