What has to change to turn this club around?

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
With Kikau and Mahoney in 2023 that'll solve a couple of problems we have.
We really need another strike player for the right edge, be it a centre or edge back rower, we just don't seem to have anyone that can run a decent line.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coach does have to shoulder most of the blame given the amount of time he’s had and how we are playing.
It makes you wonder what a coach like Bellamy could do if given this side we have right now. I think he could get this side in the 8...at least winning 50%

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I'm honestly not too concerned, but rather frustrated.

We have gun duumy half and genuine edge back rower coming. Both world class.

My concern for next year is who will be our 1, 3, 4 & 13. If we can cover these we will be contenders.

Now why a 1? As good as Dufty can attack, we need a 1 who can defend. He can't. A good fullback would have saved at least 2 of those tries today

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I’ve been reading a lot of posts calling for us to piss JJ off and I hate to admit this but I think they are right. Been watching him closely this season and he just is nowhere near the player he used to be and he often stifles our attack by getting in the way, Jackson used to be a great line runner back in the day but hasn’t shown that for a number of years now and I honestly think him being the captain is a poor option because he simply does not inspire the team with his words and every great captain needs to be a great talker and Jackson just isn’t. I’m jumping on the sack Baz train too because it’s very clear that he just cant coach period!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's just the same BS year after year. Seriously what will it take?
Honestly, I couldn't give a damn. I've had too many disappointments, season after season.

Every year we're promised improvement, and every year we see the same shit over and over again. It's not even an hour since the game ended, and I can't even get angry any more. It's like stepping in dog shit - upsetting at the time, but quickly forgotten once it is scraped off.

I just can't find the enthusiasm to wear the colours or even tell people which team I follow. They are beyond supporting, and beyond saving.
The best that could happen would be to kick them out of the NRL, and give the fans back their lives.

They will not win another game this season.

Burton and Ado Carr will be seeking an out from their contracts before the year is out. They are too good to deserve the Bulldogs.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
With Kikau and Mahoney in 2023 that'll solve a couple of problems we have.
We really need another strike player for the right edge, be it a centre or edge back rower, we just don't seem to have anyone that can run a decent line.
In current attacking structure Kikau won't change anything... Hoping Mahoney can be the catalyst for change

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, I couldn't give a damn. I've had too many disappointments, season after season.

Every year we're promised improvement, and every year we see the same shit over and over again. It's not even an hour since the game ended, and I can't even get angry any more. It's like stepping in dog shit - upsetting at the time, but quickly forgotten once it is scraped off.

I just can't find the enthusiasm to wear the colours or even tell people which team I follow. They are beyond supporting, and beyond saving.
The best that could happen would be to kick them out of the NRL, and give the fans back their lives.

They will not win another game this season.

Burton and Ado Carr will be seeking an out from their contracts before the year is out. They are too good to deserve the Bulldogs.
I gave up about halfway through des last season found other interests that were less stressful

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In current attacking structure Kikau won't change anything... Hoping Mahoney can be the catalyst for change
From what I've seen in Mahoney he'll definitely make a huge difference.
Picks his times to run well, good kicking game and great service.
Jackson shouldn't be ball playing next year, just split the halves, give them good ball and have the fullback floating in attack.

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sometimes I do not admit it.
But sometimes my head tells me I should give up on the dogs as I'm sick to death of following a shit team that nomatter how many players we purchase. They play worse and the team goes backwards year after year.
While my heart will always be with the bulldogs.

Who else is with me?

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
1.JAC
2.Naden
3.Lumelume
4.Averiilo
5.Allen
6.Burton
7.Flannagon
8.Thompson captain
9.Cook
10.Vaughn
11.Wadell
12.king
13.TPJ
14.BBO
15.Jackson
16.Hoffman
17.Ava
Jmk dump
Dufty dump
Wakeham dump

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The coach does have to shoulder most of the blame given the amount of time he’s had and how we are playing.
It makes you wonder what a coach like Bellamy could do if given this side we have right now. I think he could get this side in the 8...at least winning 50%
Bellamy would make us one of if not the fittest teams in the comp.

This current team fatigues after 30mins then it all goes down hill from there. I also believe Bellamy would limit Jackson's & JMK's minutes which would make them more effective in shorter stints.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can’t buy culture you have to build it, right now we have a losers culture, you can bring in winners but if you don’t build the culture up they will just become losers. that’s what’s happening, we bring new players in and they get infected with the loser mentality

also we are really bad at over rating average players, JAC is our only class signing Burton is unproven and all of our other recruits are rejects that were unwanted at their old clubs