Official Gus on Twitter

Marki

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My stepson coached against Kyle Flanagan and Blake Brayley in the Sharks junior competition. It was the year they won the Harold Matthews cup, and those 2 went back to their junior club after HM had finished.

I went to the game and came away convinced that Brayley was the more difficult
player to contain, and nothing I have seen since would change my opinion.

They combined pretty well though and in some ways I was hoping Brayley would be our hooker in the future, but we signed Mahoney.

While I haven’t as yet written Flanagan off as a possible nrl half, he has some work to do. As yet I am not convinced about Averillo as our solutio either, but they are our best 2 goal kickers, as I am not aware just what abilities Burton has in that area.

i suspect either Jake or Kyle will get the 7 jersey, because we will not be able to take the risk of giving the role to someone who can’t turn 4 points into 6 at a decent percentage.
Kyle takes 3 minutes to kick a goal and that is in front of the sticks 10m out, when we are trailing by 10 with 5mins to go. No thanks.

As a goalkicker, you have to have a sense of gane management. This guy has none. Move on and move him on at the first opportunity. Id rather play a man down. Seriously.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Kyle takes 3 minutes to kick a goal and that is in front of the sticks 10m out, when we are trailing by 10 with 5mins to go. No thanks.

As a goalkicker, you have to have a sense of gane management. This guy has none. Move on and move him on at the first opportunity. Id rather play a man down. Seriously.
Irrelevant;

TIME OFF
Time should be taken off by the Referee:

1. (a) After 1 minute and 20 seconds from the time which any try has been awarded up until the time the conversion is taken, or
(b) After 1 minute and 20 seconds from the time which a penalty has been awarded up until the penalty kick for goal is being attempted, and
(c) Following an attempted conversion for a minimum of 30 seconds before play is restarted at the centre of half way.

2. In the last five minutes of the second half:
(a) Following a conversion, a successful penalty kick at goal or field goal until the play is restarted at the centre of the half way or
(b) Following a unsuccessful penalty kick at goal or field goal that goes touch in-goal or over the dead ball line.

Always a Bulldog

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Irrelevant;

TIME OFF
Time should be taken off by the Referee:

1. (a) After 1 minute and 20 seconds from the time which any try has been awarded up until the time the conversion is taken, or
(b) After 1 minute and 20 seconds from the time which a penalty has been awarded up until the penalty kick for goal is being attempted, and
(c) Following an attempted conversion for a minimum of 30 seconds before play is restarted at the centre of half way.

2. In the last five minutes of the second half:
(a) Following a conversion, a successful penalty kick at goal or field goal until the play is restarted at the centre of the half way or
(b) Following a unsuccessful penalty kick at goal or field goal that goes touch in-goal or over the dead ball line.

Always a Bulldog
Still though, would piss me off as a team mate if you had the other team on the back foot and the goal kicker dicked around in front of the posts giving the opposition a breather.

MoNkEy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
There must be a reason that the club still haven't announced the signings of Mahoney/Kikau for 2023 (unless I've missed something).

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
There must be a reason that the club still haven't announced the signings of Mahoney/Kikau for 2023 (unless I've missed something).
They announced in a members email. They usually do something for Twitter and Insta but they didn't for whatever reason.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They announced in a members email. They usually do something for Twitter and Insta but they didn't for whatever reason.
I would say it would be disrespectful to the other clubs considering they are still to play a full season with their current teams.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Someone asked Gus on twitter if there was a reason why the club hasnt publicly announced the signings.

He replied with "Yes"

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would say it would be disrespectful to the other clubs considering they are still to play a full season with their current teams.
Burton and JAC were both announced this way. Every other club does it too. This is an outlier for whatever reason.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Burton and JAC were both announced this way. Every other club does it too. This is an outlier for whatever reason.
JAC was a special case - everyone knew he was coming back to Sydney.
Burton wasn't a regular first grader when we made the signing.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
JAC was a special case - everyone knew he was coming back to Sydney.
Burton wasn't a regular first grader when we made the signing.
Again, every other club does it too.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Already revealed one youngster with blood clot & one with minor heart issue. Both treatable & will recover. Excellent work by the staff.....another covid blessing in disguise. :grinning:

1st it got Phil out of his warriors contract and back at Belmore where he belongs and 2nd because of manditory covid testing it helped expose two potential life threating health problems that may not otherwise have been picked up early enough to treat.

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big fella's horse Tycoonist has trekked north to race for the big bucks on Saturday on the GC it is Millions day.Pretty big test/rise in class but his bloke could run a cheeky race.
I think the mare no 14 Isotope wins the race she is VERY classy(and most unlucky the last 12 months)

Good luck Gus!!

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
To me the big problem with Flanno is that he grew up playing structured footy and the modern game has gone away from that. It’s more off the cuff these days and he doesn’t have the running game or instincts to take advantage.

There are plenty of young halves like that though. Apart from Walker I can’t name too many young halves who have come through in the past few years.
Bingo. You could see how Flanno and young Brailey would always play the patience game for Newton and turn the screws until the opposition got tired. Love to run simple Unders plays alot. I still hope the kid improves, but agree the changes have hampered him

capt obvious

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The big fella's horse Tycoonist has trekked north to race for the big bucks on Saturday on the GC it is Millions day.Pretty big test/rise in class but his bloke could run a cheeky race.
I think the mare no 14 Isotope wins the race she is VERY classy(and most unlucky the last 12 months)

Good luck Gus!!
It was pretty crap last start!( tycoonist)