Covid-19 related debates (argue in this thread only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
He was a bus driver for years before Covid. But he chose to die from it for his choice of work. Right. I guess by that rationale you can expect repercussions for your choice of being a shit talker. Good. Don’t call people ‘aspi’ etc when you have zero idea about people and their circumstances let alone being devoid of facts. #KeyboardWarrior
Why are you using hashtags on a forum? Boomer moment lol.

And yeah, catching a virus is a known possibility of doing a public facing job. Just like crashes are a known possibility of driving a bus. He chose to accept those risks.

Aren't "you have zero idea about people and their circumstances" and "let alone being devoid of facts" the same thing? Take your memory pills mate, you're having a senior moment and repeating yourself.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Why are you using hashtags on a forum? Boomer moment lol.

And yeah, catching a virus is a known possibility of doing a public facing job. Just like crashes are a known possibility of driving a bus. He chose to accept those risks.

Aren't "you have zero idea about people and their circumstances" and "let alone being devoid of facts" the same thing? Take your memory pills mate, you're having a senior moment and repeating yourself.
Right, so what you’re saying is he should’ve given up his job that he’d done for years when Covid came along and done something else. At 53 years old. OK.

A senior moment? Boomer?
You’ve just proved again you have no idea.
But - I’ve absolutely proven you’re a shit talker.
On yer bike Princess :-).

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
Right, so what you’re saying is he should’ve given up his job that he’d done for years when Covid came along and done something else. At 53 years old. OK.

A senior moment? Boomer?
You’ve just proved again you have no idea.
But - I’ve absolutely proven you’re a shit talker.
On yer bike Princess :-).
I'm not saying he should have done this or that, i'm saying that is the risk and he chose to accept it. Just the same as loggers accept the risk of falling out of trees, soldiers accept the risk of IED's, etc.

How are you not getting this? Are you senile or just really dumb? Both? Both + massively gay too?

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I'm not saying he should have done this or that, i'm saying that is the risk and he chose to accept it. Just the same as loggers accept the risk of falling out of trees, soldiers accept the risk of IED's, etc.

How are you not getting this? Are you senile or just really dumb? Both? Both + massively gay too?
So we’re now comparing bus drivers to soldiers in terms of occupational risk. But I’m the dumb one :tearsofjoy:.

I’ll let you get back to repeating your final exams at troll school - it’s clear you failed the first attempt :-).

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
study number 9 from iran they tested 4 different ways and doses of ivermectin with 30 people each compared to 60 in the control group

once again its a win for ivermectin because they had 4 deaths from 120 compared to 11/60, this was a late treatment situation so i imagine that means after it has progressed to a more serious case

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Thats totally debateble. If we went total bubble boy mode with people >60 and let people <60love normally we would have had way more infection and way fewer deaths because mortality is practically zero for young people.

But thats conjecture and i'm not particularly interested in that.

Its not higher than 0.7 per day on a 365 day average, which is a more holistic way to measure mortality than cherry picking flu season beacause of heightened mortality (you wouldn't need to rely on dishonest framing if you were right).
70% is not a "moderate estimation" ffs what model are you using Neil Ferguson on steroids? Btw can you actually point to a single model that turned out to be strongly predictive? I remember hearing some pretty crazy modelling 18 months ago that all turned out to be pants-shittingly stupid.
It's a moderate estimate because Covid-19 has a minimal susceptibility of 80%. Meaning if there is zero vaccinations, no social distancing, no mask use, no travel restrictions, no isolation. At least 80% of contacts will get infected. The only infections are those who avoid contact with large groups.

Your claim that covid is the scariest thing in the world and we have to upend our live to combat it and its horrifying 0.5% mortality rate is scare mongering.
I never made that claim.

My claim that the vax is potential dangerous is 100% objective truth that no sensible person would disagree with and I only bring it up becaise you made an analogy about arsenic withput the selfawareness to notice how silly it was.
But is it more dangerous than not being vaccinated?

Unlike James Brown we're not Living in America, are we? We have quite disparate healthcare systems and demography, don't we? US locked down faster and harder than we did, didn't they? Your statement iss something of a non-sequitur, isn't it?
US locked down late, and lockdowns varied by state. Predictions say that it could have been a lot worse if they avoided any lockdown.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
don't forget about me and how nobody has any response to the studies that ivermectin works

they all had the chance and failed, so this means ivermectin is unopposed

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
don't forget about me and how nobody has any response to the studies that ivermectin works

they all had the chance and failed, so this means ivermectin is unopposed
I'll look when I have time, if I can be bothered.

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe do you think it’s okay that we are becoming a segregated society due to the division the government is creating?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
IF it works could it be as simple as a massive company protecting their goldmine and crushing the smaller company?

"Prevention" is more profitable than the "cure".
nah Ivermectin is just a brand name that produces the mectin based molecules for internal and external parasites control in large herd animals there are hundreds of companies that produce these molecules around the world its very old chemistry

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
@Hacky McAxe do you think it’s okay that we are becoming a segregated society due to the division the government is creating?
Nope. I think it's a real problem. But I don't think it's just the government creating the segregation (although they are helping create it). I think Social Media has a massive segregating effect. Echo chambers in social media lead to people deliberately segregating when they adhere to their clan.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Who makes Ivermectin?
currently merck but the patent expired so anybody can make it now, i thought their statement recommending it to not be used was just their lawyer speaking but since i learned they lost their rights to the drug and since they have 1.2 billion guaranteed on the table from the us government if they can get their new drug molnupiravir approved then yes they would lose out if ivermectin works

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nope. I think it's a real problem. But I don't think it's just the government creating the segregation (although they are helping create it). I think Social Media has a massive segregating effect. Echo chambers in social media lead to people deliberately segregating when they adhere to their clan.
Yeh it becomes a problem when the premier comes out and spews rubbish like “Freedoms for the vaccinated only“ and “ I wouldn’t want to go near a person who is not vaccinated”. That’s dangerous territory

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeh it becomes a problem when the premier comes out and spews rubbish like “Freedoms for the vaccinated only“ and “ I wouldn’t want to go near a person who is not vaccinated”. That’s dangerous territory
Yep. I don't agree with that approach at all. I still think it's stupid to avoid getting vaccinated, but I don't agree with the comments she made and I don't agree with the forced vaccination.

King Gus

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Covid is 100% real but it’s man made,
Question is why was it made.

Status
Not open for further replies.