The Formula One Thread

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
he whines in the on season though
He has never been a driver I liked but 7 world championships didnt win themselves even if he had the best car on the grid. Thats F1, nothing has changed. When Vettel won 4 Championships the Redbull was the standout car, Shueys 5 with Ferrari same deal just like the runs Williams and Maclaren have had over the years.

The best car always attracts the best drivers. Not since Fangio has a driver won 5 World championships or Grand Prix in different brands like he did in Maserati, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Mercedes Benz..

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He has never been a driver I liked but 7 world championships didnt win themselves even if he had the best car on the grid. Thats F1, nothing has changed. When Vettel won 4 Championships the Redbull was the standout car, Shueys 5 with Ferrari same deal just like the runs Williams and Maclaren have had over the years.

The best car always attracts the best drivers. Not since Fangio has a driver won 5 World championships or Grand Prix in different brands like he did in Maserati, Ferrari, Alfa Romeo and Mercedes Benz..
Shuey didn't have the best car until his last or 2nd last title. He was just the better driver.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Shuey didn't have the best car until his last or 2nd last title. He was just the better driver.
World Contructors Championship, Ferrari was 2nd in 97 and 98 and then 1st in 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004. The highlighted years are Shueys championships. MS is in the same conversation as Fangio, Senna, Hamilton, Prost, Stewart but just like them he was in the best car if not equal best car on the grid during his Champioship years.

Ferrari spent a repoted $Billion+ over 5 years almost 20 years ago to dominate the sport.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
World Contructors Championship, Ferrari was 2nd in 97 and 98 and then 1st in 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004. The highlighted years are Shueys championships. MS is in the same conversation as Fangio, Senna, Hamilton, Prost, Stewart but just like them he was in the best car if not equal best car on the grid during his Champioship years.

Ferrari spent a repoted $Billion+ over 5 years almost 20 years ago to dominate the sport.
They won the constructors because Shuey was so good not because they had the better car.

1999 = Irvine was beat out by Hakkinen.
2000 = Barrichello finished 4th behind Hakkinen & Coulthard.
2001 = Barrichello finished 3rd behind Coulthard.
2002 = Barrichello finished 2nd 67 points behind Shuey.
2003 = Barrichello finished 4th behind Raikkonen & Montoya.
2004 = Ferrari had the best car by far.

Only 2002 & 2004 Ferrari had the best car.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Ferrari also won the constructors championship in 1999 because schumacher came back to save them

mika salo his replacement had just qualified it in 18th, 9th, 6th and 12th then schumacher comes back from his injury and puts the ferrari on pole by a second, then pole at suzuka

so anytime you look at mika salo in his career and see him having a car that qualifies in the midfield, like sauber in 2000, then you should imagine shumacher being able to win the championship in those cars

for example when schumacher stepped into the ligier car for a one day test at the end of 1994 to get a feel for the renault engine ahead of 1995, he instantly went a second faster than panis who was their lead driver and highly rated, good enough for 3rd on the grid if he set that time in the estoril gp that year, keeping in mind it was a 1 day only with no knowledge of the car

schumacher was so far ahead of his other drivers it was scary, nobody was close and if schumacher had the career of hamilton, stepping into a championship contender from his debut then having many years in a dominant car then he would have won 13 world titles and 160 races

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
also schumacher would be able to win the world championship as a 43 year old, he qualified 10-10 with rosberg, so thats good enough for 10 poles and 10 great chances at victory if the mercedes was dominant

his 2012 performance is so fucking underrated its not funny, especially qualifying for the US grand prix, setting a time in the dry 1.4 seconds faster than rosberg leaving him behind in q2 then going even quicker by 4 tenths

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
also hamilton is a cheater and schumacher is only a 2 wrongs make a right guy
Hamilton’s own teammate beat him to a world title, that disqualifies you from GOAT discussion. Shuey’s teammates never got close to him.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Hamilton’s own teammate beat him to a world title, that disqualifies you from GOAT discussion. Shuey’s teammates never got close to him.
the worst argument is that rosberg was a world champion and schumacher has had easier teammates, so the logic is if schumacher was worse and barrichello snuck in a world title in there somewhere, then schumacher would be more highly rated because he was able to usually defeat his world championship level teammate?

rosberg beat schumacher in 2010 and 2011 because schumacher was 40, injured and f1 had changed so much by that time so schumacher didn't even have the usual experience advantage, he had the physical disadvantage and the experience disadvantage, but like i said by 2012 he evened it up and dominated rosberg on the tracks that were from his time

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They won the constructors because Shuey was so good not because they had the better car.

1999 = Irvine was beat out by Hakkinen. (Eddie Irvine won 4 Grand Prix...) Pleeeease....he couldnt drive an oily stick up a dogs arse.
2000 = Barrichello finished 4th behind Hakkinen & Coulthard. (Both are World Champions)
2001 = Barrichello finished 3rd behind Coulthard. (no surprise)
2002 = Barrichello finished 2nd 67 points behind Shuey. (and still second with Coulthard, Montoya, Massa, Button behind and Irvine down in 9th..)
2003 = Barrichello finished 4th behind Raikkonen & Montoya. (one is a world champion and the other is way faster)
2004 = Ferrari had the best car by far. (still)

Only 2002 & 2004 Ferrari had the best car. (rose coloured glasses mate)
You are arguing with yourself and actually siding with my point....Irvine and Barrichello wouldnt have permission to tie Shumachers laces and yet they both finished in the top 4 spots (you know first 2 rows...) every year over the course of 6 years which also happen to include MS's championships thus giving Ferrari the Constructors. BEST CAR....

Niether Barrichello or Irvine ever looked liked winning a championship at Ferrari and definitly not after they left the Prancing Horse. I get it, you are a Shuey lovey and thats totally cool but you are also having yourself on if you dont think the Ferrari was the front running or at the very least equal front running car during that period.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
They never looked like winning it because Shuey was so dominant, not because they weren’t good enough.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You sound like a bitch now making it personal just because we don’t agree with you. No one was insulting you.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You sound like a bitch now making it personal just because we don’t agree with you. No one was insulting you.
Im not insulting you at all nor did I call you a name, however you have shown me prevoiusly in other threads how to insult because you dont like a comment or an opinion. I tried to discuss this with you with facts but you chose to ignore them because you have a Shuey hard on. No probs, I should have know better to discuss motor racing on a Footy forum.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Im not insulting you at all nor did I call you a name, however you have shown me prevoiusly in other threads how to insult because you dont like a comment or an opinion. I tried to discuss this with you with facts but you chose to ignore them because you have a Shuey hard on. No probs, I should have know better to discuss motor racing on a Footy forum.
They aren’t facts, they’re you’re opinion. I’ve watched them both race and Hamilton isn’t in Shuey’s class.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
They aren’t facts, they’re you’re opinion. I’ve watched them both race and Hamilton isn’t in Shuey’s class.
It’s impossible to argue logic with emotion. 2nd twice before 6 years straight constructors championships is not an opinion it’s fact, best car.

Schumacher was in the best car wether you like it or not. That has nothing to do with Hamilton or Schumacher verses Hamilton, that’s your hang up not mine.

Fangio shits on both of them and at his peak Senna wipes the floor with Hamilton and Shuey. Now that’s a personal opinion, but also backed by facts.

Night night.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
we don't have a shuey hard on, we have the normal hard reaction from schumacher and you have schumacher erection problems for some reasons

what the hell does constructors championship have to do with anything since schumacher is 50% of the constructors championship?

if he goes to Sauber, drags that car to 6 wins and they come 2nd in the championship, it doesn't mean that they had the 2nd best car

the perfect demonstration for this is the schumacher-alesi/berger driver swap of 1995-1996

1994 schumacher drags that piece of trash outdated ford engine to dominate the championship, the fia trying to fuck around bans him for petty reasons for entire races, a conspiracy to help make the championship interesting but costs benetton the constructors championship, the other benetton drivers only score 11pts, the ferrari drivers alesi/berger get ferrari 3rd in the championship with 71pts

1994 benetton 103pts (schum bullshit DQ from races) to ferrari 71pts
1995 benetton 135pts (145) to ferrari 73pts

now 1996 schumacher goes to ferrari and ferrari drivers go to benetton, a perfect test for what is the reason for the success, alesi and berger are 2 highly rated drivers from that time

1996 ferrari 70pts, benetton 68pts
1997 ferrari 102pts, benetton 67pts

did you notice anything different? the alesi/berger points stay about the same and the schumacher team gets more constructors points

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It’s impossible to argue logic with emotion. 2nd twice before 6 years straight constructors championships is not an opinion it’s fact, best car.

Schumacher was in the best car wether you like it or not. That has nothing to do with Hamilton or Schumacher verses Hamilton, that’s your hang up not mine.

Fangio shits on both of them and at his peak Senna wipes the floor with Hamilton and Shuey. Now that’s a personal opinion, but also backed by facts.

Night night.
Hahahahahahaha. You’re a funny bloke. Don’t know shit about F1 but a funny bloke.