Opinion “Prediction “ Where will our doggies finish in 22

What position do the Dogs finish in 2022?

• 1st-2nd

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • 3rd-4th

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 5th-6th

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 7th-8th

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • 9th-10th

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • 11th-12th

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • 13th-14th

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • 15th-16th

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Rassayri

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1st to 5th - Over achieving and amazed as a supporter.
6th to 8th - Ideal world scenario, and would be happy ending the season here.
9th to 10th - Acceptable end to the season.
11th - Acceptable end to the season, if we have injuries.
12th - Slightly disappointed given our recruitment.
13th - Bare minimum (given how bad other sides have recruited).
14th to 16th - Unacceptable.
Look at this guy we are the Bulldogs winning the comp or going close to it other then that it’s all unacceptable if we start talking like a bunch of losers we will stay a bunch of losers

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Look at this guy we are the Bulldogs winning the comp or going close to it other then that it’s all unacceptable if we start talking like a bunch of losers we will stay a bunch of losers
The players don't think this way so it doesn't really matter (the best competitors have an ego or are delusional in some sense, even if it's hidden/within). I find it hard to have us finish much higher then 12th as realistic expectations but there's obviously a chance (more so hope) that we can make the eight. It's just going to come down to the players and coaching staff with what we see on the field until opinions like this change. "We are the Bulldogs" doesn't really mean anything. Last year we were one of the worst teams of all time and we haven't made the finals since 2016 (and we haven't been a title contender since 2015?). Actions speak louder than words and that's what we need to see this year.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The players don't think this way so it doesn't really matter (the best competitors have an ego or are delusional in some sense, even if it's hidden/within). I find it hard to have us finish much higher then 12th as realistic expectations but there's obviously a chance (more so hope) that we can make the eight. It's just going to come down to the players and coaching staff with what we see on the field until opinions like this change. "We are the Bulldogs" doesn't really mean anything. Last year we were one of the worst teams of all time and we haven't made the finals since 2016 (and we haven't been a title contender since 2015?). Actions speak louder than words and that's what we need to see this year.
It’s the lack of reality from the fans that causes the biggest out cry throughout the season. We don’t have a first grade standard spine. Sure we have recruited well and should be better this season.

The fans with this mindset of nothing but a premiership is acceptable for us as bulldogs. Is delusional at its highest level. Sure we all want that and even dream it happens.

Reality is we don’t have a premiership roster and if they don’t fire. It’s those same delusional fans that think we need to be number 1. That lead the shit talk the team brigade because they didn’t see it coming.

2023 will be better but 2024-25 will be our realistic opportunity to get back to the top.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
10th-14th

Anything better than 12th is a pass mark.

kap123

Kennel Established
Reaction score
16 Tigers
15 Cowboys
14 Knights
13 Dragons
12 Raiders
11 Warriors
10 Dogs
9 Titans
8 Broncos
7 Sharks
6 Rabbitohs
5 Sea Eagles
4 Eels
3 Storm
2 Roosters
1 Panthers

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
16 Tigers
15 Cowboys
14 Knights
13 Dragons
12 Raiders
11 Warriors
10 Dogs
9 Titans
8 Broncos
7 Sharks
6 Rabbitohs
5 Sea Eagles
4 Eels
3 Storm
2 Roosters
1 Panthers
Pretty spot on tbh. 10-8 will be those 3 teams hopefully dogs in the 8 but spot on for sure.

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
>"I did also say BBO? "
That is not relevant because I'm not refuting BBO in this post. I'm refuting your claim that the Dogs will be 5th-8th with Wakeham as our half. Wakeham has had his share of opportunities and every time he has failed. Watch his previous matches and see the "deer caught in headlights" look on his eyes when he gets the ball, he has no idea what he is supposed to do.
That is why Avo was chosen as #7 because despite his obvious shortcomings he still has more to offer than Wakeham. Avo is unlikely to be the long term answer to #7 but Wakeham is certainly not. And as bad as Avo's kicking game at times at least he can kick the ball more than 30m. If an NRL HB has no speed or footwork then he must at least have a great kicking and passing game and Wakeham has neither.
I work with Wakeham’s father. I truly believe that he can be a good half for us. I don’t know if you saw the glimpses of when Wakeham was thrown in and some of the passes he threw were crisp. OBVIOUSLY I’m not blind he needs a lot of work. But all he has to do is direct the forwards and let Burton take the reigns. He’s merely the guy who delivers the first pass to Burton. As said on here and what I e heard Wakeham has been training at the 7 in sessions. At least we can all agree on here to not chop and change the halfback. Whoever it is. Stick with it and let a team gel. I still think personally BBO should be the halfback. Averillo has great talent but even other supporters laugh at this guy as our 7. At centre he can be a good if not great attacking threat.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I largely agree with you about our spine and am inclined to put Burton at 7 even though his preferred position is 6. With him at 6 he's at the mercy of a dud 7 who will give him crap passes or make crap decisions that compromises Burton. Burton has more footy smarts and vision than Flanno, Avo and Wakeham put together. Our greatest player Turvey was the best running HB ever and he also had great vision, passing and kicking. Having a good running game doesn't necessarily mean a player is automatically a 6 than a 7.
Burton at 7 has a far greater chance of success than any of the other players in the club and Avo would be a better 6 than a 7. Flanno and Wakeham are just dead weight that the club has to carry for another year or so.
I respectfully don't agree;
The dummy half can pass directly to the 5/8 if they so choose.

The dummy half doesn't have to pass to the 1/2 if they choose not to.

These days 1/2 and 5/8 play mostly on opposite sides of the field.

Back in the Mortimer and Lamb days scrums were set on the spot, now they are often set mid field, to give attacking opportunities on both sides.
They may well both be running halves but Mortimer's greatest asset was acceleration, Burton does not have that acceleration, he does have speed, side step and swerve plus deception, he puts the defence in doubt. With the bonus of a Brentnall length kick, Mortimer was the short kick master. In regards to playing style and natural attributes, comparisons between Mortimer and Burton are erroneous.

Always a Bulldog

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
The coach is not an issue except on the Kennel. Word from Belmore is that Josh Ralph is very highly regarded
by the coaching staff. He might be a smokey for the 7.
what from on tweet from gus? he is a reserve grade player at best, probably will be reserve for reserve grade, he played at my club in ron massey and didnt stand out.

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I largely agree with you about our spine and am inclined to put Burton at 7 even though his preferred position is 6. With him at 6 he's at the mercy of a dud 7 who will give him crap passes or make crap decisions that compromises Burton. Burton has more footy smarts and vision than Flanno, Avo and Wakeham put together. Our greatest player Turvey was the best running HB ever and he also had great vision, passing and kicking. Having a good running game doesn't necessarily mean a player is automatically a 6 than a 7.
Burton at 7 has a far greater chance of success than any of the other players in the club and Avo would be a better 6 than a 7. Flanno and Wakeham are just dead weight that the club has to carry for another year or so.
fuk me do you even watch the game? how many times does a 7 pass it to a 6 ? they mostly play either side of the ruck, burton will play left and averillo right side, they will rarely link up. understand the game before you post such utter bullshit

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuk me do you even watch the game? how many times does a 7 pass it to a 6 ? they mostly play either side of the ruck, burton will play left and averillo right side, they will rarely link up. understand the game before you post such utter bullshit
They don't have to play on either side of the ruck dickhead. How many times did Stuart throw the long pass to Daley? Sterlo to Kenny? How many times did Cowboys pass directly to their 6 instead of Thurston during his career?
What am I saying is put Burton as chief playmaker and remove the weak link in Avo, Flanno, Wakeham from making most of the decisions and screwing up time after time. Avo can become a running 6. All you can think about it is play exactly the same as what's been done before. The reality is we have one good player in the halves and the others are shite playmekers but you want a shite playmaker because some of the other teams do that.
PS i've been watching the game since the mid 70's arsehole.

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The top halves all play both sides of the ruck

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
They don't have to play on either side of the ruck dickhead. How many times did Stuart throw the long pass to Daley? Sterlo to Kenny? How many times did Cowboys pass directly to their 6 instead of Thurston during his career?
What am I saying is put Burton as chief playmaker and remove the weak link in Avo, Flanno, Wakeham from making most of the decisions and screwing up time after time. Avo can become a running 6. All you can think about it is play exactly the same as what's been done before. The reality is we have one good player in the halves and the others are shite playmekers but you want a shite playmaker because some of the other teams do that.
well you are living in 70's dickhead. Putting Burton as a 7 is fukn stupid, he is a running 6. You must have stop watching since the 70's because Averillo is not a weak link arsehole. One of the more uneducated posts on here, probably leading for 2022.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Burton isn't a playmaker in the sense that you're talking about either though.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I respectfully don't agree;
The dummy half can pass directly to the 5/8 if they so choose.

The dummy half doesn't have to pass to the 1/2 if they choose not to.

These days 1/2 and 5/8 play mostly on opposite sides of the field.

Back in the Mortimer and Lamb days scrums were set on the spot, now they are often set mid field, to give attacking opportunities on both sides.
They may well both be running halves but Mortimer's greatest asset was acceleration, Burton does not have that acceleration, he does have speed, side step and swerve plus deception, he puts the defence in doubt. With the bonus of a Brentnall length kick, Mortimer was the short kick master. In regards to playing style and natural attributes, comparisons between Mortimer and Burton are erroneous.

Always a Bulldog
In no way would I put Burton in Mortimer's category in terms of natural attributes. But there is a mindset on TK that a 7 has to be an "organising half/game manager" in the Sterlo/Cronk category.
I know these days 1/2 and 5/8 play mostly on opposite sides of the field but that usually happens when there are 2 class players in those positions. We only have 1. It makes sense to have an alternative plan rather stick to the same in the box plan as everyone else when we don't have the luxury of two good playmakers in the team.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
well you are living in 70's dickhead. Putting Burton as a 7 is fukn stupid, he is a running 6. You must have stop watching since the 70's because Averillo is not a weak link arsehole. One of the more uneducated posts on here, probably leading for 2022.
Stuart, Daley and Thurston didn't play in the 70's dickhead. What a failed Mr know it all. Although better than Wakeham and Flanno which isn't saying much, Avo doesn't have the footy smarts to be a 7.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Burton isn't a playmaker in the sense that you're talking about either though.
Yes but read my post I said he has better chance of being the playmaker given we don't have a good playmaker in Flanno, Wakeham and Avo.