Official Round 2 vs Broncos Match Discussion

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did he do wrong though? A lot of screaming on here but no substance.
He is there to lead our attack, especially on the right side. He didn't do that. The difference in quality between him and Burton is really clear. He isn't the answer for us in the 7 shirt, not this season anyway. Not necessarily his fault, feel bad for the guy, but he needs to either go back to reggies and spend more time learning the halves, or play centre or winger.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Stupid decisions, no vision, nothing kicks and basically was a passenger in one of the most important position. He slowed down momentum constantly

I'll watch it again tomorrow and report back to you if you wish :p
I don't agree. Like i said we created far more opportunities than the Broncos and a lot of that came from Jake linking up well with Burton. He obviously can do more and be better but he put in one poor kick while landing multiple perfectly near the goal line and forcing a repeat set. Everyone focuses on the negatives with him.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
That strip against Burns cost us. He's been good for us so far but that was a killer. We were on top and that changed the momentum of the game. Had we taken our chances in the first half we would have won that game. This was a lot better than the usual shit we dished up

JMK and Waddell were good tonight. I usually give them shit so I'll give them credit tonight

Okonbor is the most useless winger in the game. His only attribute is his height....and yet even then he doesn't know how to use. He just looks lost. He is slow and he runs like a pussy....what is the fucking point of having him in the 17. Give Casey a shot on the wing FFS
To be fair to all our outside backs they aren’t exactly receiving quality ball on the fly, their attack and try scoring chances are certainly being hampered by slow service from Avo and JMK, it is stagnating their opportunities to score thats for sure.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is a furphy. Wakeham hasn't had an extended run in the halves, let alone in the 7 jersey - Pay consistently chose Cogger and Lewis ahead of him.
This is and has been my point for a while. I'm glad I'm not the only one that sees it that way.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I don't agree. Like i said we created far more opportunities than the Broncos and a lot of that came from Jake linking up well with Burton. He obviously can do more and be better but he put in one poor kick while landing multiple perfectly near the goal line and forcing a repeat set. Everyone focuses on the negatives with him.
Hey I was backing and hoping he is the answer, but he isn't.

Not one aspect of his game has improved.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad about the loss (seriously how long does a bloke need to be tackled before it's called held these days - re Burns strip and subsequent try).

That said the effort was monumental compared to last week, and honestly we should give Manly a real shakeup next game.

Okunbor still remains the biggest issue however. Too slow to react, turn, and chase. Can't afford that as other wingers will cut him to shreds.

Averillo I'm still on the fence about.

JMK had a dramatic improvement, and Burton showed why he is worth every cent. Burns is looking settled on the wing too, and Dufty as well at fullback.

Consistency is the key, but to think there is definitely lots of room to improve on todays performance (and still RFM and Allan missing), it's exciting to think what we could do with a full side firing.

Waddell at prop? Okkkay now I've heard everything.
Credit where due, he was bloody good tonight and seems to have found "his" spot. Allows replacement to do more damage when they come on.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What did he do wrong though? A lot of screaming on here but no substance.
Apart from the dropped ball that handed possession over (they scored immediately from the scrum), he put in a couple of average kicks like the grubber that went straight to a broncos who then had good field position and finished their set with a kick to corner

He wasn’t THAT bad as some are saying but he wasn’t great either

I’m not calling for his head.

OK should be the only one dropped

billy beane

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is a furphy. Wakeham hasn't had an extended run in the halves, let alone in the 7 jersey - Pay consistently chose Cogger and Lewis ahead of him.
Speaking of Cogger .... would take him in a heartbeat at the moment. Thought he was a decent player.

Is he still playing
That's cause he has a lot of them.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He is there to lead our attack, especially on the right side. He didn't do that. The difference in quality between him and Burton is really clear. He isn't the answer for us in the 7 shirt, not this season anyway. Not necessarily his fault, feel bad for the guy, but he needs to either go back to reggies and spend more time learning the halves, or play centre or winger.
Is that not Dufty's side though? It's a 3 half system, Jake through the middle with him feeding the 5/8 outside him (burton, dufty). but yes he isn't a halfback and we know that, we also know Burton is better. Most of us know why he's there right now.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Watch the game again, but this time, picture Averillo in Josh Reynolds’ body

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Its crazy how many games okunbor has costed us in his short career. I’m gonna puke if we choose him on Tuesday if allan is healthy. My thoughts on the game, we were the better team, they just took advantage of how fucking terrible okunbor is to their advantage. It’s literally all it is. He is 100% every reason we lose games. Just imagine this team with combinations gelled, no okunbor plus reed, kikau in the team. Its looking promising.

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Effort was great

We smashed them in metres made... 9 players wrll above 100 metres in the match.

Possession 59% our way.

Nearly a hundred less tackles.

20 to 2 offloads.

Massively better at inefficient tackles than Broncs.

Still found a way to lose at home!!!!
3 reasons we lost - poor coaching, Avo and Jaydumb Knockonbore.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
no, we lost because we didn't finish our chances we created. really simple.
We didn’t finish, but never had the chance to. Especially after jmk scored, dreads cost Us the first try when oats Went over, he was a sitting duck and can’t turn quick enough. He blew it. He needs to go.

Stinger

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only listened to the game on the radio and it sounds like the same old shite, predictable block plays going nowhere and the usual suspects screwing up.
Nah. Try and watch a replay if you can. Different side to last year.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nah. Try and watch a replay if you can. Different side to last year.
I'll clarify my post. Some shite as in the same boring predictable block plays. The only time we make ground is when our forwards run hard. All of our 7s are shite and our attacking plays is all Burton or nothing.
I'll watch it tomorrow when NRL posts it to youtube. But the commentators were spot on with their call in round 1 so I'll don't doubt them for this match.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about last season? He’s a halfback and his clearing kicks would travel 20m. The opposition would return the ball on the first tackle close to if not in our half. I was a fan before, but in his 20 or so starting first grade appearances he has shown nothing to show me that he is a first grader