Established
Mates with Gus

CONS

Flanno Jnr
Baggage
Hasn't coached in a while
Mates with Gus

Whoever it is I just want stability FFS
Pro great relationship with Gus. And he has been Coaching since 2004. He has not lost it.

If he gets the gig the first thing he is doing is sacking Ferris. And then flogging the players fitness wise. Might result in a few losses but once they come out of that month they will look a lot better for it.

Then they can start working on structure more.

Last edited:

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why do they compare us/Gus to Panthers with them thinking they're in a position of winning a premiership under Gus but not able to do it... we're the wooden spooners...

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Pro great relationship with Gus. And bed. Coaching since 2004. He hadn’t lost it.

If he gets the gig the first thing he is doing is sacking Ferris. And then flooding the players. Might result in a few losses but once they come out of that month they will look a lot better for it.

Then they can start working on structure more.
Sorry I don't follow...bed? Flooding?

No disrespect.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why do they compare us/Gus to Panthers with them thinking they're in a position of winning a premiership under Gus but not able to do it... we're the wooden spooners...
Because the dumb fucks have nothing and need to fill an hour slot with some shit.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I agree with utility mate. I think everyone just had an opinion on walters that he was a joke and for whatever reason it stuck. But he's shown that was unfair and he is actually a good coach
I don’t agree that he is a great coach. Lots of coaches get a run. But as soon as you Reynolds gets some niggling injury they will fall away. Winning provides confidence. But they won’t win in the finals. And next year watch them fall right back down the table. That’s just the sort of coach he is.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I get you.

I put friendship with Gus as both a pro and con.

It can be a great partnership or it could turn to shit with a clash of egos.
I like Flanagan cause he coaches that forward dominating game. That’s a bulldog way. Forwards decide who wins. Backs decide by how much. It will take him 18 months. Maybe less. But you only have to look at his record and see that he produces winning teams. And keeps them winning.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I like Flanagan cause he coaches that forward dominating game. That’s a bulldog way. Forwards decide who wins. Backs decide by how much. It will take him 18 months. Maybe less. But you only have to look at his record and see that he produces winning teams. And keeps them winning.
I have always loved that saying, beinging a prop in my playing day.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I have always loved that saying, beinging a prop in my playing day.
I guarantee the first thing if Flanagan gets the role is make the bulldogs play TPJ in the middle. That’s the exact type of player he likes. An offload but also can punch it straight. He will convince Vaughn to stay as well. Might see who he can offload Thompson to though.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When you have a spine at your disposal as he did .... anything less would have been a failure.
1. Ben Barba
6. Chad Townsend
7. James Maloney
9. Mick Ennis

and add to that a backline also consisting of;
2. Sosai Feki
3. Jack Bird
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Valentine Holmes

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I guarantee the first thing if Flanagan gets the role is make the bulldogs play TPJ in the middle. That’s the exact type of player he likes. An offload but also can punch it straight. He will convince Vaughn to stay as well. Might see who he can offload Thompson to though.
TPJ in the middle with Kikau next to him.... bash brothers.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
When you have a spine at your disposal as he did .... anything less would have been a failure.
1. Ben Barba
6. Chad Townsend
7. James Maloney
9. Mick Ennis

and add to that a backline also consisting of;
2. Sosai Feki
3. Jack Bird
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Valentine Holmes
Sharks
Pre Flanagan (Stuart)
2009 - 15th
2010 - 14th

Flanagan
2011 - 13th
2012 - 7th
2013 - 5th

Flanagan banned/suspended year
2014 - 16th (5 wins, no points)

Flanagan back
2015 - 6th
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 5th
2018 - 4th

You can't argue against this. They weren't the best team on paper when they won the comp in 2016. He also built the roster.

2144superman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sharks
Pre Flanagan (Stuart)
2009 - 15th
2010 - 14th

Flanagan
2011 - 13th
2012 - 7th
2013 - 5th

Flanagan banned year
2014 - 16th

Flanagan back
2015 - 6th
2016 - 3rd
2017 - 5th
2018 - 4th

You can't argue against this. They weren't the best team on paper when they won the comp in 2016. He also built the roster.
BRO WTF do you mean they weren't the best team on paper when they won? LOLLL they were absolute guns on paper

1. Ben Barba
2. Sosia Feki
3. Jack Bird
4. Ricky Leutele
5. Valentine Holmes
6. Chad Townsend
7, James Maloney
8. Andrew Fifita
9. Michael Ennis
10. Matt Prior
11. Luke Lewis
12. Wade Graham