Australia cricket legend and the greatest leg-spinner of all-time, Shane Warne, has died, aged 52

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Did not know at all how good a golfer he was, went round St Andrews in the UK even par to the card, Sam Newman saying he was the only golfer of any ilk to ever ace the 16th at Augusta National golf course with the pin placement top right of the green etc etc.

I'll be watching some of the specials on Kayo might wait til Thursday prior to watching Manly v Penrith.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah the vax. Wait where was he when he died? But nooo lets be brain dead fucks and blame the vax. Fucking morons.

Warney was partying the way Warney knew how
100% could have died from the vaxx,
Could have died from covid fucking the heart. Could have died from being overweight and smoking, could have died because of genetics which no cardiologist can stop, could have died on the blue pills fucking
Three Thai sloots. Who knows. Fuck anyone using an agenda

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I agree, it happens all the time..was 100% clean re drugs and always said he hated them.
Anyone see Ricky Ponting's interview, he broke down it was touching man he clearly loved Warnie.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A mate of mine about 4 weeks ago told me he was offered Warneys book to read from another mate.

He said he told him, “ what the fuck do I need to read that for? I watched him from the ball of the century until wicket 700, I saw his whole career”

My thoughts exactly. Really nice tribute tonight and it struck me that it was a way bigger deal than when the Don died. Incredible outpouring by Australia.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
A mate of mine about 4 weeks ago told me he was offered Warneys book to read from another mate.

He said he told him, “ what the fuck do I need to read that for? I watched him from the ball of the century until wicket 700, I saw his whole career”

My thoughts exactly. Really nice tribute tonight and it struck me that it was a way bigger deal than when the Don died. Incredible outpouring by Australia.
you wont see a better leg spinner is history. i remember going to the cricket and everyone just wanted to see warney, the effect he had on people is unimaginable.
even people who didnt know cricket knew warne, my niece who is 21 messaged me early in the morning when he died in shock, she never watched a ball he bowled in her life. he had that effect on people.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Really nice tribute tonight and it struck me that it was a way bigger deal than when the Don died. Incredible outpouring by Australia.
Probably because he was so young and his career didn’t finish that long ago vs The Don who died an old man and also so much more footage of Warnies career so many more can identify with his feats.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Probably because he was so young and his career didn’t finish that long ago vs The Don who died an old man and also so much more footage of Warnies career so many more can identify with his feats.
and also the Don unfortunately wasnt liked off the field, apparently he was a real arsehole, which is a shame.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
and also the Don unfortunately wasnt liked off the field, apparently he was a real arsehole, which is a shame.
Sure, but I can’t find any sportsman in history that was statistically almost double the next best, except for the Don. That what is mind blowing about Warney. He was so revered…

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve heard that. I have a colleague born in Pakistan but has lived in the US for 30 years. Deadset cricket tragic - an encyclopaedia of cricket. I took him to an Ashes Test at the SCG 4 years ago and he nearly cried as it was his dream to see an Ashes Test in Australia (he’d done it in England). He was so committed he caught the train to Bowral on the same trip so he could visit the Bradman Museum. I came in later in the day to drive him back to Sydney and the bloke working at the museum that day (all the staff have better than average Don knowledge) said ‘this fella knows more than me!’. We ended up having a beer with the museum guy when they closed and he said ‘We don’t really say this at the museum, but Don had a pretty bad reputation outside cricket - he was known to treat people pretty badly at times’. I think he was being diplomatic but it’s apparently true.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Sure, but I can’t find any sportsman in history that was statistically almost double the next best, except for the Don. That what is mind blowing about Warney. He was so revered…
yeh he was a freak, he changed the game for a spinner, thats how he will be remembered, everyone wanted to be like him

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve heard that. I have a colleague born in Pakistan but has lived in the US for 30 years. Deadset cricket tragic - an encyclopaedia of cricket. I took him to an Ashes Test at the SCG 4 years ago and he nearly cried as it was his dream to see an Ashes Test in Australia (he’d done it in England). He was so committed he caught the train to Bowral on the same trip so he could visit the Bradman Museum. I came in later in the day to drive him back to Sydney and the bloke working at the museum that day (all the staff have better than average Don knowledge) said ‘this fella knows more than me!’. We ended up having a beer with the museum guy when they closed and he said ‘We don’t really say this at the museum, but Don had a pretty bad reputation outside cricket - he was known to treat people pretty badly at times’. I think he was being diplomatic but it’s apparently true.
unfortunately yes, alot the older players talk about it today still. But still the greatest ever