Official Newcastle withdraw three-year extension freeing Kalyn Ponga to sign with Dolphins

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yep. Don't know if that's a good or bad thing for us.
Agree, bit of a mystery but I do think Anasta likes the Dogs…his fondest memories are surely at the club… he’s giving them sh!t because he’s mates with Shane Flanagan whom he works with & his son was given a bit of a bum steer early on - I think we will make a strong play for Munster, he’d be a terrific foil for Burton, you could play them either side of the ruck which takes the focus off Burton.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
To be fair to Ponga, he didnt really get a chance to develop in a team with established stars, he went straight to the wooden spooners and had expectations to deliver from day one.

On current form, he isn't worth 1 million.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair to Ponga, he didnt really get a chance to develop in a team with established stars, he went straight to the wooden spooners and had expectations to deliver from day one.

On current form, he isn't worth 1 million.
He isn’t at present. Under Bennett, he’d simplify he’s game, and he’d be a genuine superstar in no time.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Ponga is overrated, he does one good thing a season and goes missing the rest. Anyone would be stupid to spend that coin on a lazy player.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't trust any of these stories. It wouldn't surprise me if he stays at Newcastle but I think he ends up at the Dolphins.

Ponga is massively overrated but he was great yesterday. Unfortunately he doesn't have games like that often enough to justify the price tag and hype. Especially not against the better teams.

Philmus

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
With any luck, there’s a swap deal being negotiated: $800k Thompson > Storm / $1M Munster > Bulldogs - Bulldogs tipping in 200k - equivalent of buying Munster for $400k
any truth to this or just hoping?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Musn't be happy at the Knights, sometimes you gotta take a pay cut so the club can surround you with other talent to keep the place successful.