Buying a new Lawnmower SUCKS

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Our petrol mower is dying so was thinking about getting an Ozito power mower. I have an 18v Ozito line trimmer and it's great.
I have the Ozito X mower, does the job well. Plus has 5 year return guarantee.

PS make sure it's the red Ozito X, not the normal Ozito.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why would you buy a petrol mower for a suburban backyard in 2022?

My caveat: don't go too cheap if your yard is a bit on the tough or large side. Tbh, I don't think the Bunnings home brand (ozito) would cut it in the long run. My mother has a ozoto lime trimmer and last weekend it took 2.5 charges to finish the job (she has a lot of edges).

I've started making all of my gardening tools Ryobi so can interchange the batteries.
WTFFFF?? What sort of man uses an electric lawn mower???

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
WTFFFF?? What sort of man uses an electric lawn mower???
One that doesn't want to fuck about with petrol, oil, servicing etc.

Why bother when there's a much easier alternative that, for about 90% of situations does the same job?

Last edited:

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have the Ozito X mower, does the job well. Plus has 5 year return guarantee.

PS make sure it's the red Ozito X, not the normal Ozito.
I have an Ozito Whipper snipper but only a small lawn, so no idea how it would handle a bigger job (my mother's didn't last too long when I used it recently on a fairly large and out of control lawn).

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Have a Ryobi cordless 36V battery powered 46cm and love it. Much lighter than petrol which is great for a multi tiered backyard. No messing round and starts first time every time.

You'll get 45 min on a full battery. Because the battery is relatively expensive, bought the corresponding 36V trimmer which also comes with the same battery. Having both easily gets me through a 550m block with plenty of spare battery power.
Mines a narrower version but I don't need I as have a smaller yard. If I had a big yard I'd want as big a radio's cutting blade a possible).

Only drawback I see of the battery powered ones is that they will lack a bit of grunt if you have let the lawn get a bit out of control, but that only ever really happens once or twice a year for me after a prolonged rain period.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have an Ozito Whipper snipper but only a small lawn, so no idea how it would handle a bigger job (my mother's didn't last too long when I used it recently on a fairly large and out of control lawn).
The one with the red blades or the one with the trimmer line feed?

I have both. The one with the red blades is useless on anything big.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
The one with the red blades or the one with the trimmer line feed?

I have both. The one with the red blades is useless on anything big.
I'm getting a d-erection reading two dudes having a conversation about electric gardening gear. FFS @CroydonDog - we use petrol gear because we burn shit in it. Guys love to burn shit. its primordial - goes back to when we were hunter gatherers.

Don't disrespect your ancestors. Burn fuel.