Averillo - Finally Found His Spot

HFCFINANCE4LIFE

Waterboy
Reaction score
It all starts with the No 7.. It will be hard to look good if your forever trying to catch the ball in goal, defending more than attacking and not getting clean ball. Get the right 7, the forwards get rolling, you’re at least spending at least the same time if not more trying to score on the other end. Not to mention trying to play catch up constantly with errors and fatigue.
Hard to judge anyone when our controller would be lucky to play NSW cup in any other team.

Dogzzz of War

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your slamming me for saying that averillo played well tonight and has always showed potential
To sum up his game last night, he looked a lot better than he did at centre but fell way short of what we want and need in our long term fullback.
He looked good with ball in hand in the first half and made some errors. Second half he was nowhere.
saying he played better than Dufty is not accurate. Dufty did more in attack and also got us more yardage. They are both useless in the 1 percenters and positionally.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't say it's confirmed, but as Potter said, he was solid and he should get another shot next week. He showed enough to warrant persisting with him there.

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are you blaming Allan for that? It was a terrible pass.

I don’t think it’s too harsh, really. He deserves the criticism snd I hope Potter really gave it to him at halftime. Trying to get outside them was just plain dumb. Chances of if ending well were slim to non existent.

The Vaughan offload was bad, but not many teams are going to come back from 22-6. We have made a habit of starting games badly and Avo pulls two low low percentage plays like that. Both of which led to tries off the next set.

He should have been kicked off the team bus and made to get the train home.
If you can't see that KFC Allen gave up on the play then there is no use explaining it you.

And by the way Averillo was great chance of actually streaking away himself except for a committed and brilliant cover tackle from Kikau.

As I said Vaughn was the one that came up with a dumb and game changing play.

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Give him 4 games before judging him.

ATM, he appears to be a reserve grader but that can change if he is comfortable at 1.
I'll do it for you bro. 4 games.. come the 5th if he hasn't changed my mind I'm unleashing in the form of a new thread. That will show em

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Give him 4 games before judging him.

ATM, he appears to be a reserve grader but that can change if he is comfortable at 1.
Put it this way, if Jake was playing for Penrith last night Penrith still win and there's probably people making threads saying we should sign him lol

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still a better halfback than Flanagan, 71 touches of pure shit from him last night lol.It was refreshing seeing him attack the ball and try and turn defence into attack, was basically our only form of attack all game other than Burton's boot.
That he may be. But least with him at fullback he can utilise his best weapon which is his running game. Gus was impressed with him there. I felt like he actually wanted to run and get more involved at fullback and he saved a few tries by being in the correct spot and just putting his body on the line

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It all starts with the No 7.. It will be hard to look good if your forever trying to catch the ball in goal, defending more than attacking and not getting clean ball. Get the right 7, the forwards get rolling, you’re at least spending at least the same time if not more trying to score on the other end. Not to mention trying to play catch up constantly with errors and fatigue.
Hard to judge anyone when our controller would be lucky to play NSW cup in any other team.
All starts with the 9. If it starts slow then you’re fucked from the get go

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Daddy isn't responsible for others having wraps on Kyle though

There was absolutely nothing he did good last night. Everything was garbage
Agree, but being involved with JRL for years, you see it all the time, shitty sons get protected by dads who are decent coaches.