Official Gus on Twitter

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I had an unexpected chat with an ex-Bulldog premiership player through the week and what he told me was very interesting.

One point was that many ex players were very disappointed that Gus didn't show up at the ex player gathering prior to the Belmore game nor was he at the game I believe.

Let's just say that they are all watching Gus's next moves very closely and even though it's natural that not all ex players to see eye to eye or to like each other, many of them are convinced that Gus is not really one of them - or as he said "Not One Of Us".

Regarding his current position with us, the only one who can prove that he is the right man for this job is Gus & I hope to God he comes up with the goods.

(Don't ask me which ex player I spoke to because I will not give them up.)
I have heard those rumblings too but its just the same rumbling as the fans, it has weight because they are ex players who have watched us descend from a power house to pussies
All the ex players want the same person, Dymock.
Maybe he is his own sauce???.....
Ha ha maybe, just maybe

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanagan will be the coach next year , He's the only one that makes sense. The whole Fittler scenario is just a distraction orchestrated by yours truly the godfather gus.

He is a proven experienced coach thats won a gf and coaches a similar style that the dogs love to play. Im sure the dogs board have told flanagan to stay silent after his last interview and give nothing away.

Notice how Fox commentators are no longer pushing Flanagan for any of the coaching jobs now

He's the only coach that makes sense
NOPE

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I have heard those rumblings too but its just the same rumbling as the fans, it has weight because they are ex players who have watched us descend from a power house to pussies
All the ex players want the same person, Dymock.

Ha ha maybe, just maybe
Dymock has had several opportunities to step up to the head coaching role, with several clubs, and he just hasn't been able to land the job. What I have heard is he lacks the strategic thinking, medium term and long term, that is essential in a head coach. They have to be thinking not just about the next game, but the next 5 games, the season as a whole and 2 seasons past that. There is no doubt Dymock is good with the players, pushes those that need pushing, cuddles those that need cuddling, never mollycoddling. But strategically he may be lacking, or rather that is how he is perceived by those doing the recruiting.

Nothing in what I said above is me knocking Jimmy, he's a great guy, tough but fair and makes a great assistant coach.

Always a Bulldog

Last edited: