POLL : Available Coaches and Coaching Records - Choose your poison.

Which coach would you like

• Shane Flanagan

Votes: 118 53.6%
  • Josh Morris

Votes: 13 5.9%
  • Cameron Ciraldo

Votes: 21 9.5%
  • Paul Green

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • ASSASSIN

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Other.....

Votes: 26 11.8%
  • Grunthos

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters

cuzza

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Last week when they showed Gus in the box he was with peter sharp anything there?

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are a rich club, throw $2,000,000 a season at Trent Robinson.
Second best coach in the completion and is young.

He is loyal to uncle Nick but everyone has a price, at worse we would force the roosters to spend some cash to keep him.
Bit of luck he takes the cash and builds us to a force again.
$2 M is only pocket money for uncle Nick.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Bellamy hasn't confirmed to Storm that he'd be coaching past this season. Could we throw stupid money at Bellamy for 2 years, he comes in, establishes systems and he identifies an almost ready understudy to learn the ropes from him who then takes over after 2 seasons. Bellamy has identified he's looking to retire, but everyone has a price and in 2 seasons he could turn us around and establish a winning culture. I know for a fact Bellamy keeps deferring his decision at Storm.
If not then grab Flanno before Dragons or Tigers do.
Burton would undoubtedly stay to play under Bellamy or Flanno.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We NEED a proven NRL standard halfback, if we sign Flange Snr what are we going to do about Flange Jnr?
Not really. Roosters proved that you can make it work when Keary and Teddy were running the show when Flanno was there. We just need to get a gun fullback and retain Burton and we will improve imo.

Curash

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I want Flanagan

I want Danks

These softcocks need a good wake up call

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dateline Belmore and Grunthos throw's his hat into the arena!
Grunthos, a seasoned coach, has shown interest in taking command of the floundering bulldog's team.
I have 20+ years as a rugby and league coach from minis to seniors at school and local club level, my teams have appeared in five grand finals and won three and my graded teams have NEVER missed a finals series and I believe I have the plan to bring the mighty dogs back to grand-final contention!
As well-credentialed as coach Grunthos is he won't come cheap, weighing up some surprising six-figure offers from other top-ranked League and Rugby teams both here and abroad all clamoring for his services.
Gus Gould had better have deep pockets to snag the maestro!

Last edited:

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
X2 , we need to pull the trigger. He will make his son pull finger too. So it’s a win win and yes more wins as Shane knows how to get a team to WIN.. wow lots of wins coming haha.!! Let’s just do it. Can’t hurt at all..!!

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People are forgetting that Bellamy hasn't confirmed to Storm that he'd be coaching past this season. Could we throw stupid money at Bellamy for 2 years, he comes in, establishes systems and he identifies an almost ready understudy to learn the ropes from him who then takes over after 2 seasons. Bellamy has identified he's looking to retire, but everyone has a price and in 2 seasons he could turn us around and establish a winning culture. I know for a fact Bellamy keeps deferring his decision at Storm.
Never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sence, Bellamy would make a lot of money in 2 years with us so even if he was to fail he could then move on and retire peacefully. After all with our recent record if any future coach was to fail at our club it would not be shamefull for him. However if he was to make our club successfull again he could retire as the greatest coach ever.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never thought of it that way, but it makes a lot of sence, Bellamy would make a lot of money in 2 years with us so even if he was to fail he could then move on and retire peacefully. After all with our recent record if any future coach was to fail at our club it would not be shamefull for him. However if he was to make our club successfull again he could retire as the greatest coach ever.
and he could bring munny with him

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Does Flanagan work at 2GB ?
I saw someone on Facebook state they think Flanno already has the job and he left his position at 2GB.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
There isn't a lot of talent available but what about Brian Smith.

He never won a grand final but has a great record of going to clubs and getting rid of dead wood and building them up to be a force again.
Let him get us back to the top again until while we take our time finding that coach who can take a top 4 side to a premiership.
He'd have to be pushing 70 years old now. I wouldn't risk it.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dateline Belmore and Grunthos throw's his hat into the arena!
Grunthos, a seasoned coach, has shown interest in taking command of the floundering bulldog's team.
I have 20+ years as a rugby and league coach from minis to seniors at school and local club level, my teams have appeared in five grand finals and won three and my graded teams have NEVER missed a finals series and I believe I have the plan to bring the mighty dogs back to grand-final contention!
As well-credentialed as coach Grunthos is he won't come cheap, weighing up some surprising six-figure offers from other top-ranked League and Rugby teams both here and abroad all clamoring for his services.
Gus Gould had better have deep pockets to snag the maestro!
Fuck me did u type this up on my mums iphone? Ive seen smaller font on a billboard

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Don't know if many remember but there was a rumour preseason. That Gus was going to make a massive move for Bellamy.

Might be true, might be BS. Time will tell.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bellamy has the chance to win a premiership every year at Storm until he chooses to retire, he will not give that up and risk his legacy for a shot at getting us to finish 8th

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
He's contracted to Storm, it's just he can decide whether he's coach or not, if not coaching he moves to a higher up role.

Reactions: TAS

dogzofwar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t know if it’s wise taking on ciraldo he is unproven as a head coach Barrett was in the same position before he came over just because the panthers are doing well dosent mean ciraldo has anything to do with it Baz is a perfect example of it had no fucking clue

battered sav

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The positive for Ciraldo is his relationship with expanther players.
The negative for Flannagan is his relationship with his son.
This whole situation is a stinking pile.
What a waste.
Regardless I will tip the Dogs to win on Friday.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Tempted by the assassin option, he'd get their asses moving. But Flannagan has to be best option by far