The Formula One Thread

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Not a Hamilton fan at all but FMD how much does it suck to lose a race, and title, like that. Poor bastard did everything right up until the end. I thought the NRL had some stupid rules but the safety car rule in F1 is ridiculous. There is WAY too much luck involved. I'm surprised Red Bull didn't engineer a safety car with Perez 10 laps earlier but they got lucky with Latifi's stupid crash (a Merc driver no less)

Not a Verstappen fan either (bit of a grub and a sore loser) so hopefully we can get Ferrari challenging these guys next year to spice things up as I dont want to see F1 dominated by these 2 guys for the next few years
2008 singapore grand prix, massa in control, renault rig the race with a crash from piquet to help teammate alonso get the lead, with the stupid pitstop rules that year everybody has to wait until a couple of laps under safety car before the pitlane reopens, ferrari is forced into a tight pitstop with the rest of the field right behind instead of a 5 second gap, they made a mistake under the pressure and massa ends up driving off with the fuel hose still attached

earlier in 2008 at monaco, hamilton hits the wall and is a minute behind when a safety car comes out, again those stupid pitstop rules mean the leaders cant immediately pit, meaning not only has hamilton made back up his time lost but his pitstop to repair the damage is actually an advantage now since he is the only one to fuel up, he wins the race simply because he made a mistake he was going nowhere before the mistake

at imola earlier this year he goes off and loses a minute with damage and taking a long time to rejoin the track, but he is saved by the mercedes candidate teammates bottas and george russell crashing and bringing out the red flag

so with normal amounts of luck this season then verstappen would be world champion before the final race and hamilton would have one less world title, not to mention the luck of being in the dominant mercedes and having F1 lock in the cars and engine for many seasons to save money, basically locking in hamilton as champion

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
OK then how come all cars that were lapped unable to un-lap themselves as the rules state plain and clear??
because they were overuled by the bosses who wanted the championship to be decided on the track in an exciting way and not because they rigged the race for mercedes, the only controversy should be that they tried to rig the race for mercedes when they could have unlapped all the cars the lap earlier

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
because they were overuled by the bosses who wanted the championship to be decided on the track in an exciting way and not because they rigged the race for mercedes, the only controversy should be that they tried to rig the race for mercedes when they could have unlapped all the cars the lap earlier
haha you have to be joking. clearly you are a massive Hamilton hater....

I dont like the guy either but to think that was a fair end to the race/championship you are kidding yourself.

there are literally millions of ppl blowing up about this all over the world and they aren't all hamilton fans....

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
haha you have to be joking. clearly you are a massive Hamilton hater....

I dont like the guy either but to think that was a fair end to the race/championship you are kidding yourself.

there are literally millions of ppl blowing up about this all over the world and they aren't all hamilton fans....
it wasn't a fair end to the championship, a fair end to the championship would be the cars unlapping themselves on lap 56

they announced that lapped cars wouldn't be allowed to overtake, that decision needs to be explained because it is a clear rig attempt for mercedes, another clear rig attempt after the cheating on lap 1

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
anybody who thinks hamilton got unlucky this year obviously has not watched the races

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
alonso race engineer: now they are telling us that we are not allowed to unlap ourselves

alonso: hahaha understood

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know one thing for sure and that is Checo's defending was unreal!
My fave part of the whole race, great team player!

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
it wasn't a fair end to the championship, a fair end to the championship would be the cars unlapping themselves on lap 56

they announced that lapped cars wouldn't be allowed to overtake, that decision needs to be explained because it is a clear rig attempt for mercedes, another clear rig attempt after the cheating on lap 1
anybody who thinks hamilton got unlucky this year obviously has not watched the races
Im not talking about this year just the race last night.
Its not how I wanted to see the race end.

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just prey that the Mclarens are more competitive next year, Im sick of seeing a 2 horse race every week!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Im not talking about this year just the race last night.
Its not how I wanted to see the race end.
you wanted the race to end by them artificially prolonging the safety car and hamilton escaping with the title in first gear?

i guarantee there would be more people blowing up with that situation, they tried it but luckily someone overruled them

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
you wanted the race to end by them artificially prolonging the safety car and hamilton escaping with the title in first gear?

i guarantee there would be more people blowing up with that situation, they tried it but luckily someone overruled them
no mate not at all, I would rather a red flag then they both pit and put on new tyres and then finish the race.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
i agree that they artificially quickened the safety car restart process to get the final lap in after artificially tried to slow it the lap before

i want to know the story behind the scenes and who was in their ear for the initial decision and switch, we haven't heard the toto wolff calls to the race director during it and i think he was trying to get them not to restart the race or let cars unlap themselves, hamilton also trying to talk about there still being debris and trying to get the safety car to drive quicker

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i agree that they artificially quickened the safety car restart process to get the final lap in after artificially tried to slow it the lap before

i want to know the story behind the scenes and who was in their ear for the initial decision and switch, we haven't heard the toto wolff calls to the race director during it and i think he was trying to get them not to restart the race or let cars unlap themselves, hamilton also trying to talk about there still being debris and trying to get the safety car to drive quicker

they wanted a dramatic finish for Netflix and they got it.

I just would have fucking loved to see the red flag both pit and on new tyres with a standing start final lap....
That would have been amazing to watch!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Someone explain what happened in football/nrl terms

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dogs winning by 8 with 10mins to go and a player goes down hurt, clock gets run down to 30seconds left
the ref then decides the teams should be on equal points and the other team gets the ball and its a foot race between the other teams fullback and our front rower to the tryline.....

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Dogs winning by 8 with 10mins to go and a player goes down hurt, clock gets run down to 30seconds left
the ref then decides the teams should be on equal points and the other team gets the ball and its a foot race between the other teams fullback and our front rower to the tryline.....
Ooft.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Sydney Roosters make another grand final against the Gold Coast Titans and score the first try after a blatant knock on where they refused to check it on the bunker, then with 2 minutes to go the roosters lead 20-12 but 3 of their players have collided with each other in a freak accident and all have broken parts, they have already used all their interchanges and the roosters are down to 10 players

gold coast score a try with a minute left and refuse the conversion, 20-16, then the referee announces he will not blow time out until 2 seconds left to go because that is more fair on the roosters, the titans are furious and protest, then the referee changes his mind and puts a minute back on the clock

the titans score the try and win the game, roosters fans are pissed off because the referee is not allowed to put time back on the clock and maybe the roosters should have been allowed to use extra interchanges

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
will be talked about for a long time thats for sure!

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
they wanted a dramatic finish for Netflix and they got it.

I just would have fucking loved to see the red flag both pit and on new tyres with a standing start final lap....
That would have been amazing to watch!
because the red flag and both pitting is not wanting a dramatic finish for netflix