• I don't know

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Can you repeat the question?

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
All this will do is lead to discrimination. Let the Heard get their vaccines and let EVERYONE start living again.

PS: This is coming from someone pro-vaccine.
I’m already seeing it at the Dog park (the only place I go these days) where I haven’t had my second jab yet and we will be talking about Covid (the only thing people talk about these days) and someone will casually say oh your fully vaccinated though aren’t you? And I’ll say nah October 14th and they don’t even know they do it but they go ohhh and take the slightest step back. I can’t imagine in a few months people that choose not to get it how they will be treated.

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
All this will do is lead to discrimination. Let the Heard get their vaccines and let EVERYONE start living again.

PS: This is coming from someone pro-vaccine.
Fair enough but why should 80% of people have to get vaccinated and take that “risk” when the rest don’t bother, put everyone at more risk but get the same “rewards”?

In my opinion discrimination is usually but not always about things someone cannot change ie race, being gay etc. There is no valid reason that 99.9999% of the adult population cannot get vaccinated and the rest are eligible for a medical exemption so it’s not really discrimination, it’s their personal choice to let others do the heavy lifting for them for whatever invalid reason

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
no i meant the ones in the last century who just had to put up with pariah status and being 2nd class citizens

if they make unvaccinated people sit at the back of the bus then it would be symbolic
Still a dumb comparison.

You have a choice if you want to be vaccinated or not.

If your African American, you are African American, can't change your skin colour.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Still a dumb comparison.

You have a choice if you want to be vaccinated or not.

If your African American, you are African American, can't change your skin colour.
what has that got to do with anything?, im talking about how they felt

its a good comparison and yes they had a choice to remain living in america or not so you should blame them as well

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
what has that got to do with anything?, im talking about how they felt

its a good comparison and yes they had a choice to remain living in america or not so you should blame them as well
One has a choice to take a path the other has no choice.

A stupid comparison.

Try again.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
One has a choice to take a path the other has no choice.

A stupid comparison.

Try again.
one feels bad because they can't do things, the other feels bad because they can't do things

good comparison

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
After starting to use the QR codes I was getting so many spam callers. My phone didn’t ring for them so I didn’t care much but I changed my number (Telstra issue) without updating service NSW and haven’t had a single spam caller in months
I would assume that's due to whoever created the QR reader you downloaded using it as a low key phishing system. I once entered a draw for a TV at a supermarket and it turned out they were giving away a $1000 TV but making a lot more money selling peoples contact details for marketing. Copped calls for months after that from random businesses.

As for the vaccine passport, at no stage will the vaccine prevent you from getting Covid or spreading it. It'll just mean that you can fight the virus more easily due to having developed immunity from the vaccine. People without the vaccine will have no tools in their immune response due to this being a pretty much unseen virus. So to me it seems that this passport system and the premise of allowing people out and about when they've got one is just a psychological tool to convince people that are reluctant to get the vaccine to actually go out and get it. I saw other people proposing that the government offer people who are fully vaccinated a one off payment which I'd assume they're reluctant to do.

So basically this vaccination passport seems like a means to convince people that they'll have more personal freedom if they get the jabs. Quite possibly in response to the fact that quite a lot of people fail to see that vaccination for their own good and for the good of people with compromised immune systems.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
So basically this vaccination passport seems like a means to convince people that they'll have more personal freedom if they get the jabs. Quite possibly in response to the fact that quite a lot of people fail to see that vaccination for their own good and for the good of people with compromised immune systems.
or quite possibly because pfizer will give them a huge bonus check if it happens

they didn't lockdown when people failed to see that skin cancer was bad and tanning was bad

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
I would assume that's due to whoever created the QR reader you downloaded using it as a low key phishing system. I once entered a draw for a TV at a supermarket and it turned out they were giving away a $1000 TV but making a lot more money selling peoples contact details for marketing. Copped calls for months after that from random businesses.

As for the vaccine passport, at no stage will the vaccine prevent you from getting Covid or spreading it. It'll just mean that you can fight the virus more easily due to having developed immunity from the vaccine. People without the vaccine will have no tools in their immune response due to this being a pretty much unseen virus. So to me it seems that this passport system and the premise of allowing people out and about when they've got one is just a psychological tool to convince people that are reluctant to get the vaccine to actually go out and get it. I saw other people proposing that the government offer people who are fully vaccinated a one off payment which I'd assume they're reluctant to do.

I’m not surprised mate. Remember those Australia post surveys? They were terrible for it.
There are studies showing being vaccinated significantly reduces your risk of transmission to others but I see your point too

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Fair enough but why should 80% of people have to get vaccinated and take that “risk” when the rest don’t bother, put everyone at more risk but get the same “rewards”?

In my opinion discrimination is usually but not always about things someone cannot change ie race, being gay etc. There is no valid reason that 99.9999% of the adult population cannot get vaccinated and the rest are eligible for a medical exemption so it’s not really discrimination, it’s their personal choice to let others do the heavy lifting for them for whatever invalid reason
I actually feel very sorry for the kids of anti vaxx parents who pretty much have no choice in the matter of whether they get vaccines for issues that we've actually already found solutions to in the pas. Would hate to think that any child might have to one day go through something like Polio because their parents fail to learn the lessons history taught.

I know through one of my friends from my uni days that there are quite a large group of people that suffer the Dunning Kruger effect (basically thinking they're smarter than anyone else because they adhere to an idea that isn't widely accepted). This mate of mine has protested 5g, mask wearing and vaccination among a host of other things that they feel are restrictions of their personal freedoms. I personally think they choose some pretty stupid protests to get behind. It's more about them feeling like they're fighting a corrupt system than actually having knowledge on any of the things they're protesting. I know that this mate of mine continuously spouts about numerous studies that supposedly exist but which he hasn't read as counter arguments when presented with facts and figures. I refuse to get involved with the bullshit because I know I'll eventually tell him what a fuckwit he sounds like. Nice bloke otherwise, but it's hard to read his outraged dribble with the occasional misused big words without feeling a mixture of pity and anger when he accuses people of not being as intelligent because they don't adhere to his brain farts.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was always voting for the mandatory passport idea as I am pro vax, but I have had a change of heart because I can see the issues it will create by some minority's. I think I would rather wait until we have 80% double vaxed and then open up. The only thing we should then still do is protect those that cant be vaccinated for a genuine medical reason.

For the rest, they made their choice and they can deal with the consciences whatever they are. If business doesn't want to allow unvaccinated to visit or work for them, just like it was your choice not to be vaxed its their choice not to serve or hire you. If foreign country's don't want to allow you to visit or airlines don't want to carry you, its their choice as well.

If you want a choice then we all should also have a choice, it has to work both ways and not just be another minority group stamping its feet until the bleeding hearts change rules just for them..

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not surprised mate. Remember those Australia post surveys? They were terrible for it.
There are studies showing being vaccinated significantly reduces your risk of transmission to others but I see your point too
I know it reduces the risk of transmitting Covid, but doesn't eliminate the risk entirely.

I refuse to do surveys of any sort anymore either. I'm not sure if I did an Australia post one specifically, but I got one over the phone once and then had companies calling for a while afterwards with promises that it'll only take 2-3 minutes. That's enough time for me to masturbate and I'd rather do that.

KambahOne

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you have a legitimate medical reason not to get vaccinated, pregnant, existing health concerns etc, than that should display on your passport allowing the same freedoms as those vaccinated.

However anti-vaxxers that choose not to get vaccinated because they are gullible morons are disease spreading vermin and should be treated as such.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I’m already seeing it at the Dog park (the only place I go these days) where I haven’t had my second jab yet and we will be talking about Covid (the only thing people talk about these days) and someone will casually say oh your fully vaccinated though aren’t you? And I’ll say nah October 14th and they don’t even know they do it but they go ohhh and take the slightest step back. I can’t imagine in a few months people that choose not to get it how they will be treated.
Meanwhile at my dog park a Malamute picked up Pomeranian and it threw it in the air. The Pomeranian sounded like a squeaky toy hahaha.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
On the people who think they can’t get vaccinated for health reasons I heard a very respected professor state those people don’t exist and there is a vaccine for everyone. If anyone is interested I’ll find the interview.

Doctors are being inundated with people wanting medical exemptions despite not being eligible. For anyone interested this is the actual form doctors need to fill out
CD96BE96-E4E9-4AA2-99ED-2C6F471524EF.jpeg
6C0BC6F5-AA0B-48A9-B67C-898D843F1ED3.jpeg

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Vaccination experts weigh in on how we can get to 80 per cent COVID jabs
Pretty good article there. Among the many categories of people they were talking about in there I'd say that once my age group became eligible I was working a lot and the waiting list was putting me off. So convincing people now that it's not going to be a huge hassle becomes a part of the struggle. The NSW state government strategy seems to currently be to blame individuals for all these Covid issues to avert blame from themelves. So I don't think they're going to have an easy time in finding strategies to convince the hesitant people

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Vaccination experts weigh in on how we can get to 80 per cent COVID jabs
Simple move to nsw we hit 80% first doses today and still climbing, we can ship a bunch of covid munchers to qld and Kim jong McGowan land see how quick people get the jab then

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

So you'd rather push everyone down in spite? They're human beings as well and for different reasons don't want to get the jab. Let's not paint them all with the same brush and watch them suffer just because we think we deserve the rewards.