Official Gus on Twitter

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Certainly hope this is bullshit about flanno and Barrett. But wouldn't put it past Flanno. For some reason I get the impression that he's been told how magnificent he is throughout his junior days by coaches looking for advancement from his father. If Barrett has told him he needs to improve in several areas I could see Flanno taking it very personally. Just don't see him as a player that takes criticism well whether it's constructive or not.

But in saying that, I am sceptical about 99% of what journos come out with.

Disposable Hero

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cant really understand the hate and vitriol against Flanagan. It's only coming from The kennel. The club does not share this opinion.
However, I do believe we have better options at half, especially with BBO.
Hows his attitude at training?
Does he listen to the coach and implement coachs plan?
Flanagan certainly did not seem to have the boys on the field behind him in the games played last year.

Who knows? with a much improved pack he might go better than last year. Im happy to take Gus at his word and give Flanagan a go.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Certainly hope this is bullshit about flanno and Barrett. But wouldn't put it past Flanno. For some reason I get the impression that he's been told how magnificent he is throughout his junior days by coaches looking for advancement from his father. If Barrett has told him he needs to improve in several areas I could see Flanno taking it very personally. Just don't see him as a player that takes criticism well it's constructive or not.

Rumours are what they are rumours !
I have previously mentioned that...
1. Former fellow student of Kyle said: he did have an attitude and and a personality issues at school...Was it peers jealousy ?
2. People say Flanagan Snr interfered in his game at the Rorters...I ask did he really ?
3. Now, the friction allegations with TBaz...Is it true ?
All these rumours makes me wonder...Are they just rumours ?
We all have individual assumptions but are left with one question...
Is Flanagan a genuine or Fake footballer ?
If he isn't genuine don't expect Gus Tbaz or a teammate to tell you so...Time will !!!

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Certainly hope this is bullshit about flanno and Barrett. But wouldn't put it past Flanno. For some reason I get the impression that he's been told how magnificent he is throughout his junior days by coaches looking for advancement from his father. If Barrett has told him he needs to improve in several areas I could see Flanno taking it very personally. Just don't see him as a player that takes criticism well whether it's constructive or not.

Not naming who, former great ........ said to me recently, Canterbury should not have signed Flanagan, revealing Robinson knew he wasn't good enough...In hindsight ?

Last edited:

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rumours are what they are rumours !
I have previously mentioned that...
1. Former fellow student of Kyle said: he did have an attitude and and a personality issues at school...Was it peers jealousy ?
2. People say Flanagan Snr interfered in his game at the Rorters...I ask did he really ?
3. Now, the friction allegations with TBaz...Is it true ?
All these rumours makes me wonder...Are they just rumours ?
We all have individual assumptions but are left with one question...
Is Flanagan a genuine or Fake footballer ?
If he isn't genuine don't expect Gus Tbaz or a teammate to tell you so...Time will !!!
I'm sure 2 was discuss on 360 once Snr is actually his sons player manager

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The big fella's horse Tycoonist has trekked north to race for the big bucks on Saturday on the GC it is Millions day.Pretty big test/rise in class but his bloke could run a cheeky race.
I think the mare no 14 Isotope wins the race she is VERY classy(and most unlucky the last 12 months)

Good luck Gus!!
The bonny mare FAR Too good as i said.Gus's ran a fn cracker despite the knocker of its form lol

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
That's pretty aewsome from the club if that's how it played out. Plus doesn't burn a bridge if he ever had the chance to return in the future.
It is certainly believable that Gus did it this way, he has expressed a philosophy of footy management that matches this approach.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not naming who, former great ........ said to me recently, Canterbury should not have signed Flanagan, revealing Robinson knew he wasn't good enough...In hindsight ?
Us and the roosters were in totally different positions at the end of 2020. They were looking for a premiership in 2021, we were looking to not run last.

His form in 2020 for the roosters was good enough to make our side in 2021. He regressed though.

Lots of experts saying stuff in hindsight. I can’t recall any of these so called experts saying it was a bad signing at the time

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lots of experts saying stuff in hindsight. I can’t recall any of these so called experts saying it was a bad signing at the time
I would normally agree with you, but this person in particular I solemnly trust !!!

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Geez there’s some real dumb f#cks walking this planet, honestly these dickheads saying Flanno needs a chance in this new team have dog shit for brains
The shit Flanagan dished up last year had nothing to do with who he was surrounded with, shit kicks, dropped balls, passes to nothing but grass, missed tackles, he went to Mounties and turned them to shit and made Lewis look like Thurston