Opinion Fittler as coach?

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be the main issue our board has in considering the next coach, is it possible that the club has made a rod for its own back by appointing Gus as G.M. of football.
I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the board meets.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What do you mean I am going to get upset..? I have been filthy for years now just in verying degrees. Obviously we cant get most of those coaches, (Bennety, Bellamy/Robinson but you asked who my preferred choice is. Shaun Wane is a gun SL coach who has said for a while he wanted to test himself down here, Flanagan is too Alpha for Gus to puppetee, Brown/Freddy and co are nowhere. If he wants a puppet I would prefer it be Potter with some new good assistants or maybe even give Dymock the shot he always wanted with JG/Ennis/Mason as assistants.
Maybe I should of phrased my question better. Instead of asking who would you prefer I should of asked who should we go after with the available coaches but you SORT of answered that in your last few lines

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So hard to find a decent Head Coach these days. To me it's more important to have good assistants, trainers and high performance coaches and the right recruited players. These are the things which make or break a coach no matter how good your head coach is.
We all agree that it's going to be hard to get right coach, thats why, we must not skimp on the assistants, for me the club should start with James Graham as forward coach, as for the others not so sure.
Even blind freedy sees, or (should see) that our players have regressed both the ones who have been promoted to in the top grade and most of the ones that have been bought, I don't think all the blame can be place at the feet of the coach, some of the blame must go to the assistants.
My prefered choice would be Ciraldo, (even though he is Rooky), he may not want to come, but if he was offered a 1 year deal with options, on big $ it might just get him over the line.
My reason for the a 1 year deal is that, looking at it from his prospective, 1 year at a struggling club like ours would not destroy his career.

Last edited:

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holbrook
Brown
Woolf/Wane/Some other untested SL coach
Madge if available

Rookie tier
Ciraldo
Soward

Nugget tier
Green
Henry

that should be what we are aiming for in order if we cant get Bellamy, Bennett or Robinson IMO.

Fuck Flanno, his son is a piss weak cuck who posts on here all day supporting the sex pest

I already tweeted the above to Gus, and yes he blocked me. Holbrook & Brown confirmed.
Hollbrook or Brown.. really?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Maybe I should of phrased my question better. Instead of asking who would you prefer I should of asked who should we go after with the available coaches but you SORT of answered that in your last few lines
Yeah, its kind of hard to talk about the club without being a little testy these days. I had a little hope when Barrett was moved on but the apparent righting off of the season and accepting another spoon just pisses me off to be honest and makes no sence.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, its kind of hard to talk about the club without being a little testy these days. I had a little hope when Barrett was moved on but the apparent righting off of the season and accepting another spoon just pisses me off to be honest and makes no sence.
Trust me, we're all salty mate. I'm actually more interested in who are the assistants and who is going to be in our team next year TBH. Cause that alone can help the coach immensely. With the limited amount of Head coaches available then it become absolutely paramount with nailing top assistants and player personnel.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Pay, Barrett, Cotric, Furner, Ferris, Flanagan, Waddles, Dufty, Raelene Castle, 6 years in the wilderness etc etc.. And before you remind me that they were not Gus calls, removing Barrett clearly was and this next call is absolutely critical. I just hope Gould is thinking the way he was when he tried to get Bennett to the Panthers and not hiring a patsy like Fittler.

He is on the big bucks and sitting on the throne, lets hope he doesnt fuck it up.
Enough said :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tonguewink: :tonguewink: :tonguewink: !!

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This might be the main issue our board has in considering the next coach, is it possible that the club has made a rod for its own back by appointing Gus as G.M. of football.
Forget working for Gus, can they handle us. They will get ripped apart within 5 games. Good luck to the successful sucker candidate.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Ive got no idea what they r thinking

Do we really want an inexperienced coach again? Do we have to go with a rookie? Is whats out there thats experienced not for us?

I dont want a pussy appointment like a Fitler either, so i have no idea where Gus is heading for this. I just know, 100% its not Flanno.

Probably end up with Potter long term lol

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Give yourself an uppercut. Slandering our players is disgusting. Grow up. Flanno has the runs on the board. He will get us fit and aggressive in D, and completely revamp our attack, just as he with the Sharks.
Good times would return with Flanno steering the goodship Bulldogs.
No other coach comes close. At the height of Cronullas prowess, Flanno was as good as Robinson and Bellamy. It's Flanno first daylight second. Why go with the rest when you can pick the best?
Bring him in for a chat on Friday please Gus. Forget Fittler, he's about to lose the SOO series, then nobody in their right mind would think he's up to NRL standard week in week out as a Coach.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
What if he brought us success? What if the players want him and would love to play for the current state of origin coach? I think he's a bit unorthodox, but let's see if it actually happens and give him a chance before writing him off before he even takes the reins. So many on here will be eating their words if he brings us some long awaited success.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Give yourself an uppercut. Slandering our players is disgusting. Grow up. Flanno has the runs on the board. He will get us fit and aggressive in D, and completely revamp our attack, just as he with the Sharks.
No other coach comes close. At the height of Cronullas prowess, Flanno was as good as Robinson and Bellamy. It's Flanno first daylight second. Why go with the rest when you can pick the best?
Bring him in for a chat on Friday please Gus. Forget Fittler, he's about to lose the SOO series, then nobody in their right mind would think he's up to NRL standard week in week out as a Coach.
What are you going on about you fuckin Wally? I was replying to @Cappuccino post were he suggested Holbrook or Brown..

What players am I slandering? Give yourself a head butt or 3 numbnutts.

Seriously, WTF are you waffling about?

Last edited:

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep rosters rule the game. Not many coaches have prolonged success outside robinson, bellamy and bennett.
They do, even the great Melbourne Storm got flogged without a fullback and halfback

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They continue to show us they are very below average until they change results fuck the players

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take it from someone who had him as a head coach, he would be a disaster. He may be able to stay focused for 3 games a year, but week to week he's a flipper head. Some of his explanations of our games at pressers when he was coach demonstrated he had no idea what he was talking about.

You'd be better off with Flano or even Maquire ahead of Fittler.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sheens comments yesterday about the need for the 2023 coach to be involved in retention n recruitment asap is something i hope the Dogs are taking seriously. I have no inside info but i am confident that they have already made their choice (not confident it will be the right choice).

Fittler would not be my choice unless he can show he can attract quality players and has incredibly strong assistants to do all the work.