Opinion Change up for round 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you were doing well til the Cook bit..apparently is average and was worse on Sunday this is why JMK plays there aren't any fucking better options..Maybe Cook as our 14 but he doesn't offer much or any versatility..idk about him at all.
Agree give Allan a go he can't be worse than Mr Burns.Wakeham back to reserve grade as said but BBO stays at 7 there to develop.
The thing with Cook is he is a genuine dummy half not a make shift like jmk, if cook can save us a second or 2 in attack by passing from the ground then that's already an improvement. I watched 2 of our nsw cup games and he was solid in both, just does his Job and nothing more. It's worth giving him a go off the bench at least, we got nothing to lose

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
One letter make a big difference
I just hate to see Avo getting replaced by Avo, can you imagine the confusion on the sideline :tearsofjoy:
Actually, I wouldn't mind TPJ getting replaced with TPJ lol

Bulldogsteve

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The thing with Cook is he is a genuine dummy half not a make shift like jmk, if cook can save us a second or 2 in attack by passing from the ground then that's already an improvement. I watched 2 of our nsw cup games and he was solid in both, just does his Job and nothing more. It's worth giving him a go off the bench at least, we got nothing to lose
Why the fuck is he is a genuine hooker? Because he has played there for a few years
This is most stupid and over used term on the kennel

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hear what your saying mate I do, Brad Dietz looked a genuine hooker too, but it's a big leap to FG.His stats from last Sunday include 10 missed tackles so he won't get a gig on those numbers alone I'm afraid.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only thing JMK brings is his defence. He tackles his ass off. Cooks defence in NSW Cup is soft. He can’t tackle at all.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Burns
4. Averillo
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Stimson
12. TPJ
13. JMK

14. BBO
15. Jackson
16. Ava
17. King
18. Lume

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never ever suggest Okunbor again. Unless there is an injury there’s no way. Only thing this guy can offer is hard runs off our line. Other than that positionally he’s a liability

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Dufty
2. Naden
3. Schoupp
4. Averillo
5. JAC
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
8. Thompson
9. Cook
10. Vaughan
11. Stimson
12. TPJ
13. King
14. Wakeham
15. Jackson
16. Ava
17. Patolo
18. Burns
Our backrow depth has been brutal past couple of seasons with so many season ending injuries to rfm, stimson, doorey, hetherington
Schoupp is a shit defender and slow. He can’t read the attack coming his way.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Never ever suggest Okunbor again. Unless there is an injury there’s no way. Only thing this guy can offer is hard runs off our line. Other than that positionally he’s a liability
So basically he is the same as burns, except Okunbor makes metres when we need them

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
I hear what your saying mate I do, Brad Dietz looked a genuine hooker too, but it's a big leap to FG.His stats from last Sunday include 10 missed tackles so he won't get a gig on those numbers alone I'm afraid.
I thought Cook was named in the 2nd row last week?

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okenbur should never see 1st grade again, Schoup to centre with Avo. Either burns or nadan to wing...most likely nadan. I wouldnt change much else. Dufty is on notice. If the bloke fuck's up his 1st 2 or 3 interactions with ball he drops his bundle completely. Surely we have someone who can change his mentality. The other issue is we are so used to one out plays no one is pushing up ever...particularly noticeable in the centre third.
Disagree with you about Jayden Okunbour. We dumped him to reserve grade due to defensive issues, however these defensive issues have continued since he was demoted. Not saying he is great defensively and I don't think he is a natural winger , but he does offer more in attack

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think never again for Okenbur is a bit tough, also Avo at centre for me is a complete player/position mismatch. Dufty on notice is a bit premature. He's been our best attacking weapon since round 1 and his dropped ball yesterday was redeemed by later perfect "interactions". If we have someone who can change his mentality they may as well work on the rest of the team as well - I think straws are being clutched here !
You might want to point out where Dufty's "perfect" interactions later in the game were because I think, by then, you had consumed too many sherbets. As for Okenbur he has had 30 games to prove that he is a 1st grader & he isnt.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its not just his missed tackles - the ineffective tackles where the attacking player just carries him is a worry as well - last Sunday was his worst game - the period of time Marvoni T was on the field the forwards were scrambling to cover for him which would have made it extra difficult for cook

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We recruited supposedly awesome in all positions baring the major spine ones ,but noticeably we are getting burnt at 9 and 13 service simply horse shit,but coach has blinkers on

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Its not just his missed tackles - the ineffective tackles where the attacking player just carries him is a worry as well - last Sunday was his worst game - the period of time Marvoni T was on the field the forwards were scrambling to cover for him which would have made it extra difficult for cook
I've seen his 20 minutes in the trial and read mixed reports since...
If he is doing well he deserves a chance, if not BBO has to be in the 9 Jersey and JMK on the bench in 14.
We definitely need to move on from JMK starting at 9, He is crippling the attack !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.