I hit up flanno sr on instagram

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My preference is probably flanno now, I want someone that can bring a top head of performance for nrl that’s going to get the team fit, so sick of being beaten by the 30 minute mark

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Flanno as head coach, Fitter as assistant would work.

Fitter can't do HC. his strange approaches may have worked in Origin, but not at club level. NSW have a super stacked side don't forget.
I am not advocating for Freddy to be the coach I just think he’s got a better chance of getting the job than most people think.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
He can have the job if his son isn't here.
IMO his son is the biggest red flag signing him.
I think you might be getting a bit obsessed on this.

Let's try this, you're a coach, you don't get paid as it's a volunteer position and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Maybe not, you are doing it for nothing so you've earned the right to keep picking him. Or maybe you do, he has to learn that you aren't going to save his arse every time.

Now think about it if you have been waiting for 4 years for the chance and are getting paid $500k plus a year and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Farkin hell yes, he's old enough to own his own shit.

Always a Bulldog

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I think you might be getting a bit obsessed on this.

Let's try this, you're a coach, you don't get paid as it's a volunteer position and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Maybe not, you are doing it for nothing so you've earned the right to keep picking him. Or maybe you do, he has to learn that you aren't going to save his arse every time.

Now think about it if you have been waiting for 4 years for the chance and are getting paid $500k plus a year and your son is stinking it up, do you drop him or not? Farkin hell yes, he's old enough to own his own shit.

Always a Bulldog
Obsessed? I just want flamingo off the team and out of our jersey.

Like I said, flamingo is his red flag. If he wasn't our player I would want Flanno coaching today.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My preference is probably flanno now, I want someone that can bring a top head of performance for nrl that’s going to get the team fit, so sick of being beaten by the 30 minute mark
We should get flanno remember how much he fought for the sharks with Aaron woods price ? He didn’t budge , I want a coach who is tough as nails

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
his relationship with Gus makes him probably fav unfortunately
I don't know about Fittler but Gould and SFlanagan are pretty tight, I have seen them a few times "catching up" and Gould did get him back from ESL as assistant to Stuart at the Chooks in 1998 and 1999.

Always a Bulldog

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
signing Flanagan for me would be as big as when we signed Hasler back in 2012. I'm ready to do anything to win, and so is Flanagan. His record also speaks for itself.
A lot of people thought exactly the same with the arrival of Hasler in 2012.... that ended really well hey!

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
A lot of people thought exactly the same with the arrival of Hasler in 2012.... that ended really well hey!
I’d take those days over these …. No doubt the end went sidewards with jrs and some choices. Though always in the 8 couple of grand finals (we lost sure) though better than fighting back to back tucking spoons

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I'd kill to have Des (and those rosters) back. He's the best coach we've had in my ~17 years of supporting the dogs. As people know I don't put as much blame on Des as I do on Castle and Dib for our demise. Flanagan is at the same level as Des imo. Do you actually realise how F'ing bad the last few years have been/now?

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
if by some miracle the boys aim up and we go on a run this year, great. avoid the spoon and do us fans proud. we know we’re not going to win the comp this year so it’s pretty much on to 23. use them remainder of this year working on our halves combo and utilising juniors to get used to FG - which is what should have been done in 22
This.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
He can have the job if his son isn't here.

IMO his son is the biggest red flag signing him.
Depends on if he picks him to play when there is a known better option. Then its an issue. Like Arthur playing his son at half when they had Brown fit. Right now you would play Flanagan whoever the coach is because we dont have a better option yet. Would be a problem if he put up with his son being ordinary and didnt seek another 7. But we are miles off that, no 7s to chase right now anyway. And who knows, some players improve when they play for a relative. Id like to see it. Besides all that im not close to laying our form at Flanagans feet. You cant really do that when most of the side is shit and the coach isnt good.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not advocating for Freddy to be the coach I just think he’s got a better chance of getting the job than most people think.
Yes I agree and he would attract high quality players and he may even convince Burton to re sign with us