The Formula One Thread

foREVerA7X

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fantastic race and RedBull once again showed how powerful the undercut was. It was France all over again.

Brilliant driving by both but props to Checo and both Ferraris who actually did well

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great race today. Good to see a challenge for the title this year. At least Verstappen is not having the same sort of brain farts that Vettel was having when he had a chance to win it a few years ago

As a Ferrari fan I hope they give Leclerc a competitive car next year because he's in the same class as Hamilton and Verstappen. Great race today by him. Was within 7 seconds of Perez and he crushed him teammate and the McLarens.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Great race today. Good to see a challenge for the title this year. At least Verstappen is not having the same sort of brain farts that Vettel was having when he had a chance to win it a few years ago

As a Ferrari fan I hope they give Leclerc a competitive car next year because he's in the same class as Hamilton and Verstappen. Great race today by him. Was within 7 seconds of Perez and he crushed him teammate and the McLarens.
Leclerc could win a world title or 2 if his car was as good as Hamilton and Max's.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Great drive from Danny Ric, getting his head around the Mclaren now and showing Lando there is plenty left in the tank. Ferrari improving and had the edge on Mclaren in Texas.

Perez was impressive all weekend until the race were his pace didn’t match qualy and Bottas was the same.

The Redbull is a match for the Merc now so Max and Lewis have a genuine championship battle happening that reminds me of Senna/Prost but better because it’s two different teams.

The last 3 races in the Middle East could end up being epic. Mexico should be fun.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I don't think Leclerc is on the same level as Max or Lewis. Maybe in 2 or 3 years
In 2019 Leclerc finished only 14 points behind Max in the standings in a worse car. He can certainly challenge for the title if his car was as good as theirs.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
In 2019 Leclerc finished only 14 points behind Max in the standings in a worse car. He can certainly challenge for the title if his car was as good as theirs.
Yeah but this season max has stepped it up a massive amount. Not saying Leclerc is shit but he's still a couple of years away from being up there

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yeah but this season max has stepped it up a massive amount. Not saying Leclerc is shit but he's still a couple of years away from being up there
You're basing that on his performances in a shit car. Ferrari have been terrible this year and it's not his fault.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think Leclerc is on the same level as Max or Lewis. Maybe in 2 or 3 years
Agreed, he is very good but still a couple of years from his peak. People tend to forget how long Max has been around in F1. He has almost 140 GP starts which is almost double Charles.

He, Norris, Russell and the likes of Piastri and Jnr Shuey will probably be the future stars over the next 5-10 years.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Agreed, he is very good but still a couple of years from his peak. People tend to forget how long Max has been around in F1. He has almost 140 GP starts which is almost double Charles.

He, Norris, Russell and the likes of Piastri and Jnr Shuey will probably be the future stars over the next 5-10 years.
Yeah they're the next challenger group to come through. The future looks bright

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
And you're basing it on max in 2019, who was way off what he is now
Max was a good driver in 2019. Yes he's improved but there is no way to tell if Leclerc has also or not.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Max was a good driver in 2019. Yes he's improved but there is no way to tell if Leclerc has also or not.
So how do you say with confidence that he would be on the same level as Max and Lewis with a better car?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah they're the next challenger group to come through. The future looks bright
It does but hopefully the new regs for 22 really mix things up. This year has been a good mix of winners and podiums and the battle of Mercedes/Redbull has been a cracker with Perez finally providing some competition and support for Max that has been missing since Danny left.

DR still has a championship in him if they can get a car on the same level as Merc/Redbull.

UmoGus

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It does but hopefully the new regs for 22 really mix things up. This year has been a good mix of winners and podiums and the battle of Mercedes/Redbull has been a cracker with Perez finally providing some competition and support for Max that has been missing since Danny left.

DR still has a championship in him if they can get a car on the same level as Merc/Redbull.
I really hope McLaren can sort it out, Daniel still has fight in him. I doubt they do it that quick though

Family Guy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So how do you say with confidence that he would be on the same level as Max and Lewis with a better car?
IMO it goes back to his second victory in Monza in 2019. He kept the faster Mercs, first Lewis and then Bottas, behind him for the entire race despite them being within 1 second of him. That was a sign of his maturity and championship quality right there especially for a driver in his second year. The only other drivers who could have done that would have been Max and Lewis.

Like Max and Lewis, he's able to overachieve in his car which is why I have him in the same category. Is he exactly at their level at this stage of his career - who knows as it's impossible to tell but if Ferrari give him a car that is equal to that of the Red Bull and Merc, next year will be a exciting year with Max, Lewis and Charles fighting it out.

FMD 22 is shaping up to be a good sporting year for me - Dogs, Ferrari and Liverpool. Could it be 3 premierships in the same year?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
IMO it goes back to his second victory in Monza in 2019. He kept the faster Mercs, first Lewis and then Bottas, behind him for the entire race despite them being within 1 second of him. That was a sign of his maturity and championship quality right there especially for a driver in his second year. The only other drivers who could have done that would have been Max and Lewis.

Like Max and Lewis, he's able to overachieve in his car which is why I have him in the same category. Is he exactly at their level at this stage of his career - who knows as it's impossible to tell but if Ferrari give him a car that is equal to that of the Red Bull and Merc, next year will be a exciting year with Max, Lewis and Charles fighting it out.

FMD 22 is shaping up to be a good sporting year for me - Dogs, Ferrari and Liverpool. Could it be 3 premierships in the same year?
Bulldogs will barely make the 8 let alone win the title

Caveman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can't wait to see young Oscar piastre come through, he has looked a level above in both f2 and f3.