Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So we are relying on personal responsibility to report positive RAT results in Labor led states? Isn’t that Liberal clap trap? Haha.

It sounds like QLD and VIC are letting it rip at the moment? No good :upset:

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Slower than other states to provide a registration process.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Slower than other states to provide a registration process.

So. Your average blue collar joe, who test positive on a RAT test, is going to self report putting himself into isolation for 7days, missing out on work if he is notsymptomatic (esp if self employed).

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Surely covid case numbers are irrelevant by now? We’ve been shown almost 50% of hospital admissions are caused by other factors such as broken bones & mental health and patients just happen to have covid when they are admitted so we should just look at ICU numbers and deaths ACTUALLY caused by covid. Even those numbers should be broken down further with vaccination status, underlying health conditions and age.

Tony Windsor is the joke that keeps on giving :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
So. Your average blue collar joe, who test positive on a RAT test, is going to self report putting himself into isolation for 7days, missing out on work if he is notsymptomatic (esp if self employed).

Exactly mate!! Another one for the bedwetters,
Apart from travel requirements I won’t be getting tested. If I’m sick I’ll stay home for a few days it’s not that hard

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Don't know yet. It's predicted to be around 35% reduction but can't say for sure at this stage.
Ok cheers. Does the booster shot factor into the ability to transmit? It sounds like less people with the booster are contracting covid compared to double vaxxed alone

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Surely covid case numbers are irrelevant by now? We’ve been shown almost 50% of hospital admissions are caused by other factors such as broken bones & mental health and patients just happen to have covid when they are admitted so we should just look at ICU numbers and deaths ACTUALLY caused by covid. Even those numbers should be broken down further with vaccination status, underlying health conditions and age.

Tony Windsor is the joke that keeps on giving :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:
Yep. Case numbers are pointless. Hospitalisation numbers will have a point when they fix the way they record hospitalisations. My understanding is that they have fixed it for future case recordings but not existing hospitalisation cases. ICU and death rates are probably the only relevant thing right now.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Not a hope in hell and why should some really , for example old mate mowing lawns who has minimal contact with customers if any ,why have a week of when theres no need. People will want to go to work cept school teachers who will milk it for everything its worth

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Exactly mate!! Another one for the bedwetters,
Apart from travel requirements I won’t be getting tested. If I’m sick I’ll stay home for a few days it’s not that hard
This is just a knee jerk strategy implemented.

3days sick. Tested negative. Yesterday feeling 100%, tested positive. Today tested negative again but i still have to isolate until next Sunday because of that one positive test. Fml.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Yep. Case numbers are pointless. Hospitalisation numbers will have a point when they fix the way they record hospitalisations. My understanding is that they have fixed it for future case recordings but not existing hospitalisation cases. ICU and death rates are probably the only relevant thing right now.
That’s right and when the ICU and death numbers aren’t accurate. It’s amazing that it’s been almost 2 years since I posted here about a family member who died and NSW health wanted to incorrectly label them as a covid death and still nothing has changed :(

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is just a knee jerk strategy implemented.

3days sick. Tested negative. Yesterday feeling 100%, tested positive. Today tested negative again but i still have to isolate until next Sunday because of that one positive test. Fml.
Exactly and your family are considered close contacts and must stay home for a week unless they are emergency workers or truck drivers delivering food. This over the top shit needs to change

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Ok cheers. Does the booster shot factor into the ability to transmit? It sounds like less people with the booster are contracting covid compared to double vaxxed alone
Yep, pretty large factor. 2 doses reduces Omicron symptoms by around 40% (therefore also reducing infection by around 20%). A booster dose changes that to around 80% reduction in symptoms (which results in around 35% predicted reducing in transmission)

The interesting part about the booster though is that it reduces severe disease from Omicron by over 98% (up from 86% without booster). This is probably due to a number of factors including Omicron being less deadly.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Cases numbers pretty useless now ,as people would be getting shitted lining up hrs on end and cant find tests ,sure its a bit of a cluster fuck but it will pass . They should give notice and say by the end of feb we will no longer give numbers its now self managed . This is part of living with it. I had my morning laugh at nsw health twitter feed ,people are outraged theres no firgures to show what % have had boosters!!!! Who gives a fuck lol .

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
That’s right and when the ICU and death numbers aren’t accurate. It’s amazing that it’s been almost 2 years since I posted here about a family member who died and NSW health wanted to incorrectly label them as a covid death and still nothing has changed :(
Yep, it's still an issue. Often it's impossible to say if the cause was Covid or not, and they'll generally blame Covid. It also becomes a problem when someone is about to die, they catch Covid, and it's possibly Covid that pushed them over the edge but if they didn't have the co-morbidity then they wouldn't have died, but it's classed as Covid as it was technically Covid that caused death.

It's like the old legal thought study about a man jumping off a building and someone shooting him on the way down.

Status
Not open for further replies.