Opinion “Prediction “ Where will our doggies finish in 22

What position do the Dogs finish in 2022?

• 1st-2nd

Votes: 6 4.4%
  • 3rd-4th

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • 5th-6th

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • 7th-8th

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • 9th-10th

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • 11th-12th

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • 13th-14th

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • 15th-16th

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Im thinking 7th to 9th at this stage. Of course if the new lineup gel quickly we could go higher. But expecting 7 to 9. Will be disappointed big time, and calling for heads to roll if we finish below 12th. Even without a recognised 7, the team is better than 13th to 16th. Pretty sure the coach would be gone if we finish below 12th.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dean Pay had us pushing for the 8 until the final round in his 2nd year I believe. With the strength of our 22 roster compared to under Pay, surely a pass mark is making the 8 surely?

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More of a natural half than avo. Averillo good centre
Natural half? Wakeham failed every time he was on the field for the past 2 years. He can barely kick the ball 30m, he has no foot work and no speed. He can barely play reserve grade.
I don't see any other NRL clubs lining up to sign Wakeham.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’d say 9-12. Too much quality in the squad now to finish below that. Just need the squad to gel and we’re rolling. Really hoping to make the 8 tho

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With Mahoney coming in 23 we have the 9 problem covered and we have enough options to get by at fullback. The 7 and coach will be the biggest hurdle for us in 22. I think 10-12th and a coach issue.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
With Mahoney coming in 23 we have the 9 problem covered and we have enough options to get by at fullback. The 7 and coach will be the biggest hurdle for us in 22. I think 10-12th and a coach issue.
The coach is not an issue except on the Kennel. Word from Belmore is that Josh Ralph is very highly regarded
by the coaching staff. He might be a smokey for the 7.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
10th to 12th. Spine is wonky plus still carrying a lot of trash players in top 30 so depth is an issue.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coach is not an issue except on the Kennel. Word from Belmore is that Josh Ralph is very highly regarded
by the coaching staff. He might be a smokey for the 7.
I don’t really buy into these highly regarded players if they haven’t made it by the age of 24. Yes I know Cody Walker was an exception, but being 24 and not getting a look in yet from any NRL club raises questions. Josh Cleeland is another example, so highly rated by many on here and not even one NRL club took a bite when we released him

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Natural half? Wakeham failed every time he was on the field for the past 2 years. He can barely kick the ball 30m, he has no foot work and no speed. He can barely play reserve grade.
I don't see any other NRL clubs lining up to sign Wakeham.
I did also say BBO? And let’s be real Averillo was given a FULL season in the halves and did fuck all but throw a few dummies. Worst organiser. Worst kicker just as a 7 was shit. Couldn’t tackle. Give Wakeham or BBO. A full season in the halves you might see a different player. But with the chopping and changing of the halves pairing nobody got a fair go besides Averillo. I still think for next season Flanno as much as I hate to say it or BBO are our best options at 7. I think Averillo is reserve grade centre. I put Alamoti a head of him by leaps and bounds.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm well i think anywhere from 6th-12th. 6th is an overachieve but possible if things go our way with injuries and we unearth a star. But what I expect to happen is we will be in the hunt for the 8 until the end of the season and if we miss out it will be no more than 2 points and more likely just on For and Against.

But for me these are the questions and the outcomes will determine our season

1) How will Dufty go in a structure more suited to his style of play and will he learn how to defend?
2) Will JAC see enough ball to trouble his current try strike rate, and will he be more potent with a more of a roaming license?
3) WIll Alamoti break into First Grade and will he further strengthen the attack with more options and targets or will it be a tough introduction to First Grade for him?
4) Will the 3/4 line be better drilled in defense and will the Left side attack score more tries than the right side defense lets in?
5) Will Burton find his feet at 5/8 and start to show the talent and potential he has shown in previous years, or will the year in the centres have affected his development?
6) Will we find a Halfback to partner Burton?
7) Will Thompson grow another leg (go up a gear) in his runs with another Middle forward (Vaughn) getting decent metres and creating momentum?
8) Will JMK finally able to put back to back games together where he shows he has a running game and we have the players supporting him up the middle? or Will Cook show us he is the DH we have been missing? If Cook is the one going forward, hard to see consistency from him this early in his First Grade Career
9) Will TPJ play Left edge and show us what we have been missing, and combine well with Burton, Naden and JAC? (I think TPJ will play edge in 2022 but middle in 2023)
10) Will Hethro realise his potential on the right edge, creating opportunities with his size, speed and aggression?
11) Will Patolo develop into a hard running middle?

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hmmm well i think anywhere from 6th-12th. 6th is an overachieve but possible if things go our way with injuries and we unearth a star. But what I expect to happen is we will be in the hunt for the 8 until the end of the season and if we miss out it will be no more than 2 points and more likely just on For and Against.

But for me these are the questions and the outcomes will determine our season

1) How will Dufty go in a structure more suited to his style of play and will he learn how to defend?
2) Will JAC see enough ball to trouble his current try strike rate, and will he be more potent with a more of a roaming license?
3) WIll Alamoti break into First Grade and will he further strengthen the attack with more options and targets or will it be a tough introduction to First Grade for him?
4) Will the 3/4 line be better drilled in defense and will the Left side attack score more tries than the right side defense lets in?
5) Will Burton find his feet at 5/8 and start to show the talent and potential he has shown in previous years, or will the year in the centres have affected his development?
6) Will we find a Halfback to partner Burton?
7) Will Thompson grow another leg (go up a gear) in his runs with another Middle forward (Vaughn) getting decent metres and creating momentum?
8) Will JMK finally able to put back to back games together where he shows he has a running game and we have the players supporting him up the middle? or Will Cook show us he is the DH we have been missing? If Cook is the one going forward, hard to see consistency from him this early in his First Grade Career
9) Will TPJ play Left edge and show us what we have been missing, and combine well with Burton, Naden and JAC? (I think TPJ will play edge in 2022 but middle in 2023)
10) Will Hethro realise his potential on the right edge, creating opportunities with his size, speed and aggression?
11) Will Patolo develop into a hard running middle?
agree with all this except I don’t want jmk given another chance I would rather cook line up round 1. He is going to be potentially our back up hooker from 23 onwards anyway

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did also say BBO? And let’s be real Averillo was given a FULL season in the halves and did fuck all but throw a few dummies. Worst organiser. Worst kicker just as a 7 was shit. Couldn’t tackle. Give Wakeham or BBO. A full season in the halves you might see a different player. But with the chopping and changing of the halves pairing nobody got a fair go besides Averillo. I still think for next season Flanno as much as I hate to say it or BBO are our best options at 7. I think Averillo is reserve grade centre. I put Alamoti a head of him by leaps and bounds.
>"I did also say BBO? "
That is not relevant because I'm not refuting BBO in this post. I'm refuting your claim that the Dogs will be 5th-8th with Wakeham as our half. Wakeham has had his share of opportunities and every time he has failed. Watch his previous matches and see the "deer caught in headlights" look on his eyes when he gets the ball, he has no idea what he is supposed to do.
That is why Avo was chosen as #7 because despite his obvious shortcomings he still has more to offer than Wakeham. Avo is unlikely to be the long term answer to #7 but Wakeham is certainly not. And as bad as Avo's kicking game at times at least he can kick the ball more than 30m. If an NRL HB has no speed or footwork then he must at least have a great kicking and passing game and Wakeham has neither.

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pls never speak again :innocent:

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
>"I did also say BBO? "
That is not relevant because I'm not refuting BBO in this post. I'm refuting your claim that the Dogs will be 5th-8th with Wakeham as our half. Wakeham has had his share of opportunities and every time he has failed. Watch his previous matches and see the "deer caught in headlights" look on his eyes when he gets the ball, he has no idea what he is supposed to do.
That is why Avo was chosen as #7 because despite his obvious shortcomings he still has more to offer than Wakeham. Avo is unlikely to be the long term answer to #7 but Wakeham is certainly not. And as bad as Avo's kicking game at times at least he can kick the ball more than 30m. If an NRL HB has no speed or footwork then he must at least have a great kicking and passing game and Wakeham has neither.
Anyone that has their hopes set on a 5-8 finish with our current spine in 2022. Are the same half glass full people that will be on here bagging everyone for being shit through the season. They are not realistic on the talent we have in key positions.

The facts are, outside of Burton we don’t have any first grade level spine talent. That will also nullify Burton’s effectiveness without having any foils.

BBO is our only realistic current chance. But I think blooding him at 7 from the get go could cause more damage to him than good. I think he needs at least half a year developing in Reggie’s.

There is such little creativity in Flanagan, Averillo or Wakeham it’s a huge worry. The modern game need a creative eyes up, play what’s in front of you football. It’s a case of who will cause the least damage. Who that is I have no idea [emoji848]

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agree with all this except I don’t want jmk given another chance I would rather cook line up round 1. He is going to be potentially our back up hooker from 23 onwards anyway
Pretty much agree anyway, its just I don't see a player in Josh Cook that hasn't played an NRL game yet taking us to a top 8 spot in such an important position, though I do see him as having a higher ceiling than JMK, if we didn't have Mahoney coming in 23 (woohoo), 23 would be his year to shine.

bulldogsmyte

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone that has their hopes set on a 5-8 finish with our current spine in 2022. Are the same half glass full people that will be on here bagging everyone for being shit through the season. They are not realistic on the talent we have in key positions.

The facts are, outside of Burton we don’t have any first grade level spine talent. That will also nullify Burton’s effectiveness without having any foils.

BBO is our only realistic current chance. But I think blooding him at 7 from the get go could cause more damage to him than good. I think he needs at least half a year developing in Reggie’s.

There is such little creativity in Flanagan, Averillo or Wakeham it’s a huge worry. The modern game need a creative eyes up, play what’s in front of you football. It’s a case of who will cause the least damage. Who that is I have no idea [emoji848]
I largely agree with you about our spine and am inclined to put Burton at 7 even though his preferred position is 6. With him at 6 he's at the mercy of a dud 7 who will give him crap passes or make crap decisions that compromises Burton. Burton has more footy smarts and vision than Flanno, Avo and Wakeham put together. Our greatest player Turvey was the best running HB ever and he also had great vision, passing and kicking. Having a good running game doesn't necessarily mean a player is automatically a 6 than a 7.
Burton at 7 has a far greater chance of success than any of the other players in the club and Avo would be a better 6 than a 7. Flanno and Wakeham are just dead weight that the club has to carry for another year or so.