Right Backrower = Jackson Topine
Left Backrower = Corey Waddell
Lock= Max King

Brandon Wakeham
Josh Jackson
Paul Vaughan
Ava Seumanufagai

Jake Averillo

Wakeham, Averillo & Flanagan are not the answer at halfback long term and with Reed Mahoney joining in 2023 we need to know if BBO has a role in the future. Give him a shot at halfback and let's see what he can do.

If anyone from the back 5 doesn't play then Averillo comes straight in.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Sad thing is most of us aren't coaches just love our footy and we see it but yet tbaz don't it's not that fucking hard to see .
Tbf most on here were jerking off over Naden/JAC combo during pre season, funny how quickly they change their minds.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
It should be:

Fullback = Matt Dufty
Right Wing = Brent Naden
Right Centre = Braidon Burns
Left Centre = Aaron Schoupp
Left Wing = Josh Addo-Carr
Five-Eighth = Matt Burton
Halfback = Bailey Biondi-Odo
Prop = Luke Thompson
Hooker = Josh Cook
Prop = Tevita Pangai Junior
Right Backrower = Jackson Topine
Left Backrower = Corey Waddell
Lock= Max King

Brandon Wakeham
Josh Jackson
Paul Vaughan
Ava Seumanufagai

Jake Averillo

Wakeham, Averillo & Flanagan are not the answer at halfback long term and with Reed Mahoney joining in 2023 we need to know if BBO has a role in the future. Give him a shot at halfback and let's see what he can do.

If anyone from the back 5 doesn't play then Averillo comes straight in.
BBO ain't doing shit now, on a hiding to nothing if he starts. Just let him play reserve grade develop.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Averillo would be better than Naden at centre in attack...but not in defence. We have leaked 0 tries down their side from memory so Naden and Addo and Burton have a solid connection in defence. Wouldn't change that.

Likewise our other centre and wing pairing have scored all our tries basically except have also leaked all tries. I'd keep it as is.

Unlike Averillo Wakeman played on both sides of the field which is encouraging. Need Burton to do likewise.

To all those wanting changes...this is our best team. Like some have said only change that makes some sense is Averillo in for BBO to give BBo longer mins in NSW cup.

I also would make a positional change with TPJ at lock and Jackson in second row.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
BBO ain't doing shit now, on a hiding to nothing if he starts. Just let him play reserve grade develop.
He would do a better job than Averillo that's for sure.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad thing is most of us aren't coaches just love our footy and we see it but yet tbaz don't it's not that fucking hard to see .
Unfortunately I think it’s more likely that Barrett was looking at coaxing Naden to follow him. Naden said I want to play centre. Now he doesn’t have the guts to change that.

Problem with Naden is he is a left sided player. If he was to switch to the wing I think JAC would need to go right. Which he has played at Origin level very well.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Unfortunately I think it’s more likely that Barrett was looking at coaxing Naden to follow him. Naden said I want to play centre. Now he doesn’t have the guts to change that.

Problem with Naden is he is a left sided player. If he was to switch to the wing I think JAC would need to go right. Which he has played at Origin level very well.
Played mostly on the right for Panthers.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also I'm always hopeful for a win no matter who we play.

Going of past seasons yes we will get smashed but this is a new year and new team.

I hope Addo Carr has a massive game .... Surely it's his time to finally show us what he can do. Hat trick from him coming right up. If it's wet it will suit us.. we have surely been prepared from previous games for it.

Burton to Coates will be fun - he is known to drop a few ... got to play dirty against the storm. Play their game and hold onto posession.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Averillo would be better than Naden at centre in attack...but not in defence. We have leaked 0 tries down their side from memory so Naden and Addo and Burton have a solid connection in defence. Wouldn't change that.

Likewise our other centre and wing pairing have scored all our tries basically except have also leaked all tries. I'd keep it as is.

Unlike Averillo Wakeman played on both sides of the field which is encouraging. Need Burton to do likewise.

To all those wanting changes...this is our best team. Like some have said only change that makes some sense is Averillo in for BBO to give BBo longer mins in NSW cup.

I also would make a positional change with TPJ at lock and Jackson in second row.
There is no solid defensive combo, it's just JAC baby sitting everyone on that edge. They've missed plenty of tackles, conceded heaps of momentum...difference is they have JAC covering all that space on the outside and screaming at them.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tbf most on here were jerking off over Naden/JAC combo during pre season, funny how quickly they change their minds.
Till we figured out he can't pass a fucking ball hahahahaha do you no what the most funniest thing is i seen a comment on Facebook from one of his relatives and the direct response from this person was im related to him he can't pass the ball he is a winger he is fucking up all my muilts not passing it to the fox hahahahha I found it quite amusing

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Till we figured out he can't pass a fucking ball hahahahaha do you no what the most funniest thing is i seen a comment on Facebook from one of his relatives and the direct response from this person was im related to him he can't pass the ball he is a winger he is fucking up all my muilts not passing it to the fox hahahahha I found it quite amusing
Didn't need to figure it out, was clear as day from his time at Penrith lol. Doesn't have the mindset to play centre, the thought of creating space and getting the ball to his outside made just doesn't enter his head and if it does it's way too late.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
There is no solid defensive combo, it's just JAC baby sitting everyone on that edge. They've missed plenty of tackles, conceded heaps of momentum...difference is they have JAC covering all that space on the outside and screaming at them.
in nadens defence, most of the wingers tries come from the 6 or 1 hitting the winger. Burton hasnt cut out naden or had fox in space in 3 games. I think that is the issue here, they need to create space and overlaps for the fox to take advantage off

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I remember that game a few years back I think it was okunbors debut he ran over cam smith… we almost beat them I think the score was 18 16 in Melbourne

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are we still the only team with a winning record against them?

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
All i want is averillo back, burns to centre preferably on JAC’s side and naden to wing to partner schoupp. Our forwards other than last game but we had a few injuries to king, hetho, ava but other than that have been awesome so its fine in that department. Will baz do this?

No.