Sydney House Prices - Seriously Though WTF

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
So we just got a letter in the mail saying yah some fuckwit real estate agent who looks like he is a 22 year old cock head just sold so and so in your street for $2.8 million..

Granted it was a nice house but nowhere near a beach or water views and I love the inner west I do but if I’m almost paying three million for a fucking house I want to at least be able to see water if I stand on a ladder on top of my roof.

Sister in law sold up maybe 18 months ago in a house which she admits was a shithole on the princesshighway in Kogarah Bay but on the main road. New owners came in didn’t do any Reno’s (she found out because still in contact with old neighbour) and sold it 18 months later for $300,000 more….

So what’s the story every house is going to be worth $30 million in a few years????!???????

And how since every fucker lost their job in the last two years are people still paying $1.3 million for a house. What am I missing?

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Edit for clarity that wasn’t a flex we are in a unit and our place two years ago was so over expensive it wasn’t funny but a fraction of that price so I’m having a sick in the stomach Windge not a brag. We would love to own a house one day but seems not in Sydney. But I’m more interested in how people are doing it.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where I work a house in the street last year went for 5.8 million nice house priceless views, I was fortunate the old owner let me drink beers and swim in their infinity pool.few weeks ago direct across the street went for 7.7million 3 bedroom shack in desperate need of renos , 2 doors down we done a reno on a cottage few years back very small but sweet think they paid 2 million ,the agent knocked on their door after the last sale and said he can get 7 million. 5 fucking million Increase in 3 years !!!!!!!!! Wtf. You cannot fart in a corner of this house without smelling it the other side .where did all these millionaires coming from , I sure as fuck missed the memo

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
Where I work a house in the street last year went for 5.8 million nice house priceless views, I was fortunate the old owner let me drink beers and swim in their infinity pool.few weeks ago direct across the street went for 7.7million 3 bedroom shack in desperate need of renos , 2 doors down we done a reno on a cottage few years back very small but sweet think they paid 2 million ,the agent knocked on their door after the last sale and said he can get 7 million. 5 fucking million Increase in 3 years !!!!!!!!! Wtf. You cannot fart in a corner of this house without smelling it the other side .where did all these millionaires coming from , I sure as fuck missed the memo
Sounds like Balmain. Yeah it’s stupid it’s worth watching the four corners thing on crims overseas funnelling their money through Sydney property market to obtain legitimate wealth..

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like Balmain. Yeah it’s stupid it’s worth watching the four corners thing on crims overseas funnelling their money through Sydney property market to obtain legitimate wealth..
Lol half these people have houses in balmain, this is just " holiday " houses

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Sydney property market is just one big fat ponzi scheme that's only serving to widen the gap between the haves and have nots. And the goal is to get your foot onto the "property ladder" so you're not missing out on getting rich like everyone else. And its slowly spilling over into other markets.

I'm not going to suggest owning a home is a human right of some sort, but you should be able to buy as home without signing your life away for 30 years or relying on the bank of mum and dad.

But, does society even see it as a problem, and if so, what should be done about it? is the next question...

From the area

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love the Canterbury-Bankstown area which I’ve lived my whole life. But even a fibro shit box is over $1m it’s off it’s head. So hard to buy now. Then I look on the Gold Coast and for $600k you can get a modern home on the water. Although I’m not sure abou thow much work there is and how much you get paid.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I love the Canterbury-Bankstown area which I’ve lived my whole life. But even a fibro shit box is over $1m it’s off it’s head. So hard to buy now. Then I look on the Gold Coast and for $600k you can get a modern home on the water. Although I’m not sure abou thow much work there is and how much you get paid.
Gold Coast people are starting to complain about how "insane" pricing is there now. I think they are blaming southerners :grinning:

[re: wages. It all depends on what you do for a living. I think the lower wages outside Sydney thing is a little bit of a myth, or at least a stretch - i moved up here for the same money].

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Oh the Balmain crowd that also own the Pearl Beach holiday house..
Aye one dude has his holiday in pearly a few in Sydney couple o/s and a few scattered round Australia ,hoping worked on a few hoping he decides to send us o/s for a bit of work , won't happen but can dream I do like working holidays

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I Remember in 99 when my great grandmother died 1000sq block uncle said you should buy it I says 175k bahaaha that's to expensive same block today ......yeah makes me want to headbutt a wall really hard

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
I Remember in 99 when my great grandmother died 1000sq block uncle said you should buy it I says 175k bahaaha that's to expensive same block today ......yeah makes me want to headbutt a wall really hard
My father got offered to buy his great grandma’s place in the early 80’s which was a detached double size town house in Paddington which needed a lot of work and was abandoned but stayed in the family for years for $70,000. It was way way too much and the area was considered a ghetto. Lol it sold last time he dared to look for $8.9 mil..

Motherfucker could have got me into that generational wealth bracket the old dickhead… ha ha love ya dad

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The median house value increases by $850-$1000 per day and has done during a pandemic where the economy is supposed to be affected. It makes no sense but no one will do anything about it because too many people have huge mortgages so there can't be a massive correction without causing a massive market crash and the government don't give a fuck as they get huge amounts from stamp duty, land tax, property developments etc.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
My father got offered to buy his great grandma’s place in the early 80’s which was a detached double size town house in Paddington which needed a lot of work and was abandoned but stayed in the family for years for $70,000. It was way way too much and the area was considered a ghetto. Lol it sold last time he dared to look for $8.9 mil..

Motherfucker could have got me into that generational wealth bracket the old dickhead… ha ha love ya dad
A friend's grandma does recently in Kensignton or somewhere. She's lived in this house on a big block for her whole life, and so the property had been like a hundred years in the same hands. Just sold for about $6M. Pretty much every grandchild was given enough to go a long way to their own house deposits.

Yeah, your Dad made a mistake there :p

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The median house value increases by $850-$1000 per day and has done during a pandemic where the economy is supposed to be affected. It makes no sense but no one will do anything about it because too many people have huge mortgages so there can't be a massive correction without causing a massive market crash and the government don't give a fuck as they get huge amounts from stamp duty, land tax, property developments etc.
when it comes to the economy, a lot of "kicking the can down the road" goes on all the time at state and federal government levels. The "independent" tax office is deliberately not enforcing any debts at the moment until the election, and after the election, regardless of who wins, combined with the inevitable interest rate rises, there is going to be some "interesting" times ahead.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

Lol yep , I won't go into the villas in the north of Italy that my great grandfather had that my nona pissed of after ww2 for absolutely nothing ,ehhhhh I think I going to have a whiskey now I'm getting depressed lol.
I thought wog families were hell bent on accumulating properties and keeping them in the family, my wog family are absolute retards when it comes to property me included lol.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

My old man was offered claudios at the fish market a long time ago but decided to buy a fish and chip shop instead. Fucking idiot