• Yes

Votes: 344 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 31 8.3%

• Total voters

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The numbers don’t quiet add up mate. 6 weeks to go and he’s on $450k.

The rest of this years salary would only be $50-$55k wouldn’t it ?
Well if the 100k pay out is accurate we must be shouting him a fair few schooners.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The numbers don’t quiet add up mate. 6 weeks to go and he’s on $450k.

The rest of this years salary would only be $50-$55k wouldn’t it ?
Not necessarily. They generally don't get paid weekly and often get paid monthly. Some players get advances. Others defer payments and get paid more later. Every club's payroll system is different. I can't see why an extra payment on top of whatever he was owed this season would be included unless it was part of the settlement they reached.

And even if that was the case, they might have been able to add that to this year's cap if they still had the space to do so..

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So did the sponsor want to leave because Elliott kissed a girl in a toilet cubicle? I don't believe that's what happened but that is what we are being led to believe. Did Millie lie to the integrity committee? It would seem so because I don't think Elliott would have been asked to leave for that.
I think it was the problem of the bad press the club was getting and as the player is contracted to the said club anything that he gets up to which a negative spin is put on reflects badly on them and in the eyes of the sponsor/prospective sponsor on them as well.
The fact that it appears Adam had been in court before the Mad Monday incident where he was lucky not to get jail time or a criminal conviction recorded he ran out of chances to show that he was headed in the right direction. Even though having a few drinks or "a kiss" in the bathroom is not a crime it is sadly a reflection on his character that he could not sort himself out even after promising he would stay out of trouble.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I am fine. The future is very bright for Adam. He won’t be going to the tigers. He has firjddd offers from at least 7 NRL clubs and a high profile NFL club has approached him about a potential code switch.

The club will rue this decision, Adam will ho from strength to strength. Mark my words.
I think Adam will only improve if he can sort his head out. I personally think the Club should have suggested a Psychiatrist. We will be sorry if another club sorts him out. That's what Bullfrog would have done.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The club were probably looking for an excuse to sack him, with Vaughan and TPJ coming, and RFM back next season. He was stupid enough to stick his neck out when we had the axe out. Can only blame himself. Lol at people saying he got sacked for kissing a girl. If it was that simple and the only incident, he wouldn't be sacked. And hes not a good enough player for me to shed a tear over losing.

NQ Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I think it was the problem of the bad press the club was getting and as the player is contracted to the said club anything that he gets up to which a negative spin is put on reflects badly on them and in the eyes of the sponsor/prospective sponsor on them as well.
The fact that it appears Adam had been in court before the Mad Monday incident where he was lucky not to get jail time or a criminal conviction recorded he ran out of chances to show that he was headed in the right direction. Even though having a few drinks or "a kiss" in the bathroom is not a crime it is sadly a reflection on his character that he could not sort himself out even after promising he would stay out of trouble.
In light of R U Ok day, the Club could have been seen to care about Adams mental health and received some good press for a change. The Board needs to think.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In light of R U Ok day, the Club could have been seen to care about Adams mental health and received some good press for a change. The Board needs to think.
The board thought about all the other times Elliott has dragged the club thru the mud due to poor decisions after getting on the piss.
The club did look after his mental health on multiple occasions and even with this final indiscretion they put his mental health first by allowing him to stay in the bubble and no doubt providing support.
The bloke is mid twenties and hasn't learnt his lesson after multiple incidents, time to learn the hard way.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm sick of talking about his mental health. We're a football club, not a rehab/mental health clinic.. He earned 500k a year. He'll still find another club eventually. It's not like his life is over. I care far more about the image and values of the club than I care about Elliott.

The club looked after him and gave him every chance over the years. I wish him luck moving forward but I'm glad he's not our problem anymore.

Headmix

Banned
Reaction score
“Hallelujah…. Hallelujah… hallelujah, hallelujah. Hallelujah!!!!!”

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the club have been doing this since his first incident in 2018.

You can only help someone for so long in a environment like professional sport until they become a liability.

I actually think this will be a blessing is disguise for Elliott in the long run to sort himself out.

surfdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good outcome for all, both seemed to have some skin in the game here. Think there will be plenty of player movement over summer so hope we are patient and get it right, looking forward to next year

amapusae

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Story out that part of the reason we sacked him is because we were in negotiations with a international company to sponsor us and they paused negotiations because of it

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Not necessarily. They generally don't get paid weekly and often get paid monthly. Some players get advances. Others defer payments and get paid more later. Every club's payroll system is different. I can't see why an extra payment on top of whatever he was owed this season would be included unless it was part of the settlement they reached.

And even if that was the case, they might have been able to add that to this year's cap if they still had the space to do so..
It’s neither here or there but it’s the best 100k outlay we have ever made, let me tell you that for free!

[emoji38]

racin jason

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about this. I accept that Adam did some really dumb and in the case of Lichaa's missus, abhorent but part of me feels a little bad for him. The club can't keep giving more chances so had to act, no denying that however he isn't the first bloke to do dumb shit whilst on the cans and won't be the last. I hope he stays off the drink, gets his shit sorted, finds another job and goes on to be a decent human.
Onwards and upwards for all parties hopefully.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This “might” be the first preseason in a while without some idiot (Elliot) doing something dumb