Opinion It's in front of us and we cannot see it

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry Cartel but you don't know like the rest of us what goes on behind the scenes. Rumour has it that Flanno's expertise is not why Barrett doesnt pick him. Its mainly due to his beligerent attitude and disrespect for Barrett's authority.
Oh really? Do tell?!

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watching Fitzgibbon's Sharks compared to Barrett's Dogs, you can tell Barrett is light years behind Fitzgibbon

Where are all the Kenneler's who said Hynes was not a HB and that he was a shit player and only looked good due to playing in the "Melbourne system"??? Where are you Bully Steve?

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Diddly,

Yes I have watched Toia and Klye....

Kyle is no Andrew Johns and neither is he the worst halfback at the club....

I look at the team as an actual team....

For example, JMK's first 2 games this season have been the best since he has worn the #9 for our club....Regardless of what the haters say, he has been brilliant....JMK's success this year has been thanks to our much bigger, mobile and improved forward pack....This forward pack has set the platform for JMK and our halves.....

Burton has been brilliant with the boot, great bombs as well as massive clearing kicks....The Broncos and Cowboys were continually starting their sets inside there 20 and 30 due to Burton's boot....This is massive for our forwards as they are not continually on the back foot and running back to get inside the defensive line and onside....

Forward pack has helped JMK's game
Burton's boot has helped the forward pack

Everything has a knock on effect and after years of struggle, we are slowly improving

Inside the oppositions 20 we are still diabolical, dusgusting and shit in attack....nothing has changed their....

The halves need to touch the ball on every play inside the 20 and they dont....Burton cant do it all...

Jake's game is not suited for the #7 roll, he is not helping anyone and I put that down to Trent soley...

Flanagan is no Johns or Mortimer, but his natural game is best suited for Burton to progress as well as adding value to the team...Flanagan has a good short kicking game and his passing game on both sides of the ruck is ahead of the pack and he is a pretty good goalkicker....He needs to engage the line more, though there is improvement

Jake offers nothing at #7 while Flanagan does....

For the better of the team and club, Flanagan needs to be in the #7 jersey until his contract runs out, and hopefully Bailey will be ready by than...

There is haters everywhere and it is just pure hate...

Not one hater has stated what Averillo offers more than Flanagan and Wakeham at #7 as a WHOLE....You will get the supercoach flog Wanker Stevie Wonder dribble his expertise NRL coaching ("in his demented head"), call out fans as niff nuffs, never played, never coached, how can you hate on our players, yet the flog was balls deep into Lewis week in week out....Thats a pure hater and wanker of the highest order....

Anyways forget about that flog, and to all the haters out there, show me what Averillo has over Flanagan and Wakeham as a halfback, and how does he improve the players around him compared to these two
I agree. Wakeham and Flannos natural game will open up Burton a lot more. He needs a steady head. Not no head. Especially with the 9 we have this year two running halves don’t work. Maybe with Reed itd work but I’d give it to round 6-8 before I drop Jake. I know I go on about him but it’s merely frustration. If im
Gonna be neutral. He has until round 8. After that if no improvement into the next which I dare say will be Wakeham as Flanno is hated by TB.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watching Fitzgibbon's Sharks compared to Barrett's Dogs, you can tell Barrett is light years behind Fitzgibbon

Where are all the Kenneler's who said Hynes was not a HB and that he was a shit player and only looked good due to playing in the "Melbourne system"??? Where are you Bully Steve?
Well we should’ve been 2 from 2 so maybe let’s wait a few more weeks and judge

Packstar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I agree. Wakeham and Flannos natural game will open up Burton a lot more. He needs a steady head. Not no head. Especially with the 9 we have this year two running halves don’t work. Maybe with Reed itd work but I’d give it to round 6-8 before I drop Jake. I know I go on about him but it’s merely frustration. If im
Gonna be neutral. He has until round 8. After that if no improvement into the next which I dare say will be Wakeham as Flanno is hated by TB.
Jake had the entire year last year along with this preseason...Jake has not improved one bit..

Jake should be dropped to #14 with Flanagan at #7 and BBO to Cup

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Jake had the entire year last year along with this preseason...Jake has not improved one bit..

Jake should be dropped to #14 with Flanagan at #7 and BBO to Cup
Cup should be
6. Averillo
7. Wakeham
9. BBO

1st grade should be
6. Burton
7. Flanagan
9. JMK

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanagan was one of last years duds though. If he was in the team now he'd be worse than Averillo. If people want to make a case for anyone to replace Averillo, it should be for Wakeham who looked great in Reserves last week and seems to have improved over the offseason unlike Flanagan.
I agree wakeham is a genuine halfback with a bit more flair than Flanagan, he’s been the forgotten man for too long

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Ok

Manly, Storm, Panthers, Rabbitohs

We will chat in a few weeks
So whats your point?
On form we should lose every game regardless who plays, so tell us please

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I'd use Avo like Penrith used Burton last year, in the centres.
Bro I’d be cool with that. I’m starting to warm to the idea of Avo back in the centres that way Naden can play wing and Okka can go wake up to himself in nsw cup.

if I was picking the team I would’ve partnered Wakeham with Burton from the jump of 2022 preseason. Flanagan was such a disappointment and I gotta say.. people don’t seem to remember just how bad we were with Flanno at 7. Those first 9 or 10 rounds were fucking brutal.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There isn't many halves on the market for next season unless some are released. With Redcliffe coming in it spreads the talent even further.

Notable halves off contract are,

Wakeham (do we keep him?) Or replace him with

Moylan- probably get re-sign the way cronulla are going
Ash Taylor
Cooper Johns
Chanel Harris Tevita
Kodi & Jayden Nikorima
Sean O'Sullivan
Lachlan Lam

Some of these guys may have already sorted a contract.

Of the available, I would consider O'Sullivan his game would probably suit Burton. We probably wouldn't have to pay much different to Wakehams salary. Plus he's had a year training and playing with the current premiers.

Last edited:

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He'll have to grow a set in reggies too if a solid hit is all it takes to rattle him.
He is not doing anything different in reggies than he did last year in firsts. The opposition has been inferior.

Donkey Slayer

Banned
Reaction score
There isn't many halves on the market for next season unless some are released. With Redcliffe coming in it spreads the talent even further.

Notable halves off contract are,

Wakeham (do we keep him?) Or replace him with

Moylan- probably get re-sign the way cronulla are going
Ash Taylor
Cooper Johns
Chanel Harris Tevita
Kodi & Jayden Nikorima
Sean O'Sullivan
Lachlan Lam

Some of these guys may have already sorted a contract.

Of the available, I would consider O'Sullivan his game would probably suit Burton. We probably wouldn't have to pay much different to Wakehams salary. Plus he's had a year training and playing with the current premiers.
BBO cuz