Shaun Johnson was 95% close to signing

KingBurton

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Who cares though? He signed elsewhere. He's past his prime. He's incredibly injury prone. He's inconsistent and misses a tonne of tackles. And we signed over a dozen new players. We wouldn't have signed TPJ or Vaughan if we signed Johnson. So now we have a better squad because he changed his mind. He did us a favour.
I just thought it was interesting and provided some insights chill?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I just thought it was interesting and provided some insights chill?
We already knew all of this though. We knew he was close to signing and it was pretty much a done deal until he changed his mind last minute and went back to the Warriors.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We already knew all of this though. We knew he was close to signing and it was pretty much a done deal until he changed his mind last minute and went back to the Warriors.
To be fair, fuckface Johnson acted like we were a joke and never an option. Fuck the prick and thank fuck we didn’t sign him. @Mutt Dafty love child is a way better option than SJ. (Although BBO would be better..)

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
To be fair, fuckface Johnson acted like we were a joke and never an option. Fuck the prick and thank fuck we didn’t sign him. @Mutt Dafty love child is a way better option than SJ. (Although BBO would be better..)
None of us ever believed that at the time though. He was only saying that because he signed with the Warriors and wanted to make it seem like they were his first choice all along. Most players do that. All reporting and information on here confirmed how close we were to signing him which debunked what Johnson said afterwards.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We deliberately dodged him at the death. Gus would have been "Unofficially" working for us.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Probably regretting it now that Gus is at the dogs.
I would too, we will finish above the warriors next season anyway. He would have been nice but whatever.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
http://instagr.am/p/CU1rNwJNvJr/
Holy shit it was literally done. He even spoke to Burton after that match. Interesting how he says he likes what Barrett said and his vision. Shows we can sell ourselves to prospective recruits
Most sources on here revealed he was pretty close but backflipped the last second when the Warriors offered him more $$$. Going back to your junior club and homeland will have a significant pull.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like averilo and wakeham they will both get much better ,but at the moment a bit of time in the reggies will do both of them very good,averilos kicking game is absolute one dimensional

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wanted us to shgn Soaun Jinsom

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We should of had Gus before he went to the Warriors.
Did you forget about the Andersons etc?

"Gould said the only viable option for the club was to remove the board and senior administrators for a fresh start. The alternative is to persevere and risk completely crippling the franchise.

"I don't know what the answer is but I know, I just know the answer is not persevering with the people that are there," Gould said.

"They've got to understand that it's hurting the club. If you are a player looking to go and play with a club, how high on the list is the Bulldogs? Which means the ones you get access to are going to be way down the list, you're going to pay a premium for it, it's going to eat up your salary cap very quickly again and you're going to be no more competitive than you are this year.

"I just can't see it working until they resolve that mess behind the scenes. It's all got to be disbanded and someone else has got to be given a go at it because what they promised hasn't been delivered. At the moment, this is the problem with the Bulldogs. It's the toxicity, internally, at these levels".

Last edited:

CQDog

Kennel Legend
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
So ignore the post FFS .. your input has been nothing less then what you’re accusing him of.
I was responding to him. He responded to
Mine and stated that its news and i was showing it how it wasnt news. Cry just sharing my opinion dont be on a forum if u cant take my words.