• Indecisive

Votes: 10 6.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't see lockdowns being used ever again and nobody, even over 60's, can avoid this spread. So we are all facing the same reality as you describe above.

This graph tends to support the contention that the relaxing of masks, encouragement to go out and party, not take any precautions, was the Covid super spreader that got out of hand that didn't need to happen the way it did with Perrottet and Morrison helping it along.

Looks like damning evidence to me that Omikron can wipe out Delta and possibly be the beginning of the end for how this virus dictates our lifestyle.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting (but unsurprising) article in news.com.au about a quick study from Israels Sheba Hospital which has already provided 4th dose (2nd booster) to medical staff, yet results indicate it does SFA to prevent Omikron transmission and only slight improvenent against waning vax efficacy.

This is not news to me however.
It was obvious months ago, but as i said, there is no solution to this epidemic atm and if governments see even a slight improvement by pushing boosters or vaccines, they'll do it as they want to be seen as pro-active to keep people's spirits. Thats whats happening in Israel and here and around the world.

I wish they came out and just have us the truth. Tell us that current vaccines or boosters do SFA for Omikron and your best bet (if you are concerned) is personal restrictions.

The silver lining is that Omikron infection is proportionally decreasing the infection rate of Delta. You otherwise need vaccine or booster protevtion for Delta.

But enough of this crap about kids vaccines or boosters to help the fight. At 90+% vaccination, we have done our bit against Delta and with natural immunity that comes with Omikron infection, we are finally winning the battle.

The only reason we have had a slower rise and fall (compared to South Africa or UK) is we had a very low covid infection rate as at December. Now that we've brought that up, we are closer than anyone to learning to live with it.

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well im glad you werent marking my Thesis on Optimisation.

You wouldnt have liked my conclusions and the real time factors needed to achieve it. Even though it was on the money.

You would have picked on one of the variables and flogged it to death to discredit the whole process.

Like i said before, small minded people who arent playing the End game best keep out of it. Let others who are looking for solutions to drive us forward.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Got my third yesterday like many already have I went the Pfizer Pfizer Moderna - everyone is different but not even really a sore arm but did wake up this morning and feel like I had just taken a sleeping pill or one of those night cold and flu tablets. Window open nice breeze on my face with comfy freshly washed crispy doona could have slept in and I’m not a sleep in guy but yeah at work as usual and feel fine.

Last edited:

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pretty much. He said that the guy probably died of something else and the hospital lied.

I said to him, "his lungs completely collapsed. Either he died of Covid or he died of some other respiratory virus. In which case, there's a respiratory virus going around killing people"

The bloke is a moron.
Unfortunately there are some CT types that no matter what you tell them or provide them with actual data or evidence, the more they tow the CT line.

Even when you tell them they are an embarassing minority, they grow another leg and think their ideologies are even more correct and being silenced or suppressed by rich people or governments.

My sisters friend and her family are these types and i just cant handle them.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Got my third yesterday like many already have I went the Pfizer Pfizer Moderna - everyone is different but not even really a sore arm but did wake up this morning and feel like I had just taken a sleeping pill or one of those night cold and flu tablets. Window open nice breeze on my face with comfy freshly washed crispy doona could have slept in and I’m not a sleep in guy but yeah at work as usual and feel fine.
Glad to hear your booster went well :grinning:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
"Sick of the politics of the pandemic? So is a top doctor from one of Sydney’s biggest hospitals. Royal Prince Alfred Hospital department head Paul Torzillo told staff that ‘‘increasingly, the pronouncements coming from government are completely politically driven and … not health-based,” according to the SMH. In NSW, about 5300 hospital staff are on leave, and there are about 2863 COVID patients. Torzillo didn’t say much to the paper but did say that opening up before Christmas was a bad idea. Meanwhile in Victoria, some urgent cancer and heart surgery is being postponed at The Alfred hospital, The Age reports, to make room for COVID patients. In an effort to reduce the strain, the vaccine booster’s interval has been decreased to three months now (down from six originally) in South Australia, ACT, NSW and Victoria, Guardian Australia reports."

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Whats the theory behind Phizer Phizer Moderna?

@Hacky McAxe please provide a detailed scientific explanation in layman terms

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whats the theory behind Phizer Phizer Moderna?

@Hacky McAxe please provide a detailed scientific explanation in layman terms
Not a whole lot from what I've seen. Basically they all activate the immune system in similar ways, with Moderna and Pfizer being even closer as they're both mRNA vaccines. So doesn't really matter if you do Pfizer Pfizer Moderna, or Modern Pfizer Moderna, or whatever.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not a whole lot from what I've seen. Basically they all activate the immune system in similar ways, with Moderna and Pfizer being even closer as they're both mRNA vaccines. So doesn't really matter if you do Pfizer Pfizer Moderna, or Modern Pfizer Moderna, or whatever.
Phizer Phizer Phizer ?
Or should i just get giggavaxxed?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Phizer Phizer Phizer ?
Or should i just get giggavaxxed?
I think Moderna is slightly better than Pfizer in regards to efficacy, but probably doesn't matter.

I went Pfizer Pfizer Moderna because at the time, the wait for Moderna was about 1 week, and the wait for Pfizer was about 2 months.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I went Pf/Pf/Pf. Booster was a tad uncomfortable that arm tho for a few days.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score

Good signs - hopefully it’s proven to work
That's the blood thinner we use once you get on the transplant list. Once your therapeutic level is found, it's not too bad. You just have to avoid cuts.

It can be "instantly" reversed with vitamin K.

Last edited:

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I think Moderna is slightly better than Pfizer in regards to efficacy, but probably doesn't matter.

I went Pfizer Pfizer Moderna because at the time, the wait for Moderna was about 1 week, and the wait for Pfizer was about 2 months.
I’m assuming it’s all over Sydney now but I walked into Summer Hill chemist said I’m due for my third they handed me a piece of paper I filled it out in less than a minute they said take a seat and almost before I could sit down the called Christopher went up asked my date of birth said which do you want oh it says Moderna here cool rummaged around in he box and went one two three prick bandaid Thankyou I recon it took 6 minutes all up

Status
Not open for further replies.