Payne Haas requests immediate release from Broncos

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will tell you how. Offer TPJ to Dolphins. Bennett has already said they will take up his salary, we can even contribute $50k pa of it, also find a Club for last year of Thompson. Contribute $150k of that if need be. That frees up $1.25m. Get Haas on a 3 year deal at $1m pa, that's his asking price. Done. In 2024 we have an additional $150k of Thompson money back plus the $575k of Jackson, so that's $975k to upgrade Burton if he works out plus buy a 7 if Flange doesn't improve enough under Dad.
Haas would be a key piece of our pack. A pack containing Haas, Kikau, Mahoney and backs of Burton and JAC would form the backbone of our competitive side. Add to that Schoup, Kiraz, RFM maybe....and development players.
TPJ, Thompson, Waddell, Stimpson, Allen, Dufty have been mistakes.
THE FUCK MAN? Silly move, not going to offer him to the dolphins, it’s a ridiculous idea.!!

TPJ has passion, he’s been one of our best all year.. and without him..NO WAY Haas is in the blue and white if he walks. END OF.!!

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Funny story, I saw Payne at a grocery store in Brisbane yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.

He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.

The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.

When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
LMAO. I don’t think he was being a knob. Assuming is accurate, I bet he doesn’t have any recollection of this.

Rod67

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those saying the Rorters are under salary cap pressure next year. Newsflash! They ain’t.

While we have TPJ the Rorters have TPA’s coming out of the Ying Yang. How do you think they won 2 premierships with a virtual rep squad. The “Godfather” gives, whoever they want, an offer to good to refuse.

Hell Barrett could make top 4 if he coached them.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
¹Smith looked pretty definite last year and whilst it could happen I'll believe it when I see it...not getting invested in this shit again :laughing:

Haas or Munster if we can only have one??

I(sometimes regretfully)get notifications from ZT..not saying the article is close to accurate(merely guesswork or an opinion)but the nummy who wrote an article about Haas named 5 possible destinations, we weren't one of them.
However old mate did name the Warriors LOL as one and also from left field the Sharks.
Roosters, Pilchards and Tits the other 3.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
For those saying the Rorters are under salary cap pressure next year. Newsflash! They ain’t.

While we have TPJ the Rorters have TPA’s coming out of the Ying Yang. How do you think they won 2 premierships with a virtual rep squad. The “Godfather” gives, whoever they want, an offer to good to refuse.

Hell Barrett could make top 4 if he coached them.
So what do you make of, "they can't register Crichtons contract because they don't have the cap space" than FFS

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Haas wants out because he believes he was dudded by his previous manager i think he would be great for the Dogs BUT if he wants out simply because he wants more money despite having a contract, regardless of ability, would he be a good fit or more trouble? Broncos were poor with him and TPJ together.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If Haas wants out because he believes he was dudded by his previous manager i think he would be great for the Dogs BUT if he wants out simply because he wants more money despite having a contract, regardless of ability, would he be a good fit or more trouble? Broncos were poor with him and TPJ together.
Broncos were poor because they had a shit spine, that's why they weren't winning games. Haas and TPJ were doing their jobs and the stats back that up.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Idk why he wants out only very few do but he wants to walk out on an upgraded 1mill x 5 year deal, so it maybe isn't about money.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Offer Thompson to the Broncos with some $$$ and get Haas here today.
Would love to keep both of them in a perfect world, with Thompson resigning on a lesser deal, but that's
Fkn lol

TPJ a mistake? He is our best performing forward.
He's good, but I wish we didn't pay more than 600k, under the cap at least

Malla

Reaction score
Hmm I wonder why Naden and Hetherington are being moved on immediately ?
Potentially Flanno and Topine based on reports. Flanno is dead wood, and Topine would be dissapointing (based on reports he is looking at a string in ESL) but yeah who knows if is related.

If we recruit someone like Haas, it's even more important we get a quality half. There is no way you can have a forward pack with TPJ, Haas and Kikau and a shit fuck wearing the 7