News Buzz Rothfield: Matt Dufty has admitted he signed his St George Illawarra death warrant by failing to obey Anthony Griffin’s orders

dogon

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Bloke seems like a moron
NRL players are our modern day gladiators while we sit safe in our seats they put their heads where we would not put our feet. I guess this adds to why some seem to be a little strange at times.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Dufty is the best attacking fullback we have had for a while. It is disappointing to see some kenneller's rubbish the guy
even before he has a chance to show what he's got.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
That was my point. was being sarcastic, Barba didn’t even try and tackle guys just let them past.
Ahh, sorry hard to pick up on sarcasm in text sometimes.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'll be good if I get what I want and I don't like tackling very much!
I dont really care if he is not a defensive machine. We signed him for his attack.
Good old Frothfield, loves to print stuff about the dogs, I suppose more people read that then articles about the sharks.

I don't rate Griffin at all these days, let's just see how Dufty goes next year.
Apparently he is a massive douche bag! I have a friend who played under him at the broncos and he despises him! Said he is a complete fuckwit. So im not surprised he puts players noses out of joint.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If a decision is made to play Dufty at fullback (and the same goes for Jake at 7) I hope Barrett gives them time and doesn't chop and change like he did this year. Barrett might have been able to get away with changing the team around every week this year but I doubt it's going to be tolerated in 22 especially if it doesn't get results.
I think his constant changes were brought about by a complete lack of success. If we start winning next year there will be no need to chop and change all the time.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You're right, but if Dufty is falling for dummies to no one and continually being out of position and not defusing kicks then it's hard not to scrap him right there and then..
Serious question, in your entire life, have you ever wokn up in the morning and thought to yourself, today is going to be a great day???

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Thought main point here is hes not taking instructions if he doesnt like them.
Thats not the point whatsoever. You need to coach players to their strengths. Duftys strength is his off the cuff creativity. Griffen tried to coach it out of him. Who would want to listen to that??

Reactions: 88

CCC

Kennel Established
Reaction score
All great leaders know that to get the best out of people you focus on their strengths (and giving them every opportunity to exploit them) and don’t try and make them something they aren’t. Hooks problem with Dufty - but in the end he is now picking players whose strengths match his game plan. Hopefully Baz has a game plan to exploit Dufty’s strengths….

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I dont really care if he is not a defensive machine. We signed him for his attack.

Apparently he is a massive douche bag! I have a friend who played under him at the broncos and he despises him! Said he is a complete fuckwit. So im not surprised he puts players noses out of joint.
I cant recall Dufty ever being at the Broncos.

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his constant changes were brought about by a complete lack of success. If we start winning next year there will be no need to chop and change all the time.
Yep it’s a tough one. You can’t keep picking the same players if they are not producing the goods. Flanno had the first 9 games to cement his spot and he couldn’t.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yep it’s a tough one. You can’t keep picking the same players if they are not producing the goods. Flanno had the first 9 games to cement his spot and he couldn’t.
Our whole squad is a massive improvement on this year, so im expecting Baz will stick solid.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
major fuck up by Griffin, thought the objective is to get the player fighting on the field not against the coach of the field. Communication in and around his defence would be a key to shift/develop/lift him just a little in his game, even if managing his ego in necessary. We will need to defend to go top 4.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everyone just needs to read this and realise Nado is a better idea for us at FB
It’s very very rare anyone is 100% percent in every aspect of their position. I think dufty will be good for us and hopefully he’s working on getting better.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm not doing anything other than being realistic. He has ability but he also has a stack of flaws and people thinking he's going to magically eradicate these flaws midway through his career are being ridiculous. He's going to drop bombs, even fail to contest them and TK is going to have a meltdown...and that's only one of many flaws.

CanterburybankstownBD

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Our attack this and previous years has been utter garbage. I get excited looking at Matt Duftys highlights reel. With the ball in hand he is an attacking weapon. Scoring trys from one end of the field to the other. I'm sure Trent and Gus can help fix his other faults. But you can't coach speed. Which he and our new recruits have. Matt, I hope you score 20 plus tries this year and a hattrick against St George just to rub it in! Good luck, and welcome to the our club!
Watched his highlights reel after reading your comment, wow, if we get our attack firing and in sync he's a great finisher! and his speed is awesome!!