News Buzz Rothfield: Matt Dufty has admitted he signed his St George Illawarra death warrant by failing to obey Anthony Griffin’s orders

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Cody Walker was 26 before he started to make a mark. ( even though he is a fuck knuckle)
He didn't debut until then, Dufty has been playing for like 5 seasons lol. Dufty is a reject that no other club wanted that we signed on the cheap, simple as that. All these comparisons are ridiculous because he's basically on his last chance in the NRL right now and nothing like a former Dally M medalist.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He didn't debut until then, Dufty has been playing for like 5 seasons lol. Dufty is a reject that no other club wanted that we signed on the cheap, simple as that. All these comparisons are ridiculous because he's basically on his last chance in the NRL right now and nothing like a former Dally M medalist.
I think you have painted yourself into a corner. Even if he goes ok you have already decided he will fail.

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate, you can only move a turd so many spaces on a chess board.
I agree mate not a whole lot you can do with the cattle we had this year but at times the side just seemed to revert back to the pay style of attack when under fatigue hoping for a better 2022

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Makes sense. He got yanked straight after the best game I've seen him play. They won that match and Dufty dominated. Why he wouldn't want him to play instinctively I have no idea. The best fullbacks in the game all play instinctively and have free reign to do what they want in attack.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think you have painted yourself into a corner. Even if he goes ok you have already decided he will fail.
I'm not doing anything other than being realistic. He has ability but he also has a stack of flaws and people thinking he's going to magically eradicate these flaws midway through his career are being ridiculous. He's going to drop bombs, even fail to contest them and TK is going to have a meltdown...and that's only one of many flaws.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Have to agree, all new recruits will have a BIG year for us.!! Dufty spoke very positively about our club and being here. These are the kind of players Weber been looking for and needing for a LONG time..!!
Is this another Vaughan BBQ reference? ;)

Always a Bulldog.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why are people talking about tackling trying to excuse him? Look at him trying to defuse bombs and grubbers LOL. Defence is more than just tackling and he has been by far the worst defensive fullback in the league for years. Hopefully he turns it around but the club better have another option or two up their sleeve.
Everyone just needs to read this and realise Nado is a better idea for us at FB

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Which Ben barba were u watching,great attacking weapon for both us and the sharks,but was targeted by every nrl club defensively,and he was real heart attack material under the highballs.
I was being sarcastic, Barba was the worst defensive fullback I’ve ever seen. Yet was there purely for his attacking brilliance

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Defensively the major role of a FB is to constantly set & reset the defense line, that's where Billy Slater excel. ( constantly talking & directing the defensive line) Then there is positional play, defusing attacking kicks both short & high balls. (Especially in the modern game with higher % of tries from kicks.) One on one defensive tackles still need to be made but does not influence the game results as much as the first two roles. Let's hope he can perform his defensive role are adequately, because he is definitely an instinctive attacking player.

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Dufty scored 2 tries on 4 occassions this season. That's pretty decent stuff. One game had 5 try assists alone.

44 tries from 80 games. 15 games for 10 tries this season.
The game he had 5 assists he had 4 or 5 try causes too