• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Well after 5 days of thinking that Covid was not much different to a cold, it really hit me. I have been so sick and nearly ended up in hospital. I have lost over 5kg since last Thursday and am still unable to eat properly. Basically, I am keeping fever under control with Panadol and sleeping 18 hours a day. Hopefully it ends soon as I am feeling a little better today.
Stay careful. There is an expected period of time from when you catch it during which you will go through the worst of it, however while it applies to a majority, there is a substantial minority who have a different experience. Keep an eye on your oxygen levels and don't take feeling better for granted, not right away at least.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Bro WTF? Why so many daily deaths? Is this delta catching up or the omicron?
Bit of both. Delta is still around in Australia. Omicron is also not completely harmless. It's around 1/5th - 1/3rd as deadly as Delta.

So basically, if 100 people would have died from Delta, but instead they got Omicron, then around 20-30 of those people would die instead of 100.

Still going to be a large number of deaths, but a lot less than if it were Delta.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Bit of both. Delta is still around in Australia. Omicron is also not completely harmless. It's around 1/5th - 1/3rd as deadly as Delta.

So basically, if 100 people would have died from Delta, but instead they got Omicron, then around 20-30 of those people would die instead of 100.

Still going to be a large number of deaths, but a lot less than if it were Delta.
Was talking to my doctor today. He just told me that high cholesterol is "technically" a compromised immune system status with C19. It's not the harmless mild flu like ailment we are assuming for everyone. Majority yes but Doctors dont know who's immune system will be susceptible.

One of the receptionists got it and her husband. In their 30's and a normal healthy couple. She was ok but husband admitted to ICU overnight and very unwell still.

Be careful Dogs fans, take it easy and look after yourself if you get it.

Doc said def advise your family doctor if you get C19 so they can monitor you and that Telemedicine has just been extended a further year for that purpose.

Last edited:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I went for my first run this morning post Covid and felt like my heart was more boom boom than normal. Hitting the concrete hurt my lower joints more and I was mad cramped up towards the end, calf still feels messed up all these hours later.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I went for my first run this morning post Covid and felt like my heart was more boom boom than normal. Hitting the concrete hurt my lower joints more and I was mad cramped up towards the end, calf still feels messed up all these hours later.
Wait..... you run? For some reason i thought you were a mad overweight stoner hahaha

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
You have to be careful. Exercise is really bad for you. First you start running, then you get fit, then women start looking at you, then their boyfriends get the shits and the next thing you know, double tap to the back of the head. All because you went for a run.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I didnt even know you had legs , fuck me the things you learn here, marley does have legs and lambs have ribs

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Wait..... you run? For some reason i thought you were a mad overweight stoner hahaha
I used to run for days, I literally played every sport I could possibly play and got scouted numerous times growing up. Turned them down because I wanted to play football (soccer) but then I copped a couple of injuries and found other "interests" and then dropped off completely. Thats why I'm a negative fuck, fucking hate myself for it and can't find anything that gives me the same enjoyment I once had. Anyway I'm not a fat..:tearsofjoy:

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I used to run for days, I literally played every sport I could possibly play and got scouted numerous times growing up. Turned them down because I wanted to play football (soccer) but then I copped a couple of injuries and found other "interests" and then dropped off completely. Thats why I'm a negative fuck, fucking hate myself for it and can't find anything that gives me the same enjoyment I once had. Anyway I'm not a fat..:tearsofjoy:
The old "couldve gone pro" story haha

Status
Not open for further replies.