Do we go all in for Munster?

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will he end up here, being realistic, extremely doubtful at best. However, you have to have a seat at the table! Make someone pay BIG at least.

I don’t care who plays where, but any team with a half decent coach, and

Kikau
Mahoney
Pangai Jnr
Burton
JAC
AND MUNSTER will be there at the business end.

Throw in Vaughan for cheap, Kiraz, Schoupp, Alamoti, King and a few kids and we are looking better

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Will he end up here, being realistic, extremely doubtful at best. However, you have to have a seat at the table! Make someone pay BIG at least.

I don’t care who plays where, but any team with a half decent coach, and

Kikau
Mahoney
Pangai Jnr
Burton
JAC
AND MUNSTER will be there at the business end.

Throw in Vaughan for cheap, Kiraz, Schoupp, Alamoti, King and a few kids and we are looking better
This is already what we have. Imagine adding Munster. And we will still have room for one more big fish...

1. Jake Averillo
2. Jacob Kiraz
3. Aaaron Schoupp
4. Brandy Alamoti
5. Joshua Addo-Carr
6. Cameron Munster
7. Matt Burton (GK)
8. Tevita Pangai Jr.
9. Reed Mahoney
10. Paul Vaughan
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Raymond Faitala-Mariner
13. Kurt Morrin

14. Ryan Sutton
15. Max King
16. Chris Patolo
17. Josh Jackson (Limit minutes and let him play front row)

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
at this stage i'd rather upgrade burton a bit, buy taylan may to play right wing and have change to fill another position instead of 1.2m to munster. he's in career best form and better than burton no doubt but that is a fuckload of money for a bloke with noted behavioural issues
Burton isn't a half, doesn't go to the line, doesn't have a step to write home about, dare I say, if Burton could be taught fullback, fine, keep him, otherwise I'd be not upgrading him, and going ALL OUT for Munster. YES Munster has had behavioural issues in the past, dare I say, having a baby has made the man of him, he's no longer a child who does idiotic things. That said, his enthusiasm and competitiveness is Richter scale. He could be our Million $ player.
I'd shop TPJ to Dolphins and Thompson to Tigers, freeing up above average $ to go after Munster. Get him for 2024 Gus.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Burton isn't a half, doesn't go to the line, doesn't have a step to write home about, dare I say, if Burton could be taught fullback, fine, keep him, otherwise I'd be not upgrading him, and going ALL OUT for Munster. YES Munster has had behavioural issues in the past, dare I say, having a baby has made the man of him, he's no longer a child who does idiotic things. That said, his enthusiasm and competitiveness is Richter scale. He could be our Million $ player.
I'd shop TPJ to Dolphins and Thompson to Tigers, freeing up above average $ to go after Munster. Get him for 2024 Gus.

Jabba

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely our premiership window opens if we sign this guy. He's 27 and just entered his prime.

He's arguably the best player in the game at the moment, It's almost like JT or Lockyer getting pushed out in their prime. We'll be crazy not to be having serious discussions about signing him, especially when Burton is reported to be testing the Market.

If Burton stays, Thomo and Jackson's money will be available.
I believe he was offered to the club however he was rejected. Happy to be corrected

JORDZILLA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him the cheque book and a house in belmore

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
BURTON IS A 5/8. In fact hes the best statistical 5/8 in the NRL atm.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give him the cheque book and a house in belmore
LOL idk if a house in Belmore is a selling point. Perhaps, a house in the Cronulla area close to the beach like most the other NRL players choose to live.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
BURTON IS A 5/8. In fact hes the best statistical 5/8 in the NRL atm.
Burton v Luai
13 games - 12 games
3 tries - 6 tries
7 try assists - 8 try assists
5 line breaks - 5 line breaks
7 line break assists - 6 line break assists
33 tackle breaks - 32 tackle breaks
8 offloads - 14 offloads
2 40/20's - 0 40/20's

Burton's last 5 weeks stats wise has been very impressive, a massive uptick.

Burton's in the worst team in the NRL and Luai's in the best team in the NRL with the best strike back rower and decoy beside him...

Anyone criticising Burton or JAC, literally our 2 best players, has no idea.