Cricket 2021/22 Thread

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he was cleared by tasmania cricket and also cricket aus before he was made captain. So he should not be stepping down imo.
Yeah that’s what I’m getting at. How do you not deal with it then and their and be confident in your decision and now your sacking the bloke as captain??

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I read the text.pfft..if he didn’t send a pic of his dic it would not be such a drama..

Gee mobile phones are notorious for ‘exposing’ sports stars..just ask Souths!

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I read the text.pfft..if he didn’t send a pic of his dic it would not be such a drama..

Gee mobile phones are notorious for ‘exposing’ sports stars..just ask Souths!
Why do they do it? Puts their career on the line. Now his B.I.L. involved. Remember the Gasnier text.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Why do they do it? Puts their career on the line. Now his B.I.L. involved. Remember the Gasnier text.

Don’t know WD.. Some I reckon believe their own hype and think they can do anything..which is caused by the bubble they are in where everything is done for them and everything they do is praised..Others are just deviates.. And I guess some are a reflection of the minority in society who do this type of stuff unnoticed all the time, but because these guys are famous they get caught, and are, um, get exposed by the media.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Don’t know WD.. Some I reckon believe their own hype and think they can do anything..which is caused by the bubble they are in where everything is done for them and everything they do is praised..Others are just deviates.. And I guess some are a reflection of the minority in society who do this type of stuff unnoticed all the time, but because these guys are famous they get caught, and are, um, get exposed by the media.
Yes mate. They must get education about this by their clubs and employers but it still happens and also guys see the total embarrassment and ruination of others careers yet still put themselves in these situations themselves :(

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes mate. They must get education about this by their clubs and employers but it still happens and also guys see the total embarrassment and ruination of others careers yet still put themselves in these situations themselves :(
Yep.. but you know it always baffles me that some need education in terms of how they are to act or treat women..or actually anyone..because that is something you grow up learning from your family or at school..

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Tbf, it was the fairly obvious option.
Can see it both ways.
Pro: Most likely guy to be around in a few years with no baggage.
Con: Could break down at anytime and to a lesser extent, just don't like bowlers captaining.
Sad state though. Labby is the obvious long term choice but he's too off with the pixies. Who would u go with as keeper?

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Can see it both ways.
Pro: Most likely guy to be around in a few years with no baggage.
Con: Could break down at anytime and to a lesser extent, just don't like bowlers captaining.
Sad state though. Labby is the obvious long term choice but he's too off with the pixies. Who would u go with as keeper?
Alex Carey would have to be favourite, but I'd give Jimmy Peirson the nod. Can bat. Has captained a Sheffield Shoeld winning team.

I think Marnus should just be allowed to at and be a pest which is what he is good at.

I agree about fast bowlers being a risk re injury and Pat Cummins spent a lot of his Early career broken down, but seems in good shape these days.

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Alex Carey would have to be favourite, but I'd give Jimmy Peirson the nod. Can bat. Has captained a Sheffield Shoeld winning team.

I think Marnus should just be allowed to at and be a pest which is what he is good at.

I agree about fast bowlers being a risk re injury and Pat Cummins spent a lot of his Early career broken down, but seems in good shape these days.
Yeah - think Carey has had a leg up to get the nod and just hasn't done enough. S'pose its Pierson/Inglis with Phillipe the darky. I would have picked Inglis but he hasn't been playing. Phillipe has been scoring at Shield level and has 2 speeds which I like. Just don't think Phillipe is as good a keeper as Pierson though (and that for me is #1 priority). Tough call but betcha they pick Carey.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah - think Carey has had a leg up to get the nod and just hasn't done enough. S'pose its Pierson/Inglis with Phillipe the darky. I would have picked Inglis but he hasn't been playing. Phillipe has been scoring at Shield level and has 2 speeds which I like. Just don't think Phillipe is as good a keeper as Pierson though (and that for me is #1 priority). Tough call but betcha they pick Carey.
If you asked me 12-18 months ago I’d say Carey would be a certainty but he hasn’t really gone on with it and some very worthy contenders have arrived.

Personally I’d be going with Inglis. Love what he brings. My smokey is Sam Whiteman - been highly regarded for years and been part of quite a few ‘A’ teams. Probably the most technically correct of all contenders. Hit a daddy hundred in the shield last week and backed it up with runs in the one dayer today. Potentially just left his run a bit too late

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
If you asked me 12-18 months ago I’d say Carey would be a certainty but he hasn’t really gone on with it and some very worthy contenders have arrived.

Personally I’d be going with Inglis. Love what he brings. My smokey is Sam Whiteman - been highly regarded for years and been part of quite a few ‘A’ teams. Probably the most technically correct of all contenders. Hit a daddy hundred in the shield last week and backed it up with runs in the one dayer today. Potentially just left his run a bit too late
Whiteman is very good. He's also 29 and probably isn't the 2 speed guy that Inglis/Phillipe is. Its good though to have hard choices, fckng miles easier than trying to find a decent batsman.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Pretty good summation

Doogie

Kennel Lizard Lord
Reaction score
Pretty good summation
Well keeper/bowlers is easy. Right now, I'd be throwing some of the kids in to replace Warners partner, send Smith and Labbie to 3 and 4, kid at 5, Green 6, and keeper/bowlers after that. Look at India, they throw their better u19's in the deep end shortly after and look where they're at now (think Iver hit a 100 today). OK - we don't exactly have any decent U19's but same, same. Ward, Hunt, a few of those types of selections. Continuously thinking Harris?, Khawaja, Head etc. is the long term solution is ridiculous.

Good thing about kids, they get a few games grace b4 other teams plan. Whole world knows what to do with Khawaja, Head, Harris. Not liking depending on roads for my top order to score runs. Just my 2c...