Covid-19 related debates (argue in this thread only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
the reason that there is no peer review to show that ivermectin doesn't work is because all the studies show that ivermectin works

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I have to ask though.. Do you work for Merck?

You are really pushing people to buy something that is basically snake oil, or a sugar pill. So surely you must work for Merck.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
the reason that there is no peer review to show that ivermectin doesn't work is because all the studies show that ivermectin works
Cool. Provide them.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
I have to ask though.. Do you work for Merck?

You are really pushing people to buy something that is basically snake oil, or a sugar pill. So surely you must work for Merck.
you have accused it of being snake oil so you should provide evidence that its snake oil or a sugar pill

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Cool. Provide them.
ok lets start with the aiims study in india that showed much lower numbers of front line workers getting covid while using ivermectin, 82% i think

so thats 1-0 for ivermectin

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
this is like italian soccer when they defend the 1-0 lead because it is enough to win the game

1-0 is enough because there is no evidence that it doesn't work

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
43247 cases
233 deaths
0.538% mortality rate
99.462% recovery rate
100% idiocy

Meanwhile, 9 people a day kill themselves. Dont know how anyone can justify this bullshit in their heads.
Thanks for the feedback…much appreciated..:blush:

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
so what is going on? did i win?

I'm not saying it doesn't work

wtf the grim reaper is a total nutjob who will say anything and is not genuine, this is like when he produced the peer reviewed study then immediately argued it was dog shit after i saw that ivermectin was winning in it

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
hacky mcaxe is not saying it doesn't work, then an hour later he says it doesn't work

this is a liar plain and simple

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
ok lets start with the aiims study in india that showed much lower numbers of front line workers getting covid while using ivermectin, 82% i think

so thats 1-0 for ivermectin
Fair. The AIIMS study published in Plus One journal was peer reviewed and showed that two doses of Ivermectin may reduce the chance of catching Covid-19. Plus One isn't a high impact journal, it's not a very well respected journal, and it's Open Access, but it's not considered a predatory journal by most so it does hold some weight. I should point out that there are those who consider it a predatory journal (a journal that publishes fake research for money), but there's only a few reports of that. But it's definitely not as well respected as Nature, Science or the Lancet.

But a few important points:

1) The next month reduction was 82%. The absolute reduction (reduction over time) was 9.7%

2) This study isn't about the treatment of Covid-19. It's about using Ivermectin as a prophylactic (prevention). I thought we were discussing Covid-19 treatments, but sure. As a prophylactic it may have merit (more research needed)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
this is like italian soccer when they defend the 1-0 lead because it is enough to win the game

1-0 is enough because there is no evidence that it doesn't work
If you think science is based on score then you're very deluded.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
hacky mcaxe is not saying it doesn't work, then an hour later he says it doesn't work

this is a liar plain and simple
Just because you don't understand what I'm saying, doesn't mean I'm wrong.

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Fair. The AIIMS study published in Plus One journal was peer reviewed and showed that two doses of Ivermectin may reduce the chance of catching Covid-19. Plus One isn't a high impact journal, it's not a very well respected journal, and it's Open Access, but it's not considered a predatory journal so it does hold some weight.

But a few important points:

1) The next month reduction was 82%. The absolute reduction (reduction over time) was 9.7%

2) This study isn't about the treatment of Covid-19. It's about using Ivermectin as a prophylactic (prevention). I thought we were discussing Covid-19 treatments, but sure. As a prophylactic it may have merit (more research needed)
well if you bothered to read my argument instead of deleting the whole day of posting then you would see that a major part is about the prevention of covid, my entire argument about india stopping it is that they gave it out to family members of covid cases to stop the spread, ive used this argument for weeks, like when i said they should get 100 ivermectin guys who are confident they won't get covid into a room and try to give them covid

if you can still see deleted posts then simply search for "prevent" and my posts will pop up, if not then see what ive been arguing before today, of course the main argument about ivermectin is about prevention

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
43247 cases
233 deaths
0.538% mortality rate
99.462% recovery rate
100% idiocy

Meanwhile, 9 people a day kill themselves. Dont know how anyone can justify this bullshit in their heads.
I would say it's based on a number of factors:

1) 0.5% is 5 x higher than a bad flu season, and Covid is much more infectious than the flu. Which means it would kill many more people than any disease or virus we have based on that rate

2) Due to it's high infection rate and high hospital rate, it will cause massive pressure on our hospital system. Many of our hospitals and our ambulance system are struggling and that's while we have a large percentage vaccinated and have lockdowns in effect. There's no doubt that if we didn't have the vaccination levels where they are, or we didn't have lockdown, then it would be way more than we could handle

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Just because you don't understand what I'm saying, doesn't mean I'm wrong.
so you aren't saying it doesn't work then you say its basically a snake oil

i thought snake oil is specifically something that doesn't work, hopefully another kenneler will peer review this situation and confirm this with me but im 99.2% certain

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
All that said, the mental health issues caused by this lockdown are almost as bad as the disease. I'm aware of the "9 people a day kill themselves", but please try not to use that as a false flag. I work with Lifeline and I'm fully aware of that state. But that stat is based on 2019 suicide data, well before Covid-19. It's a shocking stat and it's why I started working with Lifeline in the first place.

But it's horrible when people use that to push their agenda especially considering that it's a pre-covid statistic.

All that said, I fully expect that rate to be higher when the rates come in for this year. It's a real problem and it can't be discounted when discussing lockdown.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
well if you bothered to read my argument instead of deleting the whole day of posting then you would see that a major part is about the prevention of covid, my entire argument about india stopping it is that they gave it out to family members of covid cases to stop the spread, ive used this argument for weeks, like when i said they should get 100 ivermectin guys who are confident they won't get covid into a room and try to give them covid

if you can still see deleted posts then simply search for "prevent" and my posts will pop up, if not then see what ive been arguing before today, of course the main argument about ivermectin is about prevention
Which is fine, but you said that you had 60 studies that supported your position. This is one study that supports Ivermectin as a potential preventative measure. This study was analysed as part of the earlier meta-analysis I provided (the one you immediately disregarded)

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
so you aren't saying it doesn't work then you say its basically a snake oil

i thought snake oil is specifically something that doesn't work, hopefully another kenneler will peer review this situation and confirm this with me but im 99.2% certain
Nope. Snake oil may or may not work. It's a term used for something that is pushed as a miracle cure when it's likely to not be.

SoulCrusher

Banned
Reaction score
There's no doubt that if we didn't have the vaccination levels where they are, or we didn't have lockdown, then it would
Theres no doubt that if I hadn't prayed to baby Jesus last night, you would have been struck by lightning today....

See? I can make unfalsifiable claims too.

Source on 0.1% mortality for flu? Abs says 4124 flu/pneumonia deaths in 2019. Googl not showing relevant results on this one obviously, just a bunch of corona shit.

I'm not "pushing" any kind of agenda and resent the accusation. How would you like it if I accused you of cynically exploiting covid deaths to serve a vax and lockdown agenda? I wouldn't do that because i'm right and therefore have no reason to resort to bad faith tactics like impugning my interlocutors motivations.

281 people have died in the last 365 days with covid. 3318 people killed themselves in 2019. Mean age of death is 43, about half that of covid. Suicide is objectively 12× deadlier than covid. Suicide (as i'm sure you know) was already trending up at a rate of 5% a year over the preceding decade, meaning 2021 was on track for ~3650.

The fat morons running this shitshow are exaccerbating an objectively bigger problem to reduce a smaller one. The same thing for locking people down. 2/3 of the country are oberweight or obese, heart disease is a runaway as the biggest killer in the country. 18k died of Ischaemic heart disease alone in 2019, but instead of tackling that, these dickheads are telling everyone to stay at home and get uber eats to deliver KFC every night, lest they catch a virus that killed 281 people in the last 365 days....

8821 people die of lung cancer in 2019. Ban smokes? No.
281 people die of covid. Destroy everyones quality of life, jobs, ruin economy. Duh! Ofc!

If scummo et al were truly interested in improving public health there would be about 100 things you could do that would have more benefit for less pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.