Fox Sports Brent Read Say's Bulldogs Trying To Organise Elliott On A Player Swap.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Elliott is on 500k or 480k james is on minimum. No Fucking way we “trade” that.

If we swap it’s for another 480/500k player. I think sack the **** is best play then we could sign james etc for minimum and have 300k+ to cap.

I don’t buy into this unless it’s like other said maybe tapine.

We won’t touch chn.

Gus isn’t stupid he isn’t trading cap mismatch’s or more walking headlines like chn.
Im not so sure about that as when raiders signed him from titans he was captain and highly regarded

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Im not so sure about that as when raiders signed him from titans he was captain and highly regarded
James on decent money around the same as Elliott (according to reports, "injured Gold Coast Titans captain Ryan James is set to sign with the Canberra Raiders for the 2021 season on a two-year-deal worth $400,000 a season.")

Last edited:

Jarrad El Hickey

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can’t see anyone taking him we have no leverage the best we could hope for is maybe a young player on minimum wage to ease cap and maybe get a player of the future

David holland

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Chn would be ideal ,great edge forward

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
He did his acl like 2 or 3 times or some shit and barely played for years.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
TT you got any idea why Rhyse Martin was so stuffed around?
Always intrigued me. Was a top performer in 2018 and a deadly goal kicker yet Pay didn't seem to go for him much.
I've had it confirmed that he was a good trainer, on time etc from someone around the team then.
He seemed so conscientious that it is hsrd to think he had a slack attitude.
Wondering if you had heard anything from that time in 2019?
A good question Wendy, I haven't heard much, I did hear that he had some issues following in the house dietitian and nutritionist's requirements, particularly in the off season and regularly failed his agreed KPI's as a result. But no word of any other problems with training or discipline, he got on with the players really well and pretty much did everything that the conditioners and coaches asked. There may have been some personal friction but I didn't hear about any of that.

Exactly why did he leave, I don't really know, he played his first NRL game when he was 25 and is 28 now, maybe a factor. He wasn't picked up by any other NRL team, so there was obviously something that was noticed. He seems to be going well in the ESL though.

Always a Bulldog

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
TT you got any idea why Rhyse Martin was so stuffed around?

Always intrigued me. Was a top performer in 2018 and a deadly goal kicker yet Pay didn't seem to go for him much.

I've had it confirmed that he was a good trainer, on time etc from someone around the team then.

He seemed so conscientious that it is hsrd to think he had a slack attitude.

Wondering if you had heard anything from that time in 2019?
A good question Wendy, I haven't heard much, I did hear that he had some issues following in the house dietitian and nutritionist's requirements, particularly in the off season and regularly failed his agreed KPI's as a result. But no word of any other problems with training or discipline, he got on with the players really well and pretty much did everything that the conditioners and coaches asked. There may have been some personal friction but I didn't hear about any of that.

Exactly why did he leave, I don't really know, he played his first NRL game when he was 25 and is 28 now, maybe a factor. He wasn't picked up by any other NRL team, so there was obviously something that was noticed. He seems to be going well in the ESL though.

Always a Bulldog
Must admit I was a fan of his. I couldn't understand why we didn't work with him further. Code Walker is a fucking grub but is playing some excellent football and was a late bloomer as well.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score

Always a Bulldog
Thanks TT. Thought you may have some insight. It was puzzling on face value. He offered more than any other 2ndrower we had with his goal kicking and ran good lines and seemed an effort player and had a few stints at Lock.

I certaining regarded him better than Chris Smith, Elliott, Sue, Fualolo as regards points

His defence was questioned at times but probably no more so than any of the others.

BTW he and his partner had. a baby boy in June (no pic following but he has posted pics on his socials).

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bellamy would lick his lips if we offered him that deal. We need to just stop panicking and keep elliott. He's a future Australian rep. Can't let the media push him out. Grow a pair Gus.
Mate come off it.. you can’t be serious