News Burton's Future Clouded As Barrett Exit Nears

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Let's be honest no club except the Dolphins will be able to match our $. It will all depend on lifestyle, if he's homesick and if his mate Naden is still with us imo.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don't read anything into these stories.. It's just an easy headline for them at the moment but there's probably little to no truth behind it. I'm sure Burton isn't in a hurry to make a decision and Gus will make him a priority.
First problem is..ppl keep posting this shit. Lol

As you said he will be on the radar, now is not the time for an upgrade anyway don't disagree that he doesn't really deserve one right now.
NO rush, relax worriers...

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
First problem is..ppl keep posting this shit. Lol

As you said he will be on the radar, now is not the time for an upgrade anyway don't disagree that he doesn't really deserve one right now.
NO rush, relax worriers...
The other thing is it's clearly a nothing, speculative article they had ready for when Baz was fired. Burton hasn't said anything or made it seem like he wants to leave, yet half the fans want to attack him because of some bullshit story that has no truth to it. I really don't understand the hate this kid gets.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Imagine turning against a player because of a speculative media report based on a journalist’s opinion.
It's disgusting.

Especially when it's only he and JAC actually trying to win.

People shout "Fuck The media" while swallowing every chunk of shit they call "news".

Last edited:

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
The other thing is it's clearly a nothing, speculative article they had ready for when Baz was fired. Burton hasn't said anything or made it seem like he wants to leave, yet half the fans want to attack him because of some bullshit story that has no truth to it. I really don't understand the hate this kid gets.
Talks started last Monday about his upgrade which was ALWAYS going to happen.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It's disgusting.

Especially when it's only he and JAC actually trying to win.
Exactly bro. I thought our fanbase was smarter than that and at least appreciated players that give their all. Burton and Fox have done that and still people hammer him.

Burton and Fox are the last players that deserve to get criticised at the moment.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Exactly bro. I thought our fanbase was smarter than that and at least appreciated players that give their all. Burton and Fox have done that and still people hammer him.

Burton and Fox are the last players that deserve to get criticised at the moment.
If "fans" expected Burton to get us in the 8 by themselves have NO FUCKING IDEA about football.

The same fuckers will probably death ride the next coach because we won't finish minor premiers this year.

Malla

Reaction score
He hasn’t exactly set the world on fire lol