Melbourne riot/protest

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Anyone have any actual evidence of urine on the war memorial or vaxclinic workers getying spat on? I'm seeing news reports but no actual photo or video, which is odd considering everyone has a cameraphone and lelbourne is blanketed in cctv.
No photographic evidence of the urinators as far as I know....or the spitting....but two vax clinics have been shut down....plenty of images have been shared of protesters harassing motorists, blocking freeways, kicking parked cars, standing on the hoods of occupied cars, etc. Safe to say they aren't all exactly acting like angels.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't be bothered or cant actually give me a good reason why you're trusting the people who keep telling lies?

Dw I asked Hacky, who unlike you isnt a retard and he didnt have an answer either.
Didn't I get back to you?

Sorry. My response would be a number of things:

1) the idea changed from "flatten the curve" to "zero covid" because the state governments managed to drop cases down so far. But they did it using long term lockdowns against the advice of the WHO, and it became a safety blanket which has come back to haunt us. BTW, the WHO advice is still that lockdowns should be short. Not months like our states have done

2) the vaccine reduces transmission because it reduces how long someone is infectious. There has been many cases of people being infectious for 1-2 days (and not weeks like unvaccinated)

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
You mean the disgraceful fucks who hide behind the publics love of the ANZACs so the can run perverse pokie mills that cheat retired people out of thei pension and super? You ever actually asked a digger what they think of the RSL? Be prepared to hear a lot of 4 letter words.
No I don’t mean that at all.
And I guess you’re too young to have known any of the original diggers who didn’t feel that way at all about their local club and supported them. But say whatever you want to get an angle and as usual you’re angry. You need a massage - except now I have competition - @PE Teacher 21 is also gay apparently :-).

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
No photographic evidence of the urinators as far as I know....or the spitting....but two vax clinics have been shut down....plenty of images have been shared of protesters harassing motorists, blocking freeways, kicking parked cars, standing on the hoods of occupied cars, etc. Safe to say they aren't all exactly acting like angels.
I agree with the last part.

Do you agree it suspicious that the media are making fairly outrageous claims with no evidence to back them up? What effect do you think these unsubstantiated claims are having on public opin re: protestors?

Seems fishy to me. Youd think a protest that was being filmed by half the people participating in it would have more evidence of these rather appalling accusations of urinating on war memorials, right?

So I can think of an explaination for why the media would lie, but I cant really think of a satisfying explaination of why there is a complete dearth of evidence substantiating the rather outrageous claims that the media is making.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
"No u are!"

Wow. Scathing insult. Im wounded. Come up with that one yourself did you or did you need to ask a 5 year old for help?

Contradicting yourself there dummy. Earlier, you said the construction shutdown was because there were construction related infections of this super scary virus which has contributed to the death of 75 people <60 years of age. In the 20 months it has been rampaging the country?
So which is it?

Why do you flak for scumbag pollies for free on the internet in your spare time? At least the journo Judas' get their 30 pieces of silver. All youre getting is called a poof...
Pass on my regards to your father

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No I don’t mean that at all.
And I guess you’re too young to have known any of the original diggers who didn’t feel that way at all about their local club and supported them. But say whatever you want to get an angle and as usual you’re angry. You need a massage - except now I have competition - @PE Teacher 21 is also gay apparently :-).
Hes all yours.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
the idea changed from "flatten the curve" to "zero covid" because the state governments managed to drop cases down so far. But they did it using long term lockdowns against the advice of the WHO, and it became a safety blanket which has come back to haunt us. BTW, the WHO advice is still that lockdowns should be short. Not months like our states have done
That still doesn't really give me any reason to trust that we will leave lockdowns behind once we hit whatever vax target.

I suspect that once we hit x% our pollies will say that we really need y% then it turns out ackshully we need x% of boosters and then it will be the vax is ineffective against whatever variant we're on at that stage and of course through all this, lots of lockdowns.

But we'll get a few bites of the carrot in between ever more forceful whacks with the stick

My advice to everyone would be to enjoy whatever limited freedom we get back over the summer because I suspect that the lockdown that follows will be even longer and gayer than this one

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I want to go to Melbourne and riot, maybe pickup a couple of PS5 controllers to get ready for FIFA.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Seems fishy to me. Youd think a protest that was being filmed by half the people participating in it would have more evidence of these rather appalling accusations of urinating on war memorials, right?
You mean like the crap doing laps on the interwebs that said Police ‘bashed a protestor to death?’ OK.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"No u are!"

Wow. Scathing insult. Im wounded. Come up with that one yourself did you or did you need to ask a 5 year old for help?

Contradicting yourself there dummy. Earlier, you said the construction shutdown was because there were construction related infections of this super scary virus which has contributed to the death of 75 people <60 years of age. In the 20 months it has been rampaging the country?
So which is it?

Why do you flak for scumbag pollies for free on the internet in your spare time? At least the journo Judas' get their 30 pieces of silver. All youre getting is called a poof...
Ooh.. you are an angry little Elf..

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Possibly, but the mentality is the same.
The guy in your photo doesn't know how to spell "scientist" you dont know how to discern whether something occured in your own country or not via massive context clues like street signage.

I think you are equally stupid.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
You mean like the crap doing laps on the interwebs that said Police ‘bashed a protestor to death?’ OK.
The differnece is no one in their right mind assumes dubious shit on fb is accurate. People actually expect publically funded news organisation like OUR abc to not lie about the very tax paying Aussies who fund it, on behalf of the government brutalising its own people.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
You sure about that?
Why does it spread like wildfire then?
For shits and giggles? Don’t think so…
A lot of people are stupid, which is exactly why we need authoritative, trustworthy media, who don't lie on behalf of politicians.

Does the fact that people lie on fb really make the dishonest media more palatable to you? I dpnt even know what point you are trying to make.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
"No u are!"

I don’t need to engage with the deranged or those that are an embarrassment to the majority of Aussies.

Like I already said..

Yep, these are the type of feral scum that some here proudly defend, make excuses for their behaviour and want to call freedom fighters.
What a fucking joke..
If the shoe fits champ, put it on.