News Coaches like Cameron Ciraldo and Jason Ryles should stay well clear of Belmore

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL people forget that Pay quit hey?

' Dean Pay formally walked out on Canterbury on Tuesday, ending his two-and-a-half-year stint as coach of the NRL club. '
That's right because we didn't want to offer him a new deal so he quit during the season.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Just heard flanno will be our coach. Hopefully Kyle is in England.
I think Flanno is probably a pretty big turd. But he is hard nosed and orchestrated the rise of the Sharks to beat Melbourne in the 2016 grand final. That's a pretty massive achievement. He's probably the best option for us. No more rookie coaches.

Not sure what would happen with Kyle being coached by his father - I would hope he gets treated like all other players - picked only on form etc.

One of the big issues I had with Barrett is that he kept picking the same old out of form deadbeats

jordansaba

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
gus literally said he knows we need an experienced coach to fix this mess, relax we aren’t signing a rookie i would put my house on it

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is matthew johns a journalalist?
Bahaaaaaaaaa
Just read his drivel, how embarrassing.

what a bellend!

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if we snubbed Jack or Cooper Johns in the past?

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciraldo already said he doesn't want the job you stupid fuck.

How about you research facts instead of talking shit? Or even better, try improving your comedy on your unfunny show you twat.

You're lucky you're Andrews brother otherwise nobody would know you.
I think John's thinks he actually won a premiership when there was half a comp, didn't defeat the best teams as they were all in the super League comp.

Malla

Reaction score
That's right because we didn't want to offer him a new deal so he quit during the season.
Which is fair game hey? Like he signed a 3 year deal, he should not feel entitled to a new deal. We just wanted to go in a different direction and he spat the dummy and quit.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fuck Matthew johns. He should write the same article about Newcastle. Even fucken wayne Bennett couldn’t save that shit hole
He had an entire paragraph on it....

KLil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Like if you dont want them anyway.

Dogmonster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Guess what Matty Johns both your sons suck as bad as you did you smug dipshit.
We will never sign the 2 plodders ever.

InGusWeTrust

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What bullshit. So Pay's 33% is good why? In no reality is that high enough for any team, let alone one that is used to success like our's.

Another thing, it's not a job for a "Bulldogs boy" or "desperates". If the coach backs himself and gets the results, there will be zero issues. Pay did that, as did Trent. They both weren't good enough. We expect finals at minimum. If a coach doesn't believe they can achieve that, then don't bother applying. If they do apply, get the job and don't achieve it, seeya. It's not hard to grasp. Thank fuck we're not like a Knights or Warriors, or Tigers, who accept mediocrity year after year! It goes to show with how our finals drought not wven being that long. 5 years and it'll be 6 if we don't make them this season. Obviously it's shit, but put it in perspective. Knights for instance got 3 spoons in a row not too long ago. A spoon and no finals is terrible sure, but it's not like most of is have ever experienced it before, and that's why it's unreal for us. It has made me appreciate the 80s and 90s. We were spoiled up until 2015 tbh.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Flanno is probably a pretty big turd. But he is hard nosed and orchestrated the rise of the Sharks to beat Melbourne in the 2016 grand final. That's a pretty massive achievement. He's probably the best option for us. No more rookie coaches.

Not sure what would happen with Kyle being coached by his father - I would hope he gets treated like all other players - picked only on form etc.

One of the big issues I had with Barrett is that he kept picking the same old out of form deadbeats
Did he really keep picking the same old out of form deadbeats? Are you forgetting the halves changes over the first five rounds? Or Schoupp coming into the side after 3 rounds? We probably used more players than any other team over the first 10 rounds

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What bullshit. So Pay's 33% is good why? In no reality is that high enough for any team, let alone one that is used to success like our's.

Another thing, it's not a job for a "Bulldogs boy" or "desperates".

No this is a job for a chemist our players need some hormone replacement therapy.

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
The North Queensland Cowboys have had a few rough seasons but they are now showing signs that they have moved on from the Johnathan Thurston era and are ready to enter another successful period.
They’ve used a common formula, identify and nurture a group of talented youngsters and bring in some key signings to compliment them.

On top of that, Todd Payten has shown strength of character to absorb criticism and stick to the vision he has for this football team.

This I agree with and I think the next two weeks v Storm and Panthers back to back will be interesting.

I also think there are not many coaches out there willing to put up with Gus’s shit at all.