Official Dogs snare Kikau in major signing coup

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
TPJ good chance of playing middle now and less chance Vaughan re-signed. Under those circumstances Kikau isn't a bad buy. I really don't think this affects signing a top hooker, e.g. Reed.
Vaughan will be a bench prop which he is supposed to be along with Patolo

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
we are going to be the school yard bullies again !!
players will be climbing over each other to join us now
also this will likely lock up burton long term
Penrith will be pissed off Deluxe

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Lose Flanagan Cotric and Thomson and a lot of dollars are made available - not sure if it is value for money for Kikau - time will tell

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
TPJ good chance of playing middle now and less chance Vaughan re-signed. Under those circumstances Kikau isn't a bad buy. I really don't think this affects signing a top hooker, e.g. Reed.
Even still, he's not worth the money. We need a hooker and fullback more than anything. Kikau is not an 800k player. He has four or five good games a year and does little to nothing every other week.

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even still, he's not worth the money. We need a hooker and fullback more than anything. Kikau is not an 800k player. He has four or five good games a year and does little to nothing every other week.
We have always needed a strike back rower also. That was always 3rd on the list I would say after 7 and 9. I believe Gus has plans on the 7 and 9 surely. Let’s hope Mahoney is secured.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm just worried that this will turn out to be She-Rex 2.0.. Kikau plays one good game every three or four weeks. Plus he'll be turning 28 in his first season with us.. A four year deal at that price is a massive risk especially when we have a lot of big money forwards as it is.
i think an early release is on the cards

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
We just signed TPJ for 750k to play second row. We have Thompson on 800k, Jackson on 600k and Vaughan on 450k so getting Kikau for 800k plus on a 4 year deal is a luxury we can't afford.

I don't know how we can get a rep calibre fullback, half or hooker with all that money tied up in forwards plus Cotric, Fox and Burton..

We'll be cap fucked for years with no balance in the team and still an average spine outside of Burton.
Only way this makes sense is if we already have Mahoney tied up

Dufty
Burton
BBO/Avo/Flanno
Mahoney

Must be the spine they are looking at long term

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TPJ's a good chance of playing middle now and less chance Vaughan re-signed. Under those circumstances Kikau isn't a bad buy. I really don't think this affects signing a top hooker, e.g. Reed. I would of preferred we used the Kikau money on a Manu or Gutherson but after those 2 no fullbacks I'd really want either.
Agree and some of the figures may be out Vaughan ain't on 4fitty is he? Jacko is on less than 600 on the cap? Thommo on less too...was TPJ 750 or 650? Fuck who knows.I get some of Btrains apprehension but think(hope)he will be a ripper
Plus I think rightly or wrongly their planning that Avo/BBO will be our 7 going forward into the premiership years.

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
It’s so much the player even though I think he is over rated, it’s the cash we are going to throw at him sigh

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Someone will have to be moved on. Most likely Cotric. Or eventually Thompson.
I mean it’s for next year. Don’t forget we have hetho as option. Rfm off contract.

No doubt wakeham and Stimson are on way more than they should be and they are off contract too.

Throw in who knows what Thompson does?

Jackson could retire?

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd fucking hope so. Like I said, Mahoney is worth that money more than Kikau. A good hooker has much more impact than a good second rower.
Exactly Kikau is not going to do shit if our hooker can’t decide which way to go when we have an over lap or pass to the feet of our halves. 800k is ridiculous