Tevita pangai jr to debut for penrith

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm a little more optimistic. I'm hoping he didn't want to change much for this year because he wasn't certain who of the playing group would be here next season. (Fully expect Jackson to play the 75% Yeo role)

I'm hoping with more talent he is smart enough to juggle some things around to accentuate the players he has.
The problem is that Jacko cant play the Yeo role. He doesnt have the passing skills.

Yeo is very good with the ball. Jacko isnt. His passes generally miss the mark

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
And TPJ is potentially a better prop than both of them.
I personally wouldn't of bought Vaughan and played TPJ prop instead. Once Vaughan was signed I put a line through TPJ in the middle but we'll see soon I guess.

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seumanufagai and Patolo are fine to play small bench minutes (even Asiata) Thompson and Vaughan are big minute props.
in that case, then I would play TPJ as a Taumalolo style middle third lock IF RFM can return to full fitness (or close to)

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I personally wouldn't of bought Vaughan and played TPJ prop instead. Once Vaughan was signed I put a line through TPJ in the middle but we'll see soon I guess.
TPJ will play in the middle along with Thompson, Vaughn, Avo and Patolo. I can see Jacko going to an edge. If they keep jacko as a ball playing 13 then id say TPJ starts from the bench.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Because Schoupp is a left centre he's young still learning the game so you cant move him.
Naden can play both sides.
Mmm, are we sure Schoupp is even in the Round 1 team next year? I have a feeling Barrett is going to give Allen first shot.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The problem is that Jacko cant play the Yeo role. He doesnt have the passing skills.

Yeo is very good with the ball. Jacko isnt. His passes generally miss the mark
Yeah, he doesn't have Yeo's running game either - that's what I meant by the 75%

The passing game should improve with reps though.

Waldo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
TPJ and Vaughn in the middle
Jackson and Hetherington on edge (Jackson to bench when RMF fit)
Thommo at lock
Asiata on bench

Bulldogsteve

Banned
Premium Member
In the Sin Bin
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did you see Jacko play on an edge in 2020 ?

Blokes were running around him with ease. Too slow for an edge these days
must be watching a different game, jackson defence in middle or edge is second to none. I think he needs to play less game time imo tho to fit in RFM on a edge. keeps him fresh also

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TPJ will play in the middle along with Thompson, Vaughn, Avo and Patolo. I can see Jacko going to an edge. If they keep jacko as a ball playing 13 then id say TPJ starts from the bench.
Care to put a wager on that?